Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android developers network in Cork?

Options
  • 21-08-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a startup closr.com my background is UX, IT and business.
    I am project managing the prototype development and have some freelance graphics, animators, engineers and android developers (all overseas).

The android work is getting more complex and I'd like to find a local (Cork) person to come onboard, someone I can work with face to face instead of via emails and skype. I've exhaused my network and can't find one, most of those I know have moved abroad or are in really good jobs and don't want to leave their security, and I understand that. I'm also looking for more of a young student coder?

Which leads me to my question. Without putting a post on jobs.ie or adverts etc. Where is the best place to find local (to cork) talent?

I'm fairly time-bound with other duties and I dont want to spend too long searching, any idea's would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Maybe try contacting the nearest colleges and seek recent graduates through them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Maybe try contacting the nearest colleges and seek recent graduates through them?
    Yep, done... I was doing research there up to last year and I actually work at the CIT on industry projects part time as UX and even they can't get developers! They have to advertise outside the colleges...

10,000 IT related jobs open and noone to fill them. I am also fully aware that most talent gets snapped up by the big companies in Dublin or London etc. with matching big salaries :(
    Its also about finding people with a real passion for development and not just people coming off a related Java course.
    Think its a long shot, but I thought I'd see if anything comes up.

Thanks for the comment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I know a few people who might be interested in starting one.

I'll refer them to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

Id love to know more about this as well, recently moved back to Cork and looking to get something going in the mobile space as well, more specifically the mobile gaming space.

Advertisement