Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Religion isn't even an exam subject in our school. We have to go to religion class twice a week but we never get homework, don't do any class test, and don't do end of year tests in it.

90% of the time in Religion is spent doing class debates on the most random topics:rolleyes:

I suppose you get an extra class of some other subject to fill in the gaps , yea? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

nanook5 wrote: »
    I suppose you get an extra class of some other subject to fill in the gaps , yea? :)

Yep. An extra business and history class.

Yep. An extra business and history class.

I would swap a religion class for a business class anyday :D , .........maybe not history class though.......I hate that subject with a passion :mad: :mad:

I would swap a religion class for a business class anyday :D , .........maybe not history class though.......I hate that subject with a passion :mad: :mad:

Opposite for me. Love history. Not a big fan if business. I find the bookeeping side of things very bland

Opposite for me. Love history. Not a big fan if business. I find the bookeeping side of things very bland

I just think of it as , when am I going to use history in the FUTURE ??

It's so time consuming too !!

I would rather use that time to study maths or science :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

I just think of it as , when am I going to use history in the FUTURE ??

It's so time consuming too !!

I would rather use that time to study maths or science :)

Well if you're gonna study science, history is obviously going to be in many aspects of it. Don't forget that history helps us learn to not repeat the same mistakes again.

Well if you're gonna study science, history is obviously going to be in many aspects of it. Don't forget that history helps us learn to not repeat the same mistakes again.

Don't get me wrong , your right in that aspect .

I do enjoy learning about science history,wars and ancient civilizations but it may just be my history book but some things are just pointless being in the book and are completely irrelevant

I would probably enjoy history a lot more if it wasn't mainly Irish History :eek:

I agree with people who say history is time consuming to study, espescially learning off those people in history accounts.

I'm not saying history is my favourite subject, that spot is reserved for science, :D but i do think it is more relavant and useful than the likes of irish, which I am sure I will never use after I finish school

I agree with people who say history is time consuming to study, espescially learning off those people in history accounts.

I'm not saying history is my favourite subject, that spot is reserved for science, :D but i do think it is more relavant and useful than the likes of irish, which I am sure I will never use after I finish school

Agree with you 100% :D

In my opinion Irish should be an optional subject for LC, I'm planning on getting a tutor in 6th year for Irish, I still don't know my tenses:(

• Advertisement

Mr Rhode Island Red: "Opposite for me. Love history."

so which is it?:confused:

Mr Rhode Island Red: "Opposite for me. Love history."

so which is it?:confused:

Love history, love science more?:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Love history, love science more?:-)
    Science > All subjects

Who's in the science masterrace with me? :D

Science > All subjects

Who's in the science masterrace with me? :D

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee :p

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

hi its my last day of summer i like pizza im doing the JC this year lol i did alot of work in first and second year so i hope it wont be tooooo bad :)

Sorry for the second post haha ;)

I do music!! We have done all the course apart from our chosen works haha :D I'm literally vivaldi's BIGGEST fan ahhahahahah;) I also do: ((all HL apart from CSPE???;))
    English, Irish, Maths, French, Science, History, Geography, Music, Business and CSPE :)

Seems like most people on this thread do business (Yes!!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Business wasn't too bad for the Junior Cert. My teacher was a cousin of Roy Cropper's from Corrie.

Seems like most people on this thread do business (Yes!!) :D
    Checked your flickr!

Really amazing pictures! I would give you anything for that black kitten! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What exactly would you give?

• Advertisement

What exactly would you give?
    A lot. :rolleyes:

Checked your flickr!

Really amazing pictures! I would give you anything for that black kitten! :eek:

Thanks !! Haha I know shes like a little bear.

I do enjoy my photograpahy , unfortunately I will have little time for it this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CiaranWexC

Hello all.

Doing my JC this year, new to Boards.ie, just introducing myself. Hopefully i can get some help here and will be open to giving help as well.

CiaranWexC wrote: »
    Hello all.

Doing my JC this year, new to Boards.ie, just introducing myself. Hopefully i can get some help here and will be open to giving help as well.
    Welcome to boards.ie!

If you have any questions or need any help with any subject or generally with anything , just ask. :)

Are most people on here back on Wednesday?

Just saw a post on facebook , Some people are back tomorrow :/

Im back tommorow, I dont mind tho :)

pizzamad wrote: »
    Im back tommorow, I dont mind tho :)

Go to Sleep !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CiaranWexC

Are most people on here back on Wednesday?

Just saw a post on facebook , Some people are back tomorrow :/

Yep, I'm back tomorrow too :mad::(

Maybe I'm the odd one out :eek: :D

• Advertisement

Ahhhh no, i was watching the VMA's ;)

Advertisement