Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issue with HTC one SV display

• 21-08-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I have a HTC one SV for the last few months and recently the screen has picked up a lot of scratches. I have not changed anything to account for the scratches. Its carried in my pocket but I have no screen protector as its supposed to be Gorilla Glass 2.
    I had a HTC DesireHD prior to this phone with no cover and there was barely any scratches in nearly two years. This was only with the original Gorilla Glass.

Is there a problem with Gorilla Glass 2 or do I just have a defective unit? Trying to get some opinions before I go back to meteor with this. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

Gorilla Glass is only scratch resistant, not scratch proof, i think it's designed to take a certain amount of abuse, but it could be that something small has just repeatedly wore against the surface of the screen to a point where the protection has given way.

I don't own a phone with gorilla glass, but even if I do in the future, i'll still be fitting a screen protector; as strong as Gorilla Glass is, i imagine there is a certain amount of marketing with these miracle products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I have a One SV as well without screen protector.
    Covered in lots of little scratches as well.
    Nothing to hinder usage but definitely noticeable.

As Kitnan says, a lot is down to marketing when it comes to Gorilla Glass.
    Nothing is completely scratch-proof.

If you want a scratch free screen you're going to need to get some sort of screen protector.

Advertisement