Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Xgracie wrote: »
    I was one of those people during my mocks hahaha I need to work on my timing so much
    Did you teacher give you the timing for the exam before the mocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Did you teacher give you the timing for the exam before the mocks?

No but I had a fair idea just spent too much time on drama!

No but I had a fair idea just spent too much time on drama!
    Haha I always do that! Did you do the shakespearean or modern drama?

Haha I always do that! Did you do the shakespearean or modern drama?

Glad I'm not the only one! Modern, you?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Irishgirl1998

French oral tomorrow :/

• Advertisement

Glad I'm not the only one! Modern, you?
    Modern as well :-D I literally can't read Shakespearean drama fast enough! :-\

French oral tomorrow :/
    What do ye have to do for a french oral? Im curious because we don't do junior cert orals in my school :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Irish oral next tuesday and french next Friday :)

Irish next Wednesday, French the following Monday!

Modern as well :-D I literally can't read Shakespearean drama fast enough! :-\

It's too confusing for an exam Imo!

• Advertisement

It's too confusing for an exam Imo!
    Definitely! And the questions aren't that much easier than the modern drama questions

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Last to do the irish oral on wednesday....ahhhh teacher will be fed up...but they do save the best for last???

pizzamad wrote: »
    Last to do the irish oral on wednesday....ahhhh teacher will be fed up...but they do save the best for last???

Gotta leave a lasting impression ;)

What do ye have to do for a french oral? Im curious because we don't do junior cert orals in my school :-D

8 questions and 2 role plays . It was easy

8 questions and 2 role plays . It was easy
    I wish we did orals in french and irish...at least we would have an idea of what an oral is like before we go into leaving cert! :-\

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I wish we did orals in french and irish...at least we would have an idea of what an oral is like before we go into leaving cert! :-\

The option to do an oral in French has been there for ages, like the option to do a project in History or Geography at JC. I did JC (or Inter. Cert. as it was then|) in 1978 and I did a French oral. I still remember the picture I had to talk about had a helicopter in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

I haven't started studying yet, how worried should I be?

I haven't started studying yet, how worried should I be?

Depends on how good you are overall, just do a little every night and you'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pianoperson

Greetings, comrades. I am afraid that I am in a bit of a pickle and am seeking your assistance. My CSPE teacher is an idiot. He has literally shown up for 5 classes in the 3 years I've had him. He's given us absolutely no guidance on what on earth we're supposed to write for this CSPE project. He didn't even give us a practice one to do, he just handed us the official one last week and told us to start! I really really REALLY don't want to do badly in CSPE and I know everyone in my class sees it as a guaranteed A, when in fact you actually have to put work into your project to get it. I printed off a sample one and looked at exemplars but I really just don't know. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or guidelines on how to do well in the project? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Greetings, comrades. I am afraid that I am in a bit of a pickle and am seeking your assistance. My CSPE teacher is an idiot. He has literally shown up for 5 classes in the 3 years I've had him. He's given us absolutely no guidance on what on earth we're supposed to write for this CSPE project. He didn't even give us a practice one to do, he just handed us the official one last week and told us to start! I really really REALLY don't want to do badly in CSPE and I know everyone in my class sees it as a guaranteed A, when in fact you actually have to put work into your project to get it. I printed off a sample one and looked at exemplars but I really just don't know. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or guidelines on how to do well in the project? Many thanks.

Did ye actually do an action project?

• Advertisement

Did ye actually do an action project?

Yeah, we went to our local courthouse and garda station! Like I have all the info about what we did etc but I just want to know any tips to present it in the project so as to receive maximum results :) Also a lot of people of different committees didn't actually do their designated job. Should I say they did or what?

Yeah, we went to our local courthouse and garda station! Like I have all the info about what we did etc but I just want to know any tips to present it in the project so as to receive maximum results :) Also a lot of people of different committees didn't actually do their designated job. Should I say they did or what?

The first few parts a grand to do don't overthink it!
    For the committee part write a paragraph on each and what they 'did' (just make it up if needs be)
    For the part where you write about your task just go into extreme detail on everything, you didn't have to have do e all of it
    Then the 2 skills bit say you say communication skills write about how you used them communicating with your teammates and your teacher etc. just go on
    For the facts bit make sure you mention 5 facts and do about 3 sentences on each
    Them the reflection is about what you learned you could say I discovered I was interested in becoming a Garda and again just go on
    That's very broad so if you have any specific questions just ask :)

The first few parts a grand to do don't overthink it!
    For the committee part write a paragraph on each and what they 'did' (just make it up if needs be)
    For the part where you write about your task just go into extreme detail on everything, you didn't have to have do e all of it
    Then the 2 skills bit say you say communication skills write about how you used them communicating with your teammates and your teacher etc. just go on
    For the facts bit make sure you mention 5 facts and do about 3 sentences on each
    Them the reflection is about what you learned you could say I discovered I was interested in becoming a Garda and again just go on
    That's very broad so if you have any specific questions just ask :)
    Thank you, that is so helpful!! The only bit I'm having issues with is the reflections, it's worth a lot of marks! I wrote in a practice one I did that I now realize how important the gardai and courts are and how without them there'd be chaos and then rambled for a while...is that okay, do you think? Thanks again :)

Thank you, that is so helpful!! The only bit I'm having issues with is the reflections, it's worth a lot of marks! I wrote in a practice one I did that I now realize how important the gardai and courts are and how without them there'd be chaos and then rambled for a while...is that okay, do you think? Thanks again :)

No problem at all! Yeah that's a good thing to say! Maybe add in a point about like you realising you'd want to work in that field (doesn't have to be true) or if say you had to do any sort of public speaking or anything really write about how your confidence has grown that sort of thing and you should be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

That's right about going into extreme detail, my English teacher (she's probably the best in the school in my opinion) who also teaches CSPE said that no matter how ridiculous it may seem, put down every little detail. I thought I was tearing the arse out of it altogether putting down stuff like "I went and found Joe the caretaker. I asked Joe for a sweeping brush. He offered me two brushes. One was rather worse for wear, so I took the other one. I went down to the classroom and started to sweep the floor. There was one spot near the back that was particularly dirty..." Blaaah blaaah blaaah.
    Also there's two sections that are kind of similar I think that could be mixed up with eachother, one is a general view or something and it's important that you don't give a personal response or opinion in it. I'm not sure exactly of the layout now coz I haven't got the sample with me.
    I know it's not guaranteed marks like a lot of people think, but if you're any way solid at English and put a bit of thought into it, it should be handy enough marks.

Got the hardest sraith (for me) and a tough roghlacadh but I think it went ok!

We were told that our Orals are this week and my Irish teacher didn't know on Tuesday . I might have mine today

So i know the teachers can't tell you your result but there were 6 As in my class in the oral and I got a B in my mock and my teacher said I did a lot better and should be proud!! So thinking i might have got an A! Delighted anyway!! :D

We were told that our Orals are this week and my Irish teacher didn't know on Tuesday . I might have mine today

Did you have it?

• Advertisement

Did you have it?
    No the examiner took the day off . I have the weekend . The teacher went through the class to help them pronounce words and I was the the only student that didn't get called up . So I'm feeling lost and don't know if I'm pronouncing words right . It's frustrating . And I might have my oral on Monday . Ugh !!

Advertisement