Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

immigration

Options
  • 21-08-2013 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just looking for people's opinion on my situation... im a full time worker , I have handy hours mon-fri and pay is only average .... i want to experience life abroad in Australia and canada but if I leave my job it wont be dere if I come back ... id like to get residency in a country if I could but theres no guarantee that will happen for me ... so I like to get people's opinion on this matter ... thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

cubule wrote: »
    Just looking for people's opinion on my situation... im a full time worker , I have handy hours mon-fri and pay is only average .... i want to experience life abroad in Australia and canada but if I leave my job it wont be dere if I come back ... id like to get residency in a country if I could but theres no guarantee that will happen for me ... so I like to get people's opinion on this matter ... thanks :)

Lots of variables you need to fill us in on first

How old are you?

What do you do\Qualifications?

Family Kids etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cubule

Im 27 , no girlfriend , no siblings .... I work in greenkeeping (landscaping) ... I qualify as a skilled worker imigrant ... to be honest I feel like robot at da moment coz everyday is da same and every1 I know is immigrating :( ....

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

cubule wrote: »
    Im 27 , no girlfriend , no siblings .... I work in greenkeeping (landscaping) ... I qualify as a skilled worker imigrant ... to be honest I feel like robot at da moment coz everyday is da same and every1 I know is immigrating :( ....

If I was you I would apply for the IEC in December\January when the program reopens
    Easy visa to get and a good way to dip your toes into Canada and see what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunshine87

I am on a one year visa (got in 2012) and now living in toronto since March.

I couldn't really fault this city - it's great, and very multi cultural. I spent 8 weeks on holiday mode as i had a lot of savings, but got a few temp jobs as a receptionist and i am now in the job I have always wanted - pay is great and the perks are good too. I worked in a medical device company for 3 years and tried for the same job for 2 years (even though i am fully qualified) and got nothing internally, and the first job i applied for here that i was qualified for, i got within 2 weeks of applying.

i find the Attitudes and life out here so much better than home, if i could move my family here it would be perfect.

Maybe i was just lucky here, but i have no intentions of going back to Ireland in the next 5 years as i am well settled and I have also met a Canadian guy here, so i'm starting to think this is it for me!

Advertisement