Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with dogs food

• 21-08-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have two dogs a pug and a westie x Im feeding them redwitch salmon and rice dry food with lilys kitchen qet food. About 100g of dry food and 200g of wet food. Our pug is doing great on this but the westie x isnt. Her poos are soft and foul smelling. Ive tried her on a plain diet of chicken for a few days. Shes ok until she was put back on dog food. Im not sure what's wrong. Shes also going back to going toilet in the house at night even tho she is let out late. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Maybe feed either dry or wet but don't mix them - at least that way you'll be able to decide which of them don't suit her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

tk123 wrote: »
    Maybe feed either dry or wet but don't mix them - at least that way you'll be able to decide which of them don't suit her?

Good idea! Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

westies are notorious for suffering from food allergies etc. i'd go with the dry food for now and maybe put a little oil (a tea spoon is plenty) on it for extra flavour, fish oil if possible but cod liver oil is ok too.

westies are notorious for suffering from food allergies etc. i'd go with the dry food for now and maybe put a little oil (a tea spoon is plenty) on it for extra flavour, fish oil if possible but cod liver oil is ok too.

Cant get her to eat dry nuts without the wet food :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

PucaMama wrote: »

Try soaking the food in warm water for a bit. Brings out the flavour in it.
    If she's hungry she will eat it so just try that first and see will it work.

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Try soaking the food in warm water for a bit. Brings out the flavour in it.
    If she's hungry she will eat it so just try that first and see will it work.

Ok il try that

clever little madam. you could try a diffrent dried food? my female is desperately picky as well. it took me a long time and a lot of trial and error to find a food she liked and didnt cause allergy flare ups.

i feed mine this (i've two westies but the male will eat anything) and they both do great on it and they both enjoy it.

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/nutro/adult/136361

clever little madam. you could try a diffrent dried food? my female is desperately picky as well. it took me a long time and a lot of trial and error to find a food she liked and didnt cause allergy flare ups.

i feed mine this (i've two westies but the male will eat anything) and they both do great on it and they both enjoy it.

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/nutro/adult/136361

She would never take any brand of nuts on their own for me and I just cant resist that little face so I give in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

If the dog wont take dry food on its own, what I usually recommend is you start keeping any plain scraps from the dinner by this I mean plain rice, meat, offcuts from chicken or steak when you trim the fat etc, along with veg.

I usually feed dry food with some offcuts thoroughly mixed through for flavour.

If the dog wont take dry food on its own, what I usually recommend is you start keeping any plain scraps from the dinner by this I mean plain rice, meat, offcuts from chicken or steak when you trim the fat etc, along with veg.

I usually feed dry food with some offcuts thoroughly mixed through for flavour.

Id say she would love that. We already give them any we dont eat. Thanks for all the suggestions

• Advertisement

She would never take any brand of nuts on their own for me and I just cant resist that little face so I give in :)

my female used to insist on being hand fed. and yes, that face is hard to resist. they are so so clever.

when she was little, my mother fed her bakers while minding her and she loved it - of course i refused to give it to her and she practically went on hunger strike!

just keep perservering, if shes hungry enough, she'll eat :P

my female used to insist on being hand fed. and yes, that face is hard to resist. they are so so clever.

when she was little, my mother fed her bakers while minding her and she loved it - of course i refused to give it to her and she practically went on hunger strike!

just keep perservering, if shes hungry enough, she'll eat :P

Ah mine spent a week on bakers once they loved it must be all the e numbers and additives lol just like children

Advertisement