Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admin attitudes to posters on the "Talk to: Three" forums

Options
  • 21-08-2013 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I wanted to give my feedback on some Admins attitudes to posters over on the "Talk to: Three" forum.

The most recent example where an Admin steps in is this thread where a poster (with 29 posts) is asking for contact details for Three's legal team. He is told in post 8 by the official Three rep that "We can also provide you with any contact details you need". This was on the 16th August ... no contact details have been provided by any of the Three reps (as of today 21st August) despite posters asking for these contact details at least 5 times over the course of the thread. Then Tom Dunne comes in with his opinion in post 29 ...
    Originally posted by Tom Dunne
    For the love of God will you please have the cop on not to post personal information on the internet?

And I strongly suggest a change in tone and attitude.

I accept the advise about the personal info, but why the heavy handed comment about tone and attitude? What "tone and attitude"?? The poster has simply asked for contact information, and this has not been provided despite the Three reps saying they would provide it. If Tom Dunne has to step in, why is it not to ask the Three reps to provide the contact details they said they'd provide 5 days ago??

Another example is in this thread. I am a Three customer and I was interested in an answer to the OPs question. This question was, yet again, not answered by the Three reps so I asked for clarification in post 8. Dav then comes in post 11 with the following ...
    Originally posted by Dav
    Toadvine, is there any particular reason you've wandering through various threads that you didn't start asking for answers to questions that you didn't ask this lunchtime ?

It looks pretty unfortunate that you've little else for doing tbh.

So, when a long term Three customer asks a valid question in the "Talk to: Three" forums its "pretty unfortunate that you have little else to be doing tbh"?

Well, tbh, I think its pretty unfortunate that the Admins have this attitude to posters asking valid questions in the "Talk to" forums. The same forums where Three reps in particular seem to be able to fob off customers, not answer valid queries, and to say they'll provide information when they clearly have no intention of providing such information. Would it not be better for the Admins to challenge the official reps when they don't answer valid, straight questions from boards users and customers? This would make the forums more useful, and it might be a better approach than making smart arsed remarks to posters with valid questions or lecturing them about their "tone and attitude".
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

To be fair, I think the poster's attitude merited the warning. I can also understand why the three reps wouldn't have been going out of their way to help him quickly, he was acting like a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Let's get a little dose of reality here.

What drew my attention to that thread was the fact that the person in question posted not only his full name and postal address, but various other personally identifying information.

I was actually doing that person a favour by removing that information, and this is the thanks I get for it?

In removing that information, I could not help but notice that poster's remarks to the company representatives and the tone and manner in which these remarks were made.

I honestly don't care whether it was a company representative, another poster on the site, or the owner of the site. If somebody is posting on this site, a bit of civility is called for. Not some petulant feet-stomping of a keyboard warrior who hides behind a keyboard rather than speaking to a company representative in person.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement