Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

I found maths awful but my french paper was lovely...when are you finished your mocks? :-)

Woo I'm good at French so hopefully I'll be ok, I've a few hours to study tomorrow anyway! 2 tomorrow then 2 Tuesday and I'm done thank God!! You?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Xgracie wrote: »
    Woo I'm good at French so hopefully I'll be ok, I've a few hours to study tomorrow anyway! 2 tomorrow then 2 Tuesday and I'm done thank God!! You?
    Finished them before the midterm :-) they were mostly okay but I found Maths impossible! :'( what exams do you have on Tuesday? :-)

Finished them before the midterm :-) they were mostly okay but I found Maths impossible! :'( what exams do you have on Tuesday? :-)

Ah you're lucky! I really don't get why we have 2 days of them after mid term just unnecessary stress :( English p2 and business p2! Will probably be my worst day considering I'll have given up and they're my 2 worst papers, I don't even know what's on business p2 :(

Ah you're lucky! I really don't get why we have 2 days of them after mid term just unnecessary stress :( English p2 and business p2! Will probably be my worst day considering I'll have given up and they're my 2 worst papers, I don't even know what's on business p2 :(
    A ledger question and a final accounts question always come up so- if you have them done in class- that's 2 questions guaranteed :-) marketing will probably come up too :-)
    If you keep within the time guidelines for English p2 you will be fine. Best of luck and sure they are only the mocks anyway :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭vcshqkf9rpzgoe

Did all my mocks already

• Advertisement

A ledger question and a final accounts question always come up so- if you have them done in class- that's 2 questions guaranteed :-) marketing will probably come up too :-)
    If you keep within the time guidelines for English p2 you will be fine. Best of luck and sure they are only the mocks anyway :-)

I can do the final accounts thank god but not the ledger, I had a lovely p1 tho so hopefully I'll at least pass! Thank you :) yeah exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

A business documents question is always question two on business P2 :)
    Business paper one tomorrow, the only thing I dont like is the bookkeeping shorts :(

pizzamad wrote: »
    A business documents question is always question two on business P2 :)
    Business paper one tomorrow, the only thing I dont like is the bookkeeping shorts :(

Thank you! How did you find it? I thought p1 was lovely!

99% in CSPE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

99% in CSPE :D

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

I did English Paper 1 and 2 today. Paper 1 is fine :), paper 2 is only ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Maths p1 and French today.French was grand except for one bit in the tape part that just sounded like"je me flu flee fa flau".Like joey in friends.Maths p1 was...ok..ish only benefit is that they accidentally handed out P2 first so I know the construction that's coming up.Business tomorrow but I have the whole morning to study.Its only paper 1 which is my only hope to pass cos I can't account anything so yea..only 12
    more exams to go

Eims14 wrote: »
    Maths p1 and French today.French was grand except for one bit in the tape part that just sounded like"je me flu flee fa flau".Like joey in friends.Maths p1 was...ok..ish only benefit is that they accidentally handed out P2 first so I know the construction that's coming up.Business tomorrow but I have the whole morning to study.Its only paper 1 which is my only hope to pass cos I can't account anything so yea..only 12
    more exams to go

Hahahahaha, business is fine don't worry :) I don't envy ya so happy mine are almost done!

Just after doing a final accounts only to see the full marking scheme isn't up on examinations.ie ughhhh :(

Want me to have a look ? I got my Business back today and I got an A :)

nanook5 wrote: »

Ah your ok I got the headings right so I'm onto something! Thank you though :) you must be a genius I'm hoping for a C but tomorrow will tell anyway

Ah your ok I got the headings right so I'm onto something! Thank you though :) you must be a genius I'm hoping for a C but tomorrow will tell anyway

Haha thanks. Good luck

You have results back already?! =-O when did you do your mocks?

You have results back already?! =-O when did you do your mocks?

I think I started them on the 4th of February and I finished on the 14th

So far I've got 5 results back . Geography,Business,History,Maths paper 1 and Science.

2 A's (Geo(I have no clue how I got this):) Business)
    1B (Science :( )
    1C (History)
    1D (Maths, I'm really happy with this although it's a bad enough score. I thought I had failed )

I'm hoping for A's in Technology,CSPE,French

Maybe a B or C in English becuase I did EVERY question on paper 2 and didn't finish paper 1 or 2 (I know I'm an idiot :D)

C or D in Irish(It's Irish :) )

Finally, a D in religion (I gave up on this subject at the start of this year .My teacher just talks and we have no interaction at all.The subject is pointless in my view.Might do pass as stupid as that sounds :pac:)

Anyway, share ye're results when ye get them (If ye want to:) )

I think I started them on the 4th of February and I finished on the 14th

So far I've got 5 results back . Geography,Business,History,Maths paper 1 and Science.

2 A's (Geo(I have no clue how I got this):) Business)
    1B (Science :( )
    1C (History)
    1D (Maths, I'm really happy with this although it's a bad enough score. I thought I had failed )

I'm hoping for A's in Technology,CSPE,French

Maybe a B or C in English becuase I did EVERY question on paper 2 and didn't finish paper 1 or 2 (I know I'm an idiot :D)

C or D in Irish(It's Irish :) )

Finally, a D in religion (I gave up on this subject at the start of this year .My teacher just talks and we have no interaction at all.The subject is pointless in my view.Might do pass as stupid as that sounds :pac:)

Are your papers corrected by your school or a mocks company?
    Hoping for all As and Bs except for a C in maths (although it was such a disaster that I will probably be lucky to PASS) :'(

• Advertisement

Totally agree on that, such a waste of time and it's actually pretty difficult

I'm hoping for As in geo, history, home ec
    Bs or Cs in French and Irish
    Cs or Ds in religion, maths & science

Havnt had business or English p2 yet so can't say there

Are your papers corrected by your school or a mocks company?
    Hoping for all As and Bs except for a C in maths (although it was such a disaster that I will probably be lucky to PASS) :'(

They are corrected by the School.

I'm hoping to bring Science and History to an A for the JC and Irish to a B.

I used to hate History but I started trying this year and I've been getting 90%+ in all class tests ,but I'm behind so I still have to catch up to reach an A.

I'll get a B in English or an A if I'm lucky

So I'm basically looking for All A's and B's except Maths(C) and Religion(D or else I'll do pass)

I'm hoping for As in geo, history, home ec
    Bs or Cs in French and Irish
    Cs or Ds in religion, maths & science

Havnt had business or English p2 yet so can't say there

Paper 2 is fine .

Business documents and Balance sheets are easy if you know how to do them .
    Obviously I can't tell you what's on them but if you look at the start of your exam papers you'll see what questions came up each year,so you can take an educated guess as to which questions will come up. I did and it kind of worked..... :D

They are corrected by the School.

I'm hoping to bring Science and History to an A for the JC and Irish to a B.

I used to hate History but I started trying this year and I've been getting 90%+ in all class tests ,but I'm behind so I still have to catch up to reach an A.

I'll get a B in English or an A if I'm lucky

So I'm basically looking for All A's and B's except Maths(C) and Religion(D or else I'll do pass)
    We don't do the Religion exam in our school...we just watch DVDs or have frees in the class :-)

We don't do the Religion exam in our school...we just watch DVDs or have frees in the class :-)

I would love that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Irishgirl1998

I got 3 results back

Failed science and English. D in History
    :(

I got 3 results back

Failed science and English. D in History
    :(

Don't beat yourself up over it at least now you know where to improve and there's ages till the real thing!

Paper 2 is fine .

Business documents and Balance sheets are easy if you know how to do them .
    Obviously I can't tell you what's on them but if you look at the start of your exam papers you'll see what questions came up each year,so you can take an educated guess as to which questions will come up. I did and it kind of worked..... :D[/h

I've been doing that for everything I can hahaha I think I'll be ok! Can't wait to just get them done and over with

• Advertisement

Must of been sickening studying over mid term . I took the whole week off . I kind of felt I deserved it haha :) I'll be studying hard over the 2 weeks of the Easter "Holidays" :p

Advertisement