Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options
  • 21-08-2013 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

I wanted to be first! ;)

Welcome to the Junior Cert Forum, you'll enjoy your stay, trust me! :D

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Covertheground

I wanted to be first! ;)

Welcome to the Junior Cert Forum, you'll enjoy your stay, trust me! :D

I have been waiting for this to come, finally :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I have been waiting for this to come, finally :D
    If you need any help throughout the year, me and many other past JC'ers are here to help :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

This is really weird to see :o Best of Luck to all future JCers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Might as well take this opportunity to introduce myself as one of the "newbie" JC's.

God knows what's ahead of me this year...

Might as well take this opportunity to introduce myself as one of the "newbie" JC's.

God knows what's ahead of me this year...
    Don't worry :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CiCi123

I have been looking out for this for awhile and its sinking in now that I have to go back to the dreaded early mornings next week!:'(

CiCi123 wrote: »
    I have been looking out for this for awhile and its sinking in now that I have to go back to the dreaded early mornings next week!:'(
    I feel ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

T
    If you need any help throughout the year, me and many other past JC'ers are here to help :).

The feck am I going to help new JCers ;) Ah no I'd say I'll still be stalking the JC forum for years to come >:)

Jijsaw wrote: »
    T

The feck am I going to help new JCers ;) Ah no I'd say I'll still be stalking the JC forum for years to come >:)
    They'll need you, Ms.All As! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Hey just want to introduce myself,I'm Eimear and I'm doing the jc this year too I've been lookin forward to posting in the jc forum for a while now sad as it sounds not looking forward to early mornings though :(..Sorry about that ramble but anyway looking forward to chatting with you all!!

• Advertisement

Eims14 wrote: »
    Hey just want to introduce myself,I'm Eimear and I'm doing the jc this year too I've been lookin forward to posting in the jc forum for a while now sad as it sounds not looking forward to early mornings though :(..Sorry about that ramble but anyway looking forward to chatting with you all!!
    Welcome to boards.ie Eimear! :):)

I'm Arnie, did my Junior Cert a few months ago and heading towards TY next week. Me and many others will be here to help you and other new JCers who are doing the Junior Cert 2014. If you have any questions, just ask :).

Welcome to boards.ie Eimear! :):)

I'm Arnie, did my Junior Cert a few months ago and heading towards TY next week. Me and many others will be here to help you and other new JCers who are doing the Junior Cert 2014. If you have any questions, just ask :).

Thank you so much,I am kinda nervous but at the same time I want to get back into a routine and see my friends again.I do have a question if anyone could help me ,I was in looking at the exam papers today and I know Folens don't do them anymore but I was wondering which of the other papers are the best?I wouldn't ask but everyone always says that a big aspect of study is exam papers so I want to make sure I get the best ones.Thanks for any help

Also best of luck in your results and thanks for the offer of help :)

I think I'll have fun this year. On top of the junior cert I'm doing grade 6 piano,with a tutor who insists on roughly an hour of practice a day:eek:, around Christmas, and being a self-confessed culchie:D, will have 10 ewes lambing over the 2 weeks of Easter Holidays.

I would imagine with a bit of management, I'll be able to balance all 3, but at other times I wonder if that is even possible, will something have to be shoved aside for a while...

I'm the same as you in doing grade 6 violin at Christmas too!! I know I will have fun but I'm just worried I'll get stressed out because my sister did the jc already and was fairly relaxed about it and I feel like the pressures is on me to be better than her and get the 10a's or whatever

10 ewes lambing sounds like it should be in a Christmas carol (god forbid I talk of Christmas and I'm not even back at school)

2 others in my year and myself had to do a grade 2 violin exam at the same time as our End of 2nd Year French test. We explained our predicament to our year head (very supportive and enthusiastic about music and the arts) and he actually went to our French teacher (temperamental to say the least) and managed to organise it so as we could do our French test before classes started that morning.

I'll admit that a heap of french verb tables aren't the most appealing things at 8:40am, but we managed it, and were able to leave school for the violin exams.

The violin exam was ridiculously easy. The past experiences of piano exams made the aural and theory parts a walk in the park. And with a violin that you didn't have to tune yourself (accompanist), it made life easier.

Grade 2 violin was ok, but I wouldn't like to be presented with a grade 6 piece.

The fourth finger caught me out far too often

Yea last year when I did grade 5 I wasn't very good at practicing and stuff and just scraped a pass and considering I only have one of 3 pieces picked and barely any scales I'm not looking forward to getting back into it but when I get good at a piece I do start to enjoy so hopefully this year will go better than the last l.Do you play any other instrument or just violin and piano ? :)

I play traditional Irish Piano Accordion and a bit on the tin whistle. I'd have to admit the 2 "piano-based" instruments are my favourite. Anything with strings just doesn't agree with me, well, not as much as something with a keyboard. Do you play any other instrument other than the violin?

Nope well other than the tin whistle and I can play piano but I don't go to lessons and stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Thank you so much,I am kinda nervous but at the same time I want to get back into a routine and see my friends again.I do have a question if anyone could help me ,I was in looking at the exam papers today and I know Folens don't do them anymore but I was wondering which of the other papers are the best?I wouldn't ask but everyone always says that a big aspect of study is exam papers so I want to make sure I get the best ones.Thanks for any help

Also best of luck in your results and thanks for the offer of help :)
    I'd go for the Educate.ie ones :) I found them to be just as good as the Folens and competitive with their prices :) But wait until you go back to get exam papers cause some teachers can be picky about the brands you buy :)

Word of advice: Keep off-topic chat in the Off-Topic thread ;)

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I'd go for the Educate.ie ones :) I found them to be just as good as the Folens and competitive with their prices :) But wait until you go back to get exam papers cause some teachers can be picky about the brands you buy :)
    1+

Sorry thanks :)

Just had a look at educate.ie. Didn't think you could get exam papers for €2.50, I've seen them in easons for anything up to €6 or €7

Yea last year when I did grade 5 I wasn't very good at practicing and stuff and just scraped a pass and considering I only have one of 3 pieces picked and barely any scales I'm not looking forward to getting back into it but when I get good at a piece I do start to enjoy so hopefully this year will go better than the last l.Do you play any other instrument or just violin and piano ? :)

Yay musical people :) this should be an interesting year between grade 8 theory and practial on piano and grade 5 violin ,study for schools going to be hard haha

Yay musical people :) this should be an interesting year between grade 8 theory and practial on piano and grade 5 violin ,study for schools going to be hard haha

Oh unlucky!!but if u enjoy it it's worth it i guess and study shouldn't be too hard it's all about balance I guess

Oh unlucky!!but if u enjoy it it's worth it i guess and study shouldn't be too hard it's all about balance I guess

Ya i love it so it will be grand in the end :D

Well if you enjoy something it makes it easier.When are you back to school??

• Advertisement

Well if you enjoy something it makes it easier.When are you back to school??

Of course! If you dont like something theres no point

Advertisement