Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

hf98kk wrote: »
    I just looked through some geography papers and saw that you only have to answer 3 of 5 long questions. How did you find timing in the exam and should I try to answer 4 of the 5 long questions?

I did 3. I spent a while on the map though, so if you did them very quickly you could do a 4th but I would just do 3 very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

I just looked through some geography papers and saw that you only have to answer 3 of 5 long questions. How did you find timing in the exam and should I try to answer 4 of the 5 long questions?
    I got 4 done but my mapwork question was a bit rushed (but i am crap at mapwork questions anyway so...)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

I got 4 done but my mapwork question was a bit rushed (but i am crap at mapwork questions anyway so...)
    I hate the maps and photos everybody does them though haha

I hate the maps and photos everybody does them though haha
    I know! My teacher is always saying "You MUST do the mapwork question because we have practised it so much...blah blah blah". I just CAN'T draw the outline of the land and it just ends up as a load of squiggles...:'(

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Did anyone find music pretty hard?? My teacher is fantastic and I've never gotten below an A but the dictation had short pauses and the questions were a lot harder than past years in set songs and works :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Got muffins and scones for my home ec practical, typical :(

Xgracie wrote: »
    Got muffins and scones for my home ec practical, typical :(

Aw jesus make sure for a complex icing! home ec exam was grand

Aw jesus make sure for a complex icing! home ec exam was grand

I'm so pissed she must think I can't do a thing when in reality I can actually cook :( that's good!

I'm so pissed she must think I can't do a thing when in reality I can actually cook :( that's good!

It might be simple but you can do it perfect!

It might be simple but you can do it perfect!

I guess!

• Advertisement

I guess!

Prove her wrong, some teachers just dont like certian people

pizzamad wrote: »
    Did anyone find music pretty hard?? My teacher is fantastic and I've never gotten below an A but the dictation had short pauses and the questions were a lot harder than past years in set songs and works :(
    I found the dictation impossible! The Irish music question on my paper had not come up AT ALL in past papers :-/ do ye have a date for your music practical yet?

No but all i know its the two weeks before easter!! The dictation was hard there was like a five second pause between each playing :O And the irish music question was hard we were told to learn the chieftains but I learned a song by them instead...it was hard :(

No but all i know its the two weeks before easter!! The dictation was hard there was like a five second pause between each playing :O And the irish music question was hard we were told to learn the chieftains but I learned a song by them instead...it was hard :(
    We had that paper too...i don't know our practical date either :'( what are you doing for your practical?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pianoperson

Eims14 wrote: »
    Making spaghetti bolognease and salad and ive to set the table.We picked ages ago because apparently the tasks don't change much?Did ye get to make yers up or did u pick from a preselected set?We picked from a set but the other class are allowed make theirs up.

As far as I know there's 7 tasks to pick from and you can't make them up...but we didn't get to choose ours, we had go pick out of a hat ! :( only one of the tasks changed...I got the fruit and veg one so I havta make crumble AND curry so timing will be an issue :/

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Well maths p2 was a disaster. I'll be happy if i pass between the 2 papers. English p2 was a bit tricky but i got it done. Just irish and business p2s tomorow and then i'm off on friday :D

The only exams I have left are CSPE and Religion. :D

I have my CSPE mock exam tomorrow, what should I study? Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

VG31 wrote: »

Know the course concepts, they came up on mine. Other than that some general knowledge of politics and stuff should help. CSPE isnt really something to worry about, good luck!

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    Know the course concepts, they came up on mine. Other than that some general knowledge of politics and stuff should help. CSPE isnt really something to worry about, good luck!

Thanks! :) I know politics pretty well so I won't be worrying about that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

60% goes for the project - that's what makes the difference in people's marks in CSPE.

Honestly? Nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Faces of ministers and their positions

For my music practical im playing piano and singing choir (even though i cant sing) :) ....irish paper 2 was alright and french was grand (not big ha french jokes)

For my music practical im playing piano and singing choir (even though i cant sing) :) ....irish paper 2 was alright and french was grand (not big ha french jokes)

Idk why but was under pressure for time in paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

how did people get on with their science mock? I hadn't studied any in ages so I thought it would be hard but I studied a bit and did a past paper and did quite well. Should get an A or B in the mocks. Also do I need to study anything for english paper 1?

how did people get on with their science mock? I hadn't studied any in ages so I thought it would be hard but I studied a bit and did a past paper and did quite well. Should get an A or B in the mocks. Also do I need to study anything for english paper 1?

Science was harder than I expected. For English paper 1, I learned off a short story and one of the titles given in the mocks suited it perfectly. :) You should pratice functional writing; letters, speeches etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

My class hasn't really done much creative writing. I quite like the look of the speech for or against the motion title. Should I do this one or would it be easier to get marks with a story?

I'm playing four pieces on piano...I have my mock practical next week :-/

• Advertisement

Science I thought was so difficult (even with study) but I got a B!
    You don't need to study for English p1, don't learn off an essay/story, the examiner will be able to tell it's better do something you think of in the moment :)

Advertisement