Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

I got on great thanks! :) The examiner said she enjoyed my choice of songs and variety, and that it seemed easy to me. I was surprised that she was so friendly and actually gave me comments and stuff; I assumed they weren't allowed pass any remarks.
    How was yours?
    Mine was grand I think (well I hope anyway!). She stopped me in the middle of my last piece because "my programme was quite long"...did you do sight reading or clapbacks? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Mine was grand I think (well I hope anyway!). She stopped me in the middle of my last piece because "my programme was quite long"...did you do sight reading or clapbacks? :-)

I'd have hated if she stopped me in the middle of it!! I was surely the longest in the year though coz 95% of them did recorder and the rest had proper exam ready pieces on piano. I sang my songs like so what I was playing would have been constantly the same, she would have had plenty reason to stop me. :O
    I did sight reading on the guitar, only decided a few days before it that I would do it. I assumed I would have to play a melody or something (which I can't do as I am musically illiterate) but it was just chords so twas grand. :P
    What did you do? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

I'd have hated if she stopped me in the middle of it!! I was surely the longest in the year though coz 95% of them did recorder and the rest had proper exam ready pieces on piano. I sang my songs like so what I was playing would have been constantly the same, she would have had plenty reason to stop me. :O
    I did sight reading on the guitar, only decided a few days before it that I would do it. I assumed I would have to play a melody or something (which I can't do as I am musically illiterate) but it was just chords so twas grand. :P
    What did you do? :)
    I was the longest in my class as well...I did sightreading because I am so bad at clapbacks :') it's really weird to think that 25% of music is done now...

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

How are people doing with the art project? It'll be a miracle if i finish it. Also, the drawing exam paper arrived this week and its not great :(

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    How are people doing with the art project? It'll be a miracle if i finish it. Also, the drawing exam paper arrived this week and its not great :(

Ya, Im done the project not 3d piece though. 3d doesnt need to be in the envelope so its not a problem.I want to do "contents of my luchbox" but can i do an apple and banana if its in manmade...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

How's everyone's Easter study going? I'm trying to learn the constructions but it may aswell be Chinese :(

Xgracie wrote: »
    How's everyone's Easter study going? I'm trying to learn the constructions but it may aswell be Chinese :(

same just did a full maths sample paper 2! soo much hw how am I supposed to study

same just did a full maths sample paper 2! soo much hw how am I supposed to study

Ah I've hardly any hw! Just doing study really

Ah I've hardly any hw! Just doing study really

lucky! I got a fu exam paper in like every subject!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I'm doing study in school

6 Hours a day for two weeks :rolleyes: (Fun)

Getting a good bit done though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

nanook5 wrote: »
    I'm doing study in school

6 Hours a day for two weeks :rolleyes: (Fun)

Getting a good bit done though

Mother of god :0.What time does it start?

Eims14 wrote: »

9AM to 4PM

Have to get up at like 7:30 :mad:

Eims14 wrote: »

I can't study at school, I find it way to distracting

I'm the opposite !

At home I find things(I normally wouldn't do) to do that get me out of doing study or else I'd eat food and end up watching a 2 hour documentary or something random :D

I'm the opposite !

At home I find things(I normally wouldn't do) to do that get me out of doing study or else I'd eat food and end up watching a 2 hour documentary or something random :D

really? I talk to everyone at school when I'm meant to be studying. I'm doing home ec hw at the moment!

It's supervised study.

If we talk the superviser tells us to shut up :P

No one talks really . There's only like 10 of us .

Mother of god is right! My school is doing it this week but there is no way id go back in there hahaha

Mother of god is right! My school is doing it this week but there is no way id go back in there hahaha

same I need some break!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Because our teachers know the vast majority of us won't do any decent study, they fairly threw out the homework. A full maths mock paper from 2005, the 2004 HL english paper and a full business paper of our choice (our business teacher is sound like that:rolleyes:) The rest is our own choice. Managed the maths paper 1 mock and a science SEC sample paper yesterday and did the English paper 1 today and a bit of T Graph which was borderline disasterous:D

Because our teachers know the vast majority of us won't do any decent study, they fairly threw out the homework. A full maths mock paper from 2005, the 2004 HL english paper and a full business paper of our choice (our business teacher is sound like that:rolleyes:) The rest is our own choice. Managed the maths paper 1 mock and a science SEC sample paper yesterday and did the English paper 1 today and a bit of T Graph which was borderline disasterous:D

Would a 2005 maths paper not be outdated? Sounds like you're doing a lot of work anyway!

• Advertisement

I have a maths p1 and p2 to do but she gave us a revision plan so I'm basically doing an hour of maths everyday :(
    Yesterday I did the present tense in French, hitlers 5 steps to war, some algebra exam Qs and 3 science chapters
    Then today I learned 6 constructions, taught myself all the tenses for Irish (!) and 3 business chapters
    Pretty proud of myself considering I thought I wouldn't even bother getting out of bed

It's very different, almost complete absence of "Project Maths" but it's supposed to give us a fresh view of maths for the holidays by doing something different

Maths teacher logic

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Its as bad with our teachers! They seem to love piling it on because "we are in junior cert now" but what I`m wondering is where do we fit in the study?

It's very different, almost complete absence of "Project Maths" but it's supposed to give us a fresh view of maths for the holidays by doing something different

Maths teacher logic

Oh my god hahaha gotta love teachers :rolleyes:

Our history teacher said we should be doing 6-8 hours of study a day which is completely out of my reach. 3 or 4 might be a bit more achievable

After 12 noon I am completely useless as regards having any discipline to study so I think I'll be aiming for an earlier start tomorrow:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

6-8 to eight hours is completely unrealistic. About 4 hours is more realistic for most people.

VG31 wrote: »
    6-8 to eight hours is completely unrealistic. About 4 hours is more realistic for most people.

thank you! If you listen in class this is plenty.

Our history teacher said we should be doing 6-8 hours of study a day which is completely out of my reach. 3 or 4 might be a bit more achievable

After 12 noon I am completely useless as regards having any discipline to study so I think I'll be aiming for an earlier start tomorrow:pac:
    think I'm going to try the same!

Started at 10 yesterday and 11 today :cool: think I've had a personality transplant over the weekend normally I sleep till 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

9AM to 4PM

Have to get up at like 7:30 :mad:

My heart goes out to you on!
    7.30!!!thats torture

Advertisement