Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daniel Bryan Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would they put him in the HOF already?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Would these injuries prevent him from becoming a WWE trainer? I think he'd make one hell of a coach in NXT if it were an option for him. He still loves wrestling and passing on his knowledge would be hugely rewarding for both him and developmental talents.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

4pGeQgo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Just heard the news :(:(:(:(:(:(

If its a work and I pray that it is but don't think so, kinda be great to have Roman come out to a heel turn by mocking him and then they have a match at Mania

Hope he is kept involved in some way like a commisioner role but if he isn't he should at least choke Vince or HHH with his tie like he did when he got let go before.Go out with a bang!

At the end of the day though, his safety is the main thing and he has a great wrestling legacy. Hope it continues if he transiitions to an on air role.

Thank you Daniel Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

****. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The reason I know it isn't a work is that WWE would never do anything so exciting. If Triple H or Steph come out and break character to congratulate him, he might as well have stayed in Arizona.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

As a fan very sad to see that he can't really go out on his own terms but thankful for years of entertainment. The man has a long life ahead of him and I'm glad that retiring is going to give him the best chance to be healthy to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Officer999

Sad day....but he reached the pinnacle winning the World Title at Wrestlemania. That magical moment will forever live on.

Yes! Yes! Yes! was the modern day Austin 3:16

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Such a shame that like some before him that his career has been cut short especially at a time when some fantastic wrestlers could be coming up to the main roster, but your health is your wealth and you gotta look out for number one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

There are STILL people doing the "maybe it's a work" business. SMDH. 2016, for f*cks sake.

Very sad day for Bryan. Hope the guys learn from this.

Oops double post.

CSF wrote: »
    I can't imagine it isn't real. I think the Twitter announcement is to help try kill the is it real/is it not vibe that might have gone on if he had just announced it during the show out of nowhere.

This way the news probably reaches the majority of people that wouldn't look up forums, follow the likes of Meltzer etc.

The twitter announcement is to pop a rating for tonights show, fam.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Daniel Bryan announces retirement then *gong* Undertaker's music hits.

Undertaker: 'One last match...at Wrestlemania!'

martyos121 wrote: »
    Would these injuries prevent him from becoming a WWE trainer? I think he'd make one hell of a coach in NXT if it were an option for him. He still loves wrestling and passing on his knowledge would be hugely rewarding for both him and developmental talents.

He's on record in his book and in interviews saying he doesn't enjoy training or think he is any good at it.

Meltzer also has just broken that WWE has the option to extend the deal like they did to Rey until such a time as he can be cleared to perform. He also says Bryan at one point asked for his release to wrestle but Vince said no.

Thursday before the Royal Rumble he was in New York for a new battery of tests based on new technology that can detect early signs of CTE in the brain. Based on what was discovered, Bryan himself made the decision to retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Monokne wrote: »
    Meltzer also has just broken that WWE has the option to extend the deal like they did to Rey until such a time as he can be cleared to perform. He also says Bryan at one point asked for his release to wrestle but Vince said no.

Thursday before the Royal Rumble he was in New York for a new battery of tests based on new technology that can detect early signs of CTE in the brain. Based on what was discovered, Bryan himself made the decision to retire.

Fair play to Vince tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im delighted he is retiring. Its for his own good. He doesnt need to be a vegetable or a cripple in his old age because of this shít. Of course some fans will still bitch and moan how its all Vinces fault etc...but Vince and WWE have more than likely saved his life. Hopefully he can retire happily knowing how he has changed the business. I wish himself and Brie nothing but happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope he gets a great crowd reaction and send off on Raw, yes yes yes chants all over Seattle

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Anyone else notice that Bryan got the exact same hair cut as Edge when he announced his retirement 5 years this April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that Bryan got the exact same hair cut as Edge when he announced his retirement 5 years this April.

Edge hadn't cut his hair when he retired though so it's not the same.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Edge hadn't cut his hair when he retired though so it's not the same.

Ah :pac: yeah i'm only after realizing it was after Edge retired he cut his hair

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Ah :pac: yeah i'm only after realizing it was after Edge retired he cut his hair

Yeah he came on stage at the hall of fame like that.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Im delighted he is retiring. Its for his own good. He doesnt need to be a vegetable or a cripple in his old age because of this shít. Of course some fans will still bitch and moan how its all Vinces fault etc...but Vince and WWE have more than likely saved his life. Hopefully he can retire happily knowing how he has changed the business. I wish himself and Brie nothing but happiness

This man gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Obviously will miss him, but relieved he seems to be getting out just in time.

Their is so much the E do wrong you could write a thesis on it and of course you do wonder what morals the company has so often.

However if they had cleared him ages ago when he was pushing to wrestle again, I dread to think what extra damage he could have caused himself, got to say we owe Vince props for sticking by his guns not to clear him especially if the reports in his recent tests were so scary that he retired immediately.

Also

MaffewOfBotchamania ‏@Maffewgregg 43 mins43 minutes ago
    Harley Race: Regrets innovating it
    Dynamite Kid: Wheelchair
    Benoit: n/a
    Daniel Bryan: Broken at height of popularity

DON'T DIVING HEADBUTT

Obviously it was not just that move that caused all the damage to those guys, but its a move I wouldn't be against the E banning, so high risk.

Its not even that its high risk, its just a stupid move. That child murdering scumbag would try to legit hit other guys in the head!! Fúcking dumb!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Could still be a work. WWE's hack Doctor put the no compete on him. He was cleared by one of the best neurosurgeons in the country and cleared without restrictions. From what I had read and heard in interviews was that he was going to get another opinion to try and convince the WWE Doctor to clear him.

My gut tells me, he's not the type of guy to tweet something like that for a storyline but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that this is work. Doesn't it also seem strange that they are currently building Brie (who can't work and hasn't been getting a push) against Charlotte at the same time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Announces retirement, berated by Triple H and/or Stephanie and then Roman Reigns out to make the 'save'. :(

Ruu wrote: »
    Announces retirement, berated by Triple H and/or Stephanie and then Roman Reigns out to make the 'save'. :(

Guess it would be too much to ask for if Hunter & Stephanie left their egos aside tonight IF they interrupt Bryan..

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Could still be a work. WWE's hack Doctor put the no compete on him. He was cleared by one of the best neurosurgeons in the country and cleared without restrictions. From what I had read and heard in interviews was that he was going to get another opinion to try and convince the WWE Doctor to clear him.

My gut tells me, he's not the type of guy to tweet something like that for a storyline but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that this is work. Doesn't it also seem strange that they are currently building Brie (who can't work and hasn't been getting a push) against Charlotte at the same time..

WWE's hack Doctor?! Really?? Still bitter over Punk are we?! Its not just Dr. Amann that refused to clear DB. Its been over a year since hes been fit to work and if we are honest its probably 2 years as he should never have come back last year.

Can people stop questioning this now. Its not a work or an angle or whatever. Its real life! His brain after 10+ concussions is in Im gonna say an awful state. This is Bryans own decision. Not Vince. Not Pauls or Stephanies or Dr. Amanns or anybody else the internet wants to blame.

Its Bryan Danielsons decision as a human being to stop damaging his brain. If you are in doubt just read that last sentence again and again until you wake up and realise this isnt a work, its real life.

Advertisement