Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

No the examiner took the day off . I have the weekend . The teacher went through the class to help them pronounce words and I was the the only student that didn't get called up . So I'm feeling lost and don't know if I'm pronouncing words right . It's frustrating . And I might have my oral on Monday . Ugh !!

You've an examiner? A teacher just for ours! What words are you having trouble with? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Irishgirl1998

Xgracie wrote: »
    You've an examiner? A teacher just for ours! What words are you having trouble with? :)
    Yes an examiner. She'd call us up and go through what we are pronouncing wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Has everyone doing Music got their practical dates? Ours is April 9th :O

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheEdgeofGlory

Has everyone doing Music got their practical dates? Ours is April 9th :O

Mine is either on the 3rd or 4th of April because the music class is huge, and the examiner can't possibly fit in everyone's slot in one day!.What are you playing for it? :)

Mine is either on the 3rd or 4th of April because the music class is huge, and the examiner can't possibly fit in everyone's slot in one day!.What are you playing for it? :)
    Haha our class is tiny- there's only about twelve of us so I'd say we should be finished by lunchtime! :-D I'm playing four pieces on piano...what about you? :-)

• Advertisement

Haha our class is tiny- there's only about twelve of us so I'd say we should be finished by lunchtime! :-D I'm playing four pieces on piano...what about you? :-)

Count yourself lucky!. There's around 30 in my class!. I'm playing four pieces on guitar!

Count yourself lucky!. There's around 30 in my class!. I'm playing four pieces on guitar!
    Woah...and we thought the 20 girls in the first-year music class were a lot...are you singing and playing or just playing?

Woah...and we thought the 20 girls in the first-year music class were a lot...are you singing and playing or just playing?

Indeed! Apparently the class was supposed to be split into two at the beginning of second year, but alas, it never was! Just playing! Two classical pieces and two jazz/rock pieces!.How about you?.

Indeed! Apparently the class was supposed to be split into two at the beginning of second year, but alas, it never was! Just playing! Two classical pieces and two jazz/rock pieces!.How about you?.
    One impressionist piece (Clair de Lune), two classical (a Bach prelude and a Chopin nocturne) and L'apres-midi by Yann Tiersen :-) i just want the practical over with...I am sick practising for it!

One impressionist piece (Clair de Lune), two classical (a Bach prelude and a Chopin nocturne) and L'apres-midi by Yann Tiersen :-) i just want the practical over with...I am sick practising for it!

Very nice! Yes, I know what you mean!. My classical pieces are very detailed, so I'm trying to fine tune everything so they sounds perfect.:3

• Advertisement

Very nice! Yes, I know what you mean!. My classical pieces are very detailed, so I'm trying to fine tune everything so everything sounds perfect.:3
    I won't get much of a break from piano though because I have to start practising for my piano exam in November- I still have the second half of one piece and all the scales and theory to learn!

I won't get much of a break from piano though because I have to start practising for my piano exam in November- I still have the second half of one piece and all the scales and theory to learn!

Oh you poor thing! What grade are you on?.

Oh you poor thing! What grade are you on?.
    Senior cert...I didn't think ANYTHING could be harder than grade 8- then I saw all the scales I have to do for this exam...:'( do you do exams in guitar?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Mine is April 1st - April Fools Day hahahahaha and im doing 2 piano and 2 choir :)

Senior cert...I didn't think ANYTHING could be harder than grade 8- then I saw all the scales I have to do for this exam...:'( do you do exams in guitar?

Good luck with it!.I'm sure you'll do great! Yeah, I do classical grades! I'm on grade 5 currently!.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Good luck with it!.I'm sure you'll do great! Yeah, I do classical grades! I'm on grade 5 currently!.

Hey me too!What do u play?(you probably answered this already,and I just didnt see it )

Eims14 wrote: »
    Hey me too!What do u play?(you probably answered this already,and I just didnt see it )

Are you referring to instrument? :3

Are you referring to instrument? :3

Yup

Yup

Classical guitar! :) You?.

Violin-How do you find it?Like balancing it with study and stuff?

• Advertisement

Violin-How do you find it?Like balancing it with study and stuff?

I find it can give me a great break from school work and study! I always try and get at least an hours practice in a day!.Recently I've been wrecked with everything though ,but I'm still managing to get practice in somehow!. How do you find it?.

I find it can give me a great break from school work and study! I always try and get at least an hours practice in a day!.Recently I've been wrecked with everything though ,but I'm still managing to get practice in somehow!. How do you find it?.

Tough!It can be kinda stressful trying to balance everything but it'll be worth it in the end I suppose/hope.So does anyone else have any pastimes or hobbies?(that's a stupid question but I'm gonna ask it anyway cos I'm stupid)

Tough!It can be kinda stressful trying to balance everything but it'll be worth it in the end I suppose/hope.So does anyone else have any pastimes or hobbies?(that's a stupid question but I'm gonna ask it anyway cos I'm stupid)

I have to bring in my guitar tomorrow to do a mock practical for my teacher! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

Does anyone know for the Scéal on irish paper 1 out of 50 Marks what A and G stand for on the marking scheme? I got A 6 and G 30

and how many marks are going for the story being relevant to the title? Im a little disapointed as I thought my story was as good as I am capable of doing and I only got 36/50, yet I got a high B overall. Any ideas how I can improve my mark here?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Irishgirl1998

hf98kk wrote: »
    and how many marks are going for the story being relevant to the title? Im a little disapointed as I thought my story was as good as I am capable of doing and I only got 36/50, yet I got a high B overall. Any ideas how I can improve my mark here?
    My teacher says that you should have 25- 30 phrases in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

hf98kk wrote: »
    I think G is your Irish? The most marks go for that anyway then some for being relevant (7 I think?) and the rest are the layout maybe but I'm not too sure

Anyway the best way to improve it is to make sure all your Irish is correct and use nice expressions etc :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

S, A and G.
    Stíl, Ábhar agus Gaeilge.
    Style, content and language.

ok thanks and how would I get the 2 marks for style? because I got 0...

• Advertisement

sorry to keep asking questions but... 1.is the word inti or intí? 2. Chun mo chuid Gaeilge a (a)fheabsú or (b)fheabhsú ? 3.Buachaill cara an (a) cailín (b) chailín sin a bhí ann. ?

Advertisement