Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Ye all there with your study and im just sitting here with my tv(also double post that.doesnt look bad at all.I swear i have a.social life....somewhere.)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Eims14 wrote: »
    Ye all there with your study and im just sitting here with my tv(also double post that.doesnt look bad at all.I swear i have a.social life....somewhere.)

I'm up 7AM every normal school day,so not too bad :pac:

Worst thing about study is we're in a classroom with no heating and it freezing.The sun is blazing outside and we can't go out. It's warmer outside than inside :)

nanook5 wrote: »
    I'm up 7AM every normal school day,so not too bad :pac:

Worst thing about study is we're in a classroom with no heating and it freezing.The sun is blazing outside and we can't go out. It's warmer outside than inside :)
    I know our school never has the heating on(well thats what it feels like)so for our Summer exams if your near a window your roasting but if your in the middle your freezing

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

Xgracie wrote: »
    Started at 10 yesterday and 11 today :cool: think I've had a personality transplant over the weekend normally I sleep till 2

starting now 12.30, doing irish then im going to to an irish paper one and two (hw anyway) without books

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Anyone here doing the merchant of venice? Is it best write about portia when asked about a character?
    Edit: or Shylock I guess?

• Advertisement

starting now 12.30, doing irish then im going to to an irish paper one and two (hw anyway) without books

Oo that's good!! I started WW2 now onto drama for English

Sorry for the double post and for probably sounding quote stupid! But for the drama how many quotes should I know? So far I've 4 for a dramatic scene and I'm gonna do 4 for a character and about the same for a relationship? Is that too little? I have an awful English teacher who refuses to teach us quotes so I don't really know what I'm doing :(

Id say Shylock cos he's in it about more and you can say he's your favorite/least favorite he develops as a character.etc..bit biased though cos I don't like portia(that sounds a bit sad that i developed an opinion on an imaginary character but whatever)

Eims14 wrote: »
    Id say Shylock cos he's in it about more and you can say he's your favorite/least favorite he develops as a character.etc..bit biased though cos I don't like portia(that sounds a bit sad that i developed an opinion on an imaginary character but whatever)

I prefer portia hahaha! I'm afraid a villian/heroine q could come up and I don't see Shylock as villian personally might do a bit on each

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Portia is an absolute blatant thundering racist and she gets away with it!!!

Oh sorry, is this not the Portia haters thread? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Agreed! Every time she was in the play I could feel my blood pressure rising! Nerissa was a MUCH cooler person! :-D (wow I need a life...:-\)

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

Agreed! Every time she was in the play I could feel my blood pressure rising! Nerissa was a MUCH cooler person! :-D (wow I need a life...:-\)

Nerissa put up with a lot of bullshįt from Portia in fairness. I don't know what Bassanio saw in the ould wagon... Apart from money of course! :P

Nerissa put up with a lot of bullshįt from Portia in fairness. I don't know what Bassanio saw in the ould wagon... Apart from money of course! :P
    And he could get away from Antonio! He was such a creep and all...when we were reading it I was kind of hoping Shylock would actually get his pound of flesh and get rid of Antonio...

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Every other English class in the country seems to have done the Merchant of Venice and our teacher went and did Romeo and Juliet for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

Every other English class in the country seems to have done the Merchant of Venice and our teacher went and did Romeo and Juliet for some reason...

I did Romeo and Juliet!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Romeo and Juliet ... my life <3 hahahahahaha THUS WITH A KISS I DIE (V.III.120) aka the only quote i know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

There are advantages of doing a play or novel that isn't commonly done. Correctors will be marking the most commonly studied plays/novels the most, so it will easy for them to compare the standard of your answer to others they have corrected. So if you have studied one that isn't as commonly done, you may not get marked as hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Wisely and slow, they stumble that run fast:D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Wisely and slow, they stumble that run fast:D
    Nothing beats a bitta friar laurence :D

Oh sorry, is this not the Portia haters thread? :D

Wasn't almost everyone a racist? (anti Semitic anyway)

• Advertisement

How's everyone's Easter going? Did a lot of study last week but I've just given up now. Can't wait for this year to be over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

How's everyone's Easter going? Did a lot of study last week but I've just given up now. Can't wait for this year to be over!

Kinda been stop and start for me in terms of studying. Getting really sick of it but still hanging in there. Can't wait till the summer!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Same as myself! I was full bang head into it but this week.... things are slowing down. I`m trying to do a little bit each day now but I feel I should be doing more!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Been going good for the last week and a half but today we had a (lot)less stricter teacher and everyone was talking so it was kind of a day off :rolleyes:

It's so boring and I'm extremely demotivated right now :o

I was just wondering how long everyone's studied drama/novel answers are. I was doing exam questions today and- for the studied drama especially- I was finding it hatd to fill more than a refill pad page per 15 marks. Would 2 refill pad pages be enough for a studied drama/novel question worth 30 marks? My writing is small enough but I don't know if that would make any difference...

nanook5 wrote: »
    Been going good for the last week and a half but today we had a (lot)less stricter teacher and everyone was talking so it was kind of a day off :rolleyes:

It's so boring and I'm extremely demotivated right now :o

Oh my god yeah you're in school! Poor you

Same as myself! I was full bang head into it but this week.... things are slowing down. I`m trying to do a little bit each day now but I feel I should be doing more!

You're doing more than me anyway hahaha I think I burnt myself out!

Kinda been stop and start for me in terms of studying. Getting really sick of it but still hanging in there. Can't wait till the summer!!!!!

Can definitely relate with the stopping and starting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Can definitely relate with the stopping and starting!

Put plenty of work in before the mocks, and this term that just past was definitely the most busiest term i have ever had with loads of homework and especially trying to get all the projects, course-works and all that stuff done. Aswell as that my friends and sport coaches have put lots of pressure on me for not showing up and stuff. Burnt myself out and hoping to really get myself up next week after just lightly studying this week

• Advertisement

Put plenty of work in before the mocks, and this term that just past was definitely the most busiest term i have ever had with loads of homework and especially trying to get all the projects, course-works and all that stuff done. Aswell as that my friends and sport coaches have put lots of pressure on me for not showing up and stuff. Burnt myself out and hoping to really get myself up next week after just lightly studying this week

Ah yeah I hear ya! Don't put too much pressure on yourself there's still a lot of time and I'm sure you'll do well :)

Advertisement