Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone: mercenary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Otacon wrote: »
    Nope, block list is clear.

Hmm, i was having awful trouble over my 5mb Wi-Fi, so i switched connection to my iPhones 3G and it's running great now! Still a few connection problems but largely improved!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Klair88 wrote: »
    Hmm, i was having awful trouble over my 5mb Wi-Fi, so i switched connection to my iPhones 3G and it's running great now! Still a few connection problems but largely improved!

I will test using my phone as a wi-fi hotspot to see if that solves it.

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What's everyone's Valour ranks, currently have King of clubs. Anyone have an Ace.

I've not met any 6s, Jacks, or Queens yet so I'm missing those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Varik wrote: »
    What's everyone's Valour ranks, currently have King of clubs. Anyone have an Ace.

I have an ace of clubs (well me and my younger brother who plays too). I also got the whole 13 club cards. Might move on to a different suit now but not sure which ones are which (clubs are obviously for machine guns).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I got into a mercenary match last night. there was only 3 of us but it was free for all. no idea how i ended up in it. anyone else get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Varik wrote: »

I've not met any 6s, Jacks, or Queens yet so I'm missing those.

I got an ace of clubs, think itll be hard to collect the lower lvl cards. Im totally wrecking it at the moment , have a k/d of 2.07 . switching sets between modes helps a lot, that tranq gun helps to interrogate.

So this game is as bad are the early Gears game and a few others, the Host is God.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well I downloaded beta too. I will be honest, on my first game I was not impressed by game it self. The next day I picked it up again and had a lot of fun. It really grew on me.
    Technical achievement is fantastic. It looks and feels amazing. Just a prove that it was possible to make a very good call of duty game on ps vita, devs were just too lazy.
    One thing that really annoys me: the trigger buttons. SONY is just crap at doing good triggers on controllers. My hands get very tired fast while playing vita. It's not very comfortable device or I just got way to used to 3DS XL.

I am sort of on the fence with killzone. Looks like a great multiplayer game and it's price surprisingly very affordable (25£ on Amazon). I am just wondering if it will get any play time when ps4 arrives with cross play features. I might as well play proper killzone on vita then...

The below is problems I have and all of which are not something inherently wrong with the game but easily fixable.

They need to reduce the kill range of the proxy mine, it'll kill from a good long distance as is. The poison gas could use either increasing the damage or range. The Flash bangs aren't that effective but the map is more the reason for that. The Van-guards, the ones you earn rather than pick up are gotten too fast and it'd be nice to have some indication what the enemy have active rather than being told once at the start. Spawning is an issue, you can sometimes appear right in front of an enemy's sights and die or you can have the enemy spawn right behind you.

Dislike using triangle for to start the melee but I've gotten used to it and have no problem anymore with any of the controls, I'm not sure how countering works as it only seems to be prompted for sometimes.

Agree on some of the points alright. Your chosen Vanguard can recharge very easily if you get a few kills and good points. Having said that, there needs to be a way to reward good players (which is what that is effectively).

Mantis engine should be easier to shoot-down.

The only real bug that I've found is Vanguard capsules that won't open

• Advertisement

animaX wrote: »
    The only real bug that I've found is Vanguard capsules that won't open

The capsules can in certain modes remain on the map after they've been used, you can tell as the centre is actually empty after the vanguard has been removed from it.

Has anyone come across a situation where an enemy couldn't be killed?? Despite a massive amount of direct hits?

Thinking they might be in a sky fury or something and have some sort of invincibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played one more match just now. Getting better at controls. The more I play it, the more I like it.
    I kind of really like the heaviness on bodies. It actually feels that you shooting at something solid, not at blow up doll. Valor card system is quite fun too. This game makes me want to get ps4 killzone version even more now.

So a lot of you getting this?

animaX wrote: »
    Has anyone come across a situation where an enemy couldn't be killed?? Despite a massive amount of direct hits?

Thinking they might be in a sky fury or something and have some sort of invincibility.

Seen some people just lagging around and even a full clip to the head won't put them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

Played a few enjoyable games tonight...

Nice to 'meet' animaX and ShadowHearth!

Like the beta...BUT...a few niggles (as others have mentioned): Connection errors, Host advantage, Respawning next to enemies, Having to tap/hold rear touchpad to sprint etc.

Beautiful looking game...and, most importantly, the fun outweighs the niggles!

Will definitely buy! :-)

FLOODY777 wrote: »
    Played a few enjoyable games tonight...

Like the beta...BUT...a few niggles (as others have mentioned): Connection errors, Host advantage, Respawning next to enemies, Having to tap/hold rear touchpad to sprint etc.

Beautiful looking game...and, most importantly, the fun outweighs the niggles!

Will definitely buy! :-)

Is your psn you're playing on something like flood USA?

I remember seeing you alright! Good games.

By the way, I highly recommend using circle to sprint. Just hold it for a second until you go into a sprint, then you'll keep sprinting as long as you're moving forward (don't need to hold circle).

Though you can't sprint forever of course

had my best game game there 66-12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Never played a Killzone game before. This is such a surprise hit, loving the beta. Pre-ordered on Amazon for £25 with pre-order DLC. I think the first review score leaked and was 9/10 (just for single-player)
    Like the beta...BUT...a few niggles (as others have mentioned): Connection errors, Host advantage, Respawning next to enemies,

All valid points. The respawn system can be infuriating.

Had the beta ended? I tried to play but it says it can't log into the killzone servers

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Had the beta ended? I tried to play but it says it can't log into the killzone servers

It is releasing tomorrow in some countries so they may be turning off the beta. Just a guess though.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

Yeah, looks like the beta has ended. Beta was brill, but glad it's over. I wonder whether it's being released in Ireland tomorrow or Friday. Will drop down to GS to ask later.

00011000 wrote: »
    Yeah, looks like the beta has ended. Beta was brill, but glad it's over. I wonder whether it's being released in Ireland tomorrow or Friday. Will drop down to GS to ask later.

Friday as far as I know.

Are many people here getting it after playing the beta? Personally I started off loving it but I think the one map eventually took the fun out of it and it went a bit stale. I think I'll wait a little bit and see what reviews it gets and what people on here have to say about it

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Are many people here getting it after playing the beta? Personally I started off loving it but I think the one map eventually took the fun out of it and it went a bit stale. I think I'll wait a little bit and see what reviews it gets and what people on here have to say about it

I played the beta and loved, loved, loved it! Didn't even get bored of the one map. :P

Gamestop said Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FLOODY777

Reviews are hitting now...

Average 'Metacritic' score now: 77

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

1.1GB patch, joke!....most people only have a 4GB card because they are so FECKING expensive!!

Sony should **ensure** no game exceeds 4GB or wont fit onto a 4GB card for this reason!

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/killzone-mercenary-has-a-11gb-day-one-patch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The day one patch is going to be a pain, as it already take forever, for anything to download from PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

wes wrote: »
    The day one patch is going to be a pain, as it already take forever, for anything to download from PSN.

The patch took me 30mins to download on my worse then average 7mb connection.So not bad really.

• Advertisement

The stats never transferred from beta thought they were meant to

Advertisement