Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Eims14 wrote: »
    When you look like that acting prowess is the least of your worries;)
    Agreed. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

When you look like that acting prowess is the least of your worries;)

Hahaha you can say that again ;) can't wait to see it but I'll probably be disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Well, a bad dose of food poisoning from undercooked chicken and having to dodge the first day of term have set the foundations for what is sure to be a extra-ordinary 5 or so weeks of school.:D

Gotta love JC

Another book on my list for the summer and TY. I want to finish off The Hobbit, and then read TFIOS, then depending on how I find the Hobbit I might move to Lord of The Rings

Speaking of being sick mam was letting me off school today (felt pretty crap yesterday) but I went in anyway because yano I'm a great student ;)
    No I want to be let out to the cinema tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

Well, a bad dose of food poisoning from undercooked chicken and having to dodge the first day of term have set the foundations for what is sure to be a extra-ordinary 5 or so weeks of school.:D

Gotta love JC

Another book on my list for the summer and TY. I want to finish off The Hobbit, and then read TFIOS, then depending on how I find the Hobbit I might move to Lord of The Rings

awh! get well soon! can't wait to get back to reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

Gotta love JC

TFIOS is brilliant! (In my opinion). I think you'll enjoy it :) I wanted to read sooooo many books this year to improve my comprehensions and stuff, but this study is killing me man :'( Not looking forward to this final term. :( feel better by the way!

Ahhhh saw divergent today and it was amazing!! Obviously the left out a lot but I think the way it was done made up for that, what a movie I need to see it again!
    (Is this too off topic even for the off topic lol?)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Just wondering how many people in historys your all learning?and same question about irish-how many dáns and prós are ye learning off?

Just wondering how many duine sa stairs your all learning?and same question about irish-how mamh dáns and prós are ye learning off?
    I'm doing Calua and Caimiléirí for the prós (but will probably cram an t-Ádh the night before Irish as well :L) and Subh Milis and An t-Ózón for the dáns (again, I will probably cram An Bean Siúil the night before as well).
    For history I haven't a clue- probably Leonardo, Columbus, Luther and Washington. Maybe a D-Day soldier as well. The others are easy enough if you know the chapter so I will probably just improvise for them! :P
    What about you?

I'm doing Calua and Caimiléirí for the prós (but will probably cram an t-Ádh the night before Irish as well :L) and Subh Milis and An t-Ózón for the dáns (again, I will probably cram An Bean Siúil the night before as well).
    For history I haven't a clue- probably Leonardo, Columbus, Luther and Washington. Maybe a D-Day soldier as well. The others are easy enough if you know the chapter so I will probably just improvise for them! :P
    What about you?
    Dont really know about people.in historys but for irish ill probably do an tádh and calua for prós and an gleann inar thogadh.mé,An fear lasta lampa and reoiteod mharfach for dáns.So tired makes studying(and constructing legible sentences) extremely difficult :(

• Advertisement

Dont really know about people.in historys but for irish ill probably do an tádh and calua for prós and an gleann inar thogadh.mé,An fear lasta lampa and reoiteod mharfach for dáns.So tired makes studying(and constructing legible sentences) extremely difficult :(

Omg someone else who does an Gleann Inár Togadh me!!!! It's the only poem I'm doing, praying for gra or dulra but anything will suit it really
    Story wise all I've got is an TÁdh (and Caula but they're basically the same thing) worked for my mock but feeling a wee bit screwed now

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

It's only here on Boards that I've ever heard of people "learning off" stuff specifically for the people in history question. We don't even know the layout of the paper but we manage anyway. :P I'd imagine if you were trying to learn answers off you'd have to do a lot so as to cover enough areas. They seem very specific like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 econ11

Predictions for the geography paper? Having trouble getting the course competed!

It's only here on Boards that I've ever heard of people "learning off" stuff specifically for the people in history question. We don't even know the layout of the paper but we manage anyway. :P I'd imagine if you were trying to learn answers off you'd have to do a lot so as to cover enough areas. They seem very specific like.

It's pretty easy to predict what gonna come up so not a lot to learn. Most exams consist of learning off stuff anyway lol

Xgracie wrote: »
    Omg someone else who does an Gleann Inár Togadh me!!!! It's the only poem I'm doing, praying for gra or dulra but anything will suit it really
    Story wise all I've got is an TÁdh (and Caula but they're basically the same thing) worked for my mock but feeling a wee bit screwed now
    Do ye use Fonn 3 too?Hope to god that none of the q's are related to happiness cos if it is im screwed.

Do ye use Fonn 3 too?Hope to god that none of the q's are related to happiness cos if it is im screwed.

Yeah :) same here!

Poems: I'm doing "Na Blátha Cráige" to cover me for Nature, Lonliness, Beauty, Wonder etc. and "Subh Milis" to cover me for the circle of life, anger, youth etc.

Prose: I'm doing Spás to cover youth, despair, sadness, any depressing themes really:pac: and "Cillian de Róiste" (no author/Níl aon scríbhneoir a bhaineann leis an scéal seo.) to cover love, family, youth, cunning, trickery, badness (almost everything else)

Only themes I'd be absolutely stuck with would be death and sports, but there's an option of 6 in the JC so surely something suitable would be asked

how can I improve my maths result? 65% in the mocks is it possible to get a b?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

how can I improve my maths result? 65% in the mocks is it possible to get a b?

I got a D in my mocks and a B on the actual exam. Do ALL the past papers, and get your teacher to correct em, keep doing the paper until you're happy with your result. Trust me, it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Irishgirl1998

Every other English class in the country seems to have done the Merchant of Venice and our teacher went and did Romeo and Juliet for some reason...

I'm doing the same as you

I've only started studying now for it. Uh oh. Big trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

My english teacher decided to do julius caesar, the most difficult book to find...ever. He's said not to bother going back through the play, just to know a few key scenes. I'm not sure if thats good advice...

Havnt done any study since Easter, just do not care anymore. Hopefully I get some motivation back in the last week or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Does anyone have decent notes/sample answers on The Merchant of Venice and To Kill A Mockingbird.. My English teacher is pathetic. . .

@Gracie,
    I'm pretty much the same. I've felt more motivated to study for summer exams than this.

I honestly think I would feel a bit more motivated now if I got C's and D's in my Mock and maybe an odd fail, I'm getting a bit too complacent:pac:

But things aren't too bad. Attending school is slowly becoming borderline pointless. The teachers aren't massively helpful when it comes to helping us revise.

It shows, not a leaving cert in sight today at school bar a handful. I know we're doing a far easier exam but could they not let us have even a week extra off before the JC?

I honestly think I would feel a bit more motivated now if I got C's and D's in my Mock and maybe an odd fail, I'm getting a bit too complacent:pac:

But things aren't too bad. Attending school is slowly becoming borderline pointless. The teachers aren't massively helpful when it comes to helping us revise.

It shows, not a leaving cert in sight today at school bar a handful. I know we're doing a far easier exam but could they not let us have even a week extra off before the JC?
    I totally agree; if we were finished the History course I would definitely consider staying at home and studying- at least I wouldn't have to endure pointless classes of "revision".
    We only get the last two days of term off...it's not much but I suppose it's better than nothing! :P Do ye get any days off before the end of the term at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

The week of summer exams in our school is option, though you're "advised" to come in - it consists of 3 classes/2 hours everyday.
    I'm pretty sure I'd do better in the JC if I was at home until then opposed to going in daily.
    Getting 2 hours of history homework on accounts that haven't ever been asked before..such a waste of time.

I know I wish we had some time off-I think I'll probably take a day every week off from now till the end and go to the library in town to study.Like today I got food poisining so I stayed home and got loads done even though I felt like death warned up.It is really annoying though most of our classes are done the courses it's just a few classes where we haven't that make me come in and waste a day doing nothing like 80% of the time :rolleyes: at least the Leaving Certs get a week off :(

anyone think gra will come up in studied poetry? or any other predictions

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

anyone think gra will come up in studied poetry? or any other predictions

I hope so, i'm praying for gra, oga or ainmhithe. Does anyone think theres a good chance that at least 1 of these will come up?

• Advertisement

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    I hope so, i'm praying for gra, oga or ainmhithe. Does anyone think theres a good chance that at least 1 of these will come up?

same I want gra or oige! Gra comes up ALOT but for like 6 years in a row or something, does that mean a change? I hope not.

Advertisement