Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone: mercenary

Options
  • 21-08-2013 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭

Now that the open beta is out for ps+ members I think it's time for it's own thread.
    Hopefully be able to get some games in this evening. My psn name is deselby83 if anyone fancies a few games later on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just got this myself and will add you later

Very impressed so far with it plays just like the PS3 and it looks epic and so much detail going on in small area

The downsides is that i dont know how to use the POD things and that i find you die and kill people way to easily in it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Will have to dust off the Vita for this when I get home. Hope I have enough space to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

It's 1.4 gb for those wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Keep getting errors when downloading, plus anyone know why my vita stops downloading when it enters sleep mode, I have enabled the wifi to stay on in sleep but my downloads always get paused when vita enters sleep

Keep getting errors when downloading, plus anyone know why my vita stops downloading when it enters sleep mode, I have enabled the wifi to stay on in sleep but my downloads always get paused when vita enters sleep

Do you put it in sleep mode. If you so then downloads stop, if you let it go into sleep mode itself then the downloads should continue

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Do you put it in sleep mode. If you so then downloads stop, if you let it go into sleep mode itself then the downloads should continue

I don't but it into sleep mode, it goes in automatically after 10 minutes

I don't but it into sleep mode, it goes in automatically after 10 minutes

Not sure then because when I do that things keep downloading

Not sure then because when I do that things keep downloading

No worries might contact sony about it see what they say, it's really annoying. Have to download killzone now on ps3 and manually transfer it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

where can I find this?? have looked on the store and can't find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    where can I find this?? have looked on the store and can't find it anywhere

Are you a PS+ subscriber?

I found it on the Vita PSN Store.

• Advertisement

Is anyone else having trouble getting into a game? It keeps saying no network connection to the game host could be made, then. Other times I do get a game before people drop out. It's strange because it was working no problem earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone have any idea how to do the hacking, I was there for a good 2 minutes trying before Klair came over and stabbed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Is anyone else having trouble getting into a game? It keeps saying no network connection to the game host could be made, then. Other times I do get a game before people drop out. It's strange because it was working no problem earlier

I have yet to get into a game because of these errors. Kind of annoying.

So considering I don't need it I've got a US PSN beta key for this.

You'll need a US account and have to ask for it in the form of a haiku.

Yeah im on ps+.. But i can't find it on vita

ziggyman17 wrote: »

On the store, go to Latest, then Now on Vita. It is on that list.

Otacon wrote: »
    On the store, go to Latest, then Now on Vita. It is on that list.

Thanks.. Downloading now..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just played about a half hour and am very impressed. The graphics are incredible for a portable system but more importantly the controls and the feel of the game is just right. I'll need to play some more to decide if it will be worth a purchase.

Same here. Very impressed. Connections have been a bit touch and go. Think it's definitely a purchase for me. Few things could change maybe, that big sky laser thing seems to be too regular and over powered and iv been spawned in front of people a few times but these small thing can change I suppose. That hasn't been enough to change my mind on it overall though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Loving this game!! Reminds me of the first time playing modern warfare online.

I haven't had any connection issues really, though myself and a friend joined a group and started a game but it put us on opposite sides.

Add me: AnimaxIRL

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Its beeeyudiful........absolutely loving it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Also: tips for people just starting.......

1. Use triangle to interact with the vanguard capsules. If you're not in the "hacker" phase of the game you just get the vanguard, if you're in the hacker phase you have to use touchpad to decode.

It has 4 icons, which you have to replicate two-at-a-time. Press the first one, then touch the CENTRE, then press the final piece and touch the centre again.

2. Use triangle when close to an enemy to melee/interrogate. Follow on-screen swipe gestures.

animaX wrote: »
    2. Use triangle when close to an enemy to melee/interrogate. Follow on-screen swipe gestures.

And when you're meleed if it's from the front you can counter by pressing the swipe gestures faster, and if you win the counter start shooting it'll stop the other guy knifing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

had my first fews games of this and found it excellent , was waiting for a proper fps on the vita and its finally arrived, a day one for me I think, add me for a few games phoniexknight

Some of the bad.

Some of the worst spawning I've ever seen, people have just appear in front of me and I've died a few times the moment I've spawned.

The triangle button is not well placed to be used as the melee button, especially when you have to then shift to the touch screen to do the swiping bit after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Varik wrote: »
    Some of the bad.

Some of the worst spawning I've ever seen, people have just appear in front of me and I've died a few times the moment I've spawned.

The triangle button is not well placed to be used as the melee button, especially when you have to then shift to the touch screen to do the swiping bit after that.

I agree with the spawning, it can be terrible at times however I find the triangle button works a treat. Check out the stat tracking site they have at the moment, lots of info packed into it especially the replay of your past battles. Its an overhead view of the map and tracks the movements and actions of all players

https://mercenary.beta.killzone.com/mycareer#main=leaderboard&playmode=multiplayer&leaderboard-mp=leaderboard-mp-warzone&top=valour-suit-box&multiplayer_progress_charts=multiplayer_winlooseratio

I have yet to get into a game because of these errors. Kind of annoying.

I still have not gotten into a single match. I have tried different wi-fi networks, at varying times. Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I still have not gotten into a single match. I have tried different wi-fi networks, at varying times. Frustrating.

Is there anyone in your Block List on PSN? Remove them, and then try again.

• Advertisement

Klair88 wrote: »
    Is there anyone in your Block List on PSN? Remove them, and then try again.

Nope, block list is clear.

Advertisement