Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killzone: mercenary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

A 1.1gb patch!? Wtf? So how much in total this game needs now?

It deletes the first patch once it's complete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Lucky I just got a 32gb card! Though I have a physical copy of the game to be fair.

Looking forward to testing it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I played few games last night on New patch and it made game worse. I started getting huge lag spikes, which I never got in the first patch. Ah well, will try it tonight again.

I played few games last night on New patch and it made game worse. I started getting huge lag spikes, which I never got in the first patch. Ah well, will try it tonight again.

Ya I played a few myself and while I didn't have too much issues getting in a game, I had one game where the score was stuck on 0 and the game went on for a few seconds after it finished then looked like it froze.

Decided to wait and fortunately after a minute it went back to the MP screen.

Also found melee attacks a pain. Tried them and even though I did the swipe it didn't seem to recognize it and then when I countered it did yet I was still killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya I played a few myself and while I didn't have too much issues getting in a game, I had one game where the score was stuck on 0 and the game went on for a few seconds after it finished then looked like it froze.

Decided to wait and fortunately after a minute it went back to the MP screen.

Also found melee attacks a pain. Tried them and even though I did the swipe it didn't seem to recognize it and then when I countered it did yet I was still killed.
    Aye, I noticed that with melee too. I really hate that these gAmes now put in counter attacks and qte for melee. Bf4 and killzone really running away With it now.

• Advertisement

Aye, I noticed that with melee too. I really hate that these gAmes now put in counter attacks and qte for melee. Bf4 and killzone really running away With it now.

I actually like it but it just wasn't working correctly last night.

I'm not sure how it'd work on BF4.

Hmmm. Lag issues probably caused by the influx of new players. Hopefully it settles.

Does anyone know what the exact criteria for getting an ace card is? It's ridiculous, I'm top of my team in 9 out of 10 games and I win 9 out of ten games yet I can't get higher than queen. Maybe because I only have time to play 1-2 hours a night? Not earning enough coin?

No idea. Haven't been following the Valor cards properly at all.

We must definitely get in a game at some stage.

No idea. Haven't been following the Valor cards properly at all.

We must definitely get in a game at some stage.

I should be online during normal Irish hours this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The person attacking has the advantage as even countering isn't enough by itself as you need to be fast to do the QTE before them.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    The person attacking has the advantage as even countering isn't enough by itself as you need to be fast to do the QTE before them.

Ya but the times I attacked it didn't recognize my swipes at all.

Varik wrote: »

Though in a way the victim has an advantage because the swipe motion to defend is always up while for the attacker the swipe motion can change.

animaX wrote: »
    Though in a way the victim has an advantage because the swipe motion to defend is always up while for the attacker the swipe motion can change.

The attacker started it and has time to do it while the defender is likely not prepared to move a hand or reach across the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

PSN: jaffusmaximus if anyone one wants to add me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Saw this on reddit, taken from this source

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/26/new-killzone-mercenary-updates-coming-free-multiplayer-maps/

Hi Everyone. Amongst all the excitement for the launch of PS4 and, of course, Killzone Shadowfall, here at Guerrilla Cambridge we’ve still been busily working away on Killzone Mercenary. We’re now very pleased to announce that there will be a number of updates coming over the next few months.

First up is Update 3. In terms of functionality there will only be minimal changes, but this is the patch that reduces the size of the other patches! After installing this patch it will free up around 800MB of space for those who have already installed Updates 1 & 2. Update 3 should be ready in the next few weeks.

Update 4 is due in January and is being designed to improve Matching and to help reduce join-game connectivity problems, as well as adding an auto team-rebalancing feature.

Following that is the big one: Update 5. Two new multiplayer maps for FREE, and the release of offline Botzone for Mercenary and Guerrilla Warfare modes.

Also in the first few months of 2014 will be Update 6, in which we’re working towards continued refinements and adding support for playing Killzone Mercenary on Vita TV (only applicable to territories where Vita TV is available).

We hope you enjoy the additions to Mercenary. Happy gaming.

Excellent! That should breathe some new life into it in the new year.

That is some pretty great support it has to be said!

I'm definitely going to be playing it more over Christmas.

So I've been playing this game a lot, since the beta, and I've only now got the top rank of Commander in Chief!

Took forever to get the last rank up, might give it a rest now until the new maps

animaX wrote: »
    So I've been playing this game a lot, since the beta, and I've only now got the top rank of Commander in Chief!

Took forever to get the last rank up, might give it a rest now until the new maps

New patch came out for it the other day too.. I never seem to have much time to play it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Only really getting into playing this (and Killzone 3 multiplayer as it turns out) in the last few days, and really liking it. Best handheld FPS I've come across.

• Advertisement

Playing some Killzone MP now if anyone is around.. probably only be on for 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I asked on the Vita thread but maybe its better here? Is anyone playing this online at the minute? If so is it any good? Any issues etc? Can you get a game, etc.

cheers

I had 1 or 2 games online and was able to find a match pretty quickly which had at least 5 other players.

It's good fun.

Quote from the other thread.

You can add me and if you or a few are on I may join in as I haven't played in a party since the beta I'd say!

Quote from the other thread.

You can add me and if you or a few are on I may join in as I haven't played in a party since the beta I'd say!

Would be cool if we could get a few of us on one night. Hard to have people on all at the same time I find though.

Does it play well online? Is it easy to get a game?

I'm used to playing online on the 360. Latest shooter I've played is Halo 4 which wasnt as good as 3 but still good. No lag, no hassle getting a game, etc..

I'm worried it'll be different on the handheld.

It'll take you a while to get used to the controls. I find upping the sensitivity a bit help. But you'll just need to get used to it like if you were to start BF or COD etc.

Ya I didn't find any issue finding a game the other day but I only played 2-3 games.

Online does work well... haven't noticed any major lag and it's been patched a nice bit to fix spawning etc. Seemed fine in the recent game.

If you've a bit of spare cash you could buy the bot dlc pack where you can play offline which is pretty cool. I think it's about 2-3 euro.

Never bought this in the end, might on the next PSN sale at least for the SP.

It's actually a lot of fun. Perfect for vita too..

I've restarted playing it and doing the different contracts which is surprisingly a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anytime iv ever went online iv had no issue finding a game. The controls do take some getting used to also, well they did for me anyway.

I ended up downloading the BotZone offline multiplayer but unfortunately I've an EU account but a US copy of the game so the patch didn't work.

I don't suppose anyone is in the opposite situation and is willing to swap cartridges?? We might lose our save data but I'm pretty sure the online rank etc wouldn't change.

• Advertisement

Forgot I got this for my bday recently must give it a shot this weekend. Currently getting through muramasa

Advertisement