Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaps 8x56

Options
  • 21-08-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

I've seen a few go for sale here but never had the chance to handle one.

Been offered a new in box one for the right bobs. I suppose they are on par with hubgarian s&b for that money

'Hdz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

I had a 2.5-10x50 with an illuminated reticle. Loved the scope and it was an excellent point and shoot stalking scope. Definitely worth the money that is being asked for them as they are close to being on par with other German optics.

I got rid of mine a few weeks ago as I wanted a scope with target/tactical turrets but would recommend them to anyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Good man that's the kind of stuff i like to hear. I'm home from Asia in a few days so want to jump on it.. would suit the foxing rifle alright i reckon.

That and get the stock under way before Xmas.

They seem pretty light too. Kind of trying to keep it that way.

'Hdz

Anyone else's input?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

hedzball wrote: »
    Anyone else's input?

Had one with illuminated dot centre.. great clarity great scope just didnt like reticle during the day..dot is hard to identify.

ruger1894c wrote: »
    Had one with illuminated dot centre.. great clarity great scope just didnt like reticle during the day..dot is hard to identify.

Was it the T shaped reticle? ? I wouldn't want the illuminated one anyway plus it's more money and weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ruger1894c

Was it the T shaped reticle? ? I wouldn't want the illuminated one anyway plus it's more money and weight
    No it was just a dot in the centre with crosshair around it.. very very clear and for the money perfect for stalking and foxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Kaps is top quality,
    hedz if you like you can have a look through the 2.5-10x50 illuminated that I once had, patsat once had and is back here with us.
    I knocked quite a few grey crows off fence posts over 200yds with that one.
    The illumination on all but "day dot" versions is purely for low light or dusk, not bright enough for daylight red dot use.
    edi

ejg wrote: »
    Kaps is top quality,
    hedz if you like you can have a look through the 2.5-10x50 illuminated that I once had, patsat once had and is back here with us.
    I knocked quite a few grey crows off fence posts over 200yds with that one.
    The illumination on all but "day dot" versions is purely for low light or dusk, not bright enough for daylight red dot use.
    edi

Great stuff edi.

I'd be well interested in a look over that. I'm actually flying home from Cambodia this evening so I'll be in cork come Sunday. Once work is confirmed I'll drop down. Want to get going on the stock too so I'll drop in a few bob . sick of the t3 one at this stage.

Been offered the scope with Warne rings new in box tikka fit for under 500.. Think it might be worth a shot?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

hdz, go to the doc and get yourself checked out beofre you come visit us...hell knows what you picked up over there...:D

That scope would be a great buy.

edi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Great stuff edi.

I'd be well interested in a look over that. I'm actually flying home from Cambodia this evening so I'll be in cork come Sunday. Once work is confirmed I'll drop down. Want to get going on the stock too so I'll drop in a few bob . sick of the t3 one at this stage.

Been offered the scope with Warne rings new in box tikka fit for under 500.. Think it might be worth a shot?

A

Is this a one off deal, or is there more available? Was looking at them online, the classic was about 580 I think, but no rings etc.

I want to change my scope it's a bushnell 8-15x42 and I'm just not getting enough light in the evenings, use not forms talking only.

Would the fixed 8x zoom be good enough for stalking, although tbh, I think I don't use the zoom on the bushnell much

• Advertisement
Advertisement