Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Not trying to be b1tchy but:

Ó Chlár (no "i" because there's no "an" beforehand (tuisil ginideach) )
    Go raibh me again cur a tuaraisc (asking for her, not you)
    Cuirfidh me glaoch ort
    Seo chugainn
    :)

You're fine I knew I'd made a few mistakes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

My class are doing those test things to see what jobs we would be suited to, I'm kind of worried that because it has strict time allowances for each section that I will take too much time to think about an answer and will end up giving in a blank test...:) Luckily I think I know what I would like to do: Medicine or try to join the Irish Defense Forces :) I'm not being very realistic here I think....

Fifii wrote: »
    My class are doing those test things to see what jobs we would be suited to, I'm kind of worried that because it has strict time allowances for each section that I will take too much time to think about an answer and will end up giving in a blank test...:) Luckily I think I know what I would like to do: Medicine or try to join the Irish Defense Forces :) I'm not being very realistic here I think....

I think those tests are so silly! Like only you know what you want to do and if you try hard you can definitely achieve it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pianoperson

Xgracie wrote: »
    I think those tests are so silly! Like only you know what you want to do and if you try hard you can definitely achieve it :)

I second the motion!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Irishgirl1998

nanook5 wrote: »
    What's your high score ? :D

37 haha so proud . Your highscore??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

37 haha so proud . Yours

75 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

Awww thanks!:D Hopefully I can improve my health a bit so I can pass the health checks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

75 :)

Damn thats high mines like 58.Was just at study from 10-9 im dying especially cos ive to do.it for the rest of the week.I just want to go to sleep :(

Eims14 wrote: »
    Damn thats high mines like 58.Was just at study from 10-9 im dying especially cos ive to do.it for the rest of the week.I just want to go to sleep :(

Trying to beat my friend that got 103,We're having a little race that will go on for ever :D I'm taking most of the week off but I'm going to prepare my French and Irish Oral because they're in March :confused:

103!!yea mines like...ahem...400...just didnt want to embarass you :P
    .Had my irish oral on thursday wasnt too bad but sh1tting bricks for French cos our teacher cant teach so relying on my grinds...:(
    Mocks start on monday only started study today...pray for me :(

• Advertisement

Just.realised theres.like 20 full stops in the last post.Thats why im.not on twitter i.guess ;)
    I also put soo many smileys.in these post.cos i worry.my posts look void of emotion without them

.Had my irish oral on thursday wasnt too bad but sh1tting bricks for French cos our teacher cant teach so relying on my grinds...:(

Thank God my Mocks are finished :D

They're not too bad once you have been doing homework and Listening in class :pac: Although maths was horrific. I'm almost certain I failed but I did absolutely no study for maths when I really should of :P

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

Hope you get on well because mine start in 2 and a half weeks and I cant force myself to study yet

Thank God my Mocks are finished :D

They're not too bad once you have been doing homework and Listening in class :pac: Although maths was horrific. I'm almost certain I failed but I did absolutely no study for maths when I really should of :P

I did higher level Maths and my calculator most times said Error and I did not have my logs book . But I think I passed . I didn't study only that theorm Pythagoras . Home ec went really well I was the only person writing in the last 5 minutes :D

I did higher level Maths and my calculator most times said Error and I did not have my logs book . But I think I passed . I didn't study only that theorm Pythagoras . Home ec went really well I was the only person writing in the last 5 minutes :D

Most people cheated the theorem and wrote it in their log books .I thought that was stupid because half of them were going to fail and it would be obvious to the teacher if that's the only question that they got full marks in and their also just fooling themselves because they won't be able to do that for the JC. :rolleyes:

Most people cheated the theorem and wrote it in their log books .I thought that was stupid because half of them were going to fail and it would be obvious to the teacher if that's the only question that they got full marks in and their also just fooling themselves because they won't be able to do that for the JC. :rolleyes:

We were not allowed to have anything on ours . They went around checking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Never understood the mentality that does the above.
    If they had bothered to learn a couple of theorems now they would have them learned for the real thing.
    They won't be allowed their own log tables in the exam.

spurious wrote: »
    Never understood the mentality that does the above.
    If they had bothered to learn a couple of theorems now they would have them learned for the real thing.
    They won't be allowed their own log tables in the exam

Yea, I don't think they can comprehend that :pac:

hf98kk wrote: »
    Hope you get on well because mine start in 2 and a half weeks and I cant force myself to study yet

Thanks you too .Only reason im glad i went to study cos.otherwise i wouldnt study.On the cheating note i knew a girl who wrote Pythagoras theorem on the inside of her finger...some people

Thanks you too .Only reason im glad i went to study cos.otherwise i wouldnt study.On the cheating note i knew a girl who wrote Pythagoras theorem on the inside of her finger...some people

Hahahaha wouldn't mind but that is so easy remember!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 David Mcgregor

Hahahaha wouldn't mind but that is so easy remember!

ya exactly,if you've even been in the class you'd be used to teachers saying it since like first year for ius

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

I have been doing maths questions from sample papers and I find them really hard even though I am one of the better maths students in my class. Is anyone else finding this? Are the papers marked easily? The sample questions are just on a different level to the questions in the textbook. Maths is possibly looking most daunting for my mocks. How did you guys find the maths papers for the mocks? Easier than expected or tough?

I have been doing maths questions from sample papers and I find them really hard even though I am one of the better maths students in my class. Is anyone else finding this? Are the papers marked easily? The sample questions are just on a different level to the questions in the textbook. Maths is possibly looking most daunting for my mocks. How did you guys find the maths papers for the mocks? Easier than expected or tough?

I thought I was good at maths until I saw the papers lol, attempt EVERYTHING and write down word equations even if you don't know the figures to use (if ygm?) I've had maths p1 and I think I passed it but I really don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Ya I`ve found the same myself. All of the questions in the maths book are on a completely different level to the exam papers. I think all we can do for the JC is to keep doing the exam papers as everything that comes up is similar to past questions anyway. For the Mocks I found paper 1 difficult enough. I think it`s just because we haven`t finished the course completely though so all the function questions caught me out. Paper 2 I flew through and I think I`ve ended up with a B hopefully. The papers are marked high as there is at least 10 marks for each question. The only thing you can do is attempt everything even if you don`t have a clue because if you have a bit of it right you will get attempt marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Our class has done essentially nothing but algebra (Quadratics, Simultaneous, Linear Inequalities etc.) so I flew through paper 1, with the exception of anything associated with area or distance/speed/time etc.

I was rather unprepared for Paper 2, had to open up the log tables on question 1 for volume formulas which I had never seen or even used up to that:confused:

And I only did average in the theorems and trigonometry.

But I knew how to bisect a line, so all is not lost:D

When an area question or Pythagoras theorem came up I just drew a sketch . I did well . Irish was harder then maths so my maths is probably all wrong ....

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

The maths exam papers are far more difficult than questions in the book. I couldn't even find examples that were that difficult. Our teacher tried to finish the course in about a week and just left everyone confused. I'll be happy if i can get a C.

Ive maths paper 1 tomorrow.I can barely function on a monday morning anyway not to mind wrapping my head around a maths exam...pray for me :(

I have maths p2 and French tomorrow and I havnt been bothered studying at all :( I hope they're nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

I have maths p2 and French tomorrow and I havnt been bothered studying at all :( I hope they're nice
    I found maths awful but my french paper was lovely...when are you finished your mocks? :-)

Advertisement