Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdraft facility cancellation

Options
  • 21-08-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I have cancelled my overdraft facility on the 15th of January this year after receiving the letter outlining the fees, but now I've found out that I'm still being charged! 

I've been trying to ring my local branch (in Dundrum) but the number that's listed just routes to the Bank of Ireland customer services centre and they say that I need to talk to my local branch ?!

Can someone please give me a contact number for Bank of Ireland Dundrum branch that really goes to the Dundrum branch? It's not 01-2989722.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi crótach.

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear of the recent experience you encountered while trying to cancel the overdraft facility on your account and the difficulty you are having getting through to your branch.

When a call of this nature is received in the call centre, the representative obtains as much information as possible before either transferring the call to the branch or sending a detailed message to them requesting a call back.

You may also cancel the overdraft on your account by sending a signed written instruction to your account holding branch directly.

Please see here for a list of addresses and locations of all our bank branches.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

Hi crótach.

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear of the recent experience you encountered while trying to cancel the overdraft facility on your account and the difficulty you are having getting through to your branch.

When a call of this nature is received in the call centre, the representative obtains as much information as possible before either transferring the call to the branch or sending a detailed message to them requesting a call back.

You may also cancel the overdraft on your account by sending a signed written instruction to your account holding branch directly.

Please see here for a list of addresses and locations of all our bank branches.

Hope this helps. If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Laura
    Hi Laura,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have sent signed written instruction to my account holding branch directly back in January, however they have obviously not acted upon it since I'm still being charged.

The issue now is that I am unable to contact them since there are no publicly available phone numbers for the Dundrum branch, and I don't live in Ireland so I can't go there in person.

Call centre put me through to a voicemail of a person working in the Dundrum branch, but they haven't returned my call.

Kind regards,
    Daniel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi Daniel,

The department you get through to when calling the published number for your bank is the Customer Service Unit for all our branches.

As it is a Personal Lender that you need to speak with in relation to this type of query, please ask the representative for a direct line to the relevant staff member in your branch and they will be happy to assist you.

Thanks
    Laura

Advertisement