Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

Cillixnn wrote: »
    Will somebody tell me the best way to study overall I have two weeks left and going to the libary I haven't done much study this year but I studied a lot for the mocks
    Hey I'm kind of in the same boat as you as studying goes, I studied a lot for mocks but not much before or since so here's what I'll do:
    1.Write a list in every subject of what you need to know on an A4 page.
    2.Mark off what you already know
    3.Look at the JC timetable and see what exams you have and when
    4.Judging from that and your lists see what subjects you need to start ASAP i.e English
    5. Take out exam papers and do them to a high quality under a timer.
    6.For subjects where you need specific definitions or formula like Science, when you come across them in exam papers, write them on sticky notes or flashcards and place them in an area that you will be able to use them very frequently e.g car, kitchen table
    7.If you come across something that you can't answer or don't know, mark the question and after you finish the paper, open your book and find the chapters of the questions you couldn't do and read them inside out. YOU SHOULD READ IT SO WELL THAT YOU WON'T NEED TO COME BACK TO IT EVER AGAIN. After all you only have 12 days...
    8.Finally, mark it off on the A4 sheet!

For Long answer Q.s in English Drama, poetry and fiction, instead of doing out a whole essay every time you could do a mind map that has 6 points along with their quote and a brief explanation when studying to save time after you have the timing aspect of the actual essay answer down.

Good Luck in the studying;)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

How are ye studying for English?Finding it hard to sit and learn a books worth of quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 micilin99

Business long question predictions? Already know:
    p1: household budget, club acc, national budget/foreign trade / introduction to economics
    p2: daybooks, business document, trading profit loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

micilin99 wrote: »
    Business long question predictions? Already know:
    p1: household budget, club acc, national budget/foreign trade / introduction to economics
    p2: daybooks, business document, trading profit loss

If you look at the trend table in the exam papers for p1, you can see that Consumer comes up every second year and should come up this year. Also for p1 People at work/info technology/wages is usually q6

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

Eims14 wrote: »
    How are ye studying for English?Finding it hard to sit and learn a books worth of quotes.

The fact that the exam is in 9 days is motivating me to actually study it, I suppose. But I usually use a timer (set for 25-30 minutes) and work my hardest on a particular question. After that, I compare my answers with the marking schemes online. And for quotes, I write them up on sticky notes and put them on my bedroom wall and the fridge haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

I narrowed down the quotes for my studied drama and novel to about 15( for each) that I would use all the time in exam questions and I wrote them out on flashcards to learn them :-) I'm also just doing questions from the exam papers to time to practise :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

do you need a lot of quotes for your studied novel? I didnt think you needed them but I lost marks in that question on the mocks so maybe you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭vcshqkf9rpzgoe

If anyone would like to swap sample answers with me for various subjects please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

How's everyone getting on? I feel like I've nothing to do (which is a lie) but Ill focus on English quotes, Irish answers and history accounts for the time being I think
    On a happier note, anyone got any exciting summer plans? :)

Xgracie wrote: »
    How's everyone getting on? I feel like I've nothing to do (which is a lie) but Ill focus on English quotes, Irish answers and history accounts for the time being I think
    On a happier note, anyone got any exciting summer plans? :)

Im about 2 days away from a mental breakdown the stress in my house is crazy and its really demotivating me :(.
    For the summer we go to the beach for the holidays cos we have a mobile home there but the saturday after i.finish(i finish on the13th its on the 14th) ive to do a theory exam... Yay...*cries in corner*

• Advertisement

Im about 2 days away from a mental breakdown the stress in my house is crazy and its really demotivating me :(.
    For the summer we go to the beach for the holidays cos we have a mobile home there but the saturday after i.finish(i finish on the13th its on the 14th) ive to do a theory exam... Yay...*cries in corner*

Aw no, my house can be frustrating too like I'm not stressed but people breathing down my neck really stresses me out!
    I'm done on the 13th too, off to Portugal on the 15th :D
    Oh no, what's it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I've kind of given up on some subjects . I'm only studying for the subjects which I feel I'm going to get an A/B in which is about 6 subjects.Most of them I got an A/High B in the mocks so I've a large amount of knowledge of them :)

I'm pretty relaxed about it all.I don't see it as a big deal .

A few months after the JC no one will care about it (As seen from past years)

So many summer plans the list is hugeeeeeeeee :p

I bought a rubix cube to solve over the summer (It will be my first) :D
    I have LOADS of books to read(Anyone read cherub?? :P )
    I want to go to the gym and build a bit of muscle :)
    I want to expand my eBay business and get more products in my shop.
    I want to get back into astronomy.
    I have so much TV to watch (GOT,Breaking bad for the 3rd time,the Wire......... it goes on)
    Xbox will take up a lot of my time too :p
    Transition further into being a vegan .

......Other smaller things that will come along :D

Yeah like all in all I'm relaxed about it just need to do a few things, I'm going away this weekend so the jc definitely isn't my priority hahaha
    Sounds like an exciting summer!

Studied in school from 9-4pm today. Honestly fell asleep during some of it. The good weather is killing me. June 13th come faster:(

Hope the revision is going well for ye by the way. Nearly summer, we're nearly there!!!

All of ye saying you're off on June 13th and my last exam isn't until June 18th :'( why oh why is music so far after June 12th?! I'm so sick of studying at the moment...just want it to be 19th June!

It will be pretty exciting and it will carry on through the whole of next year woop ! :D

Everyone is finishing so early . I'm not done til' the 18th but I guess I have 6 days off from 12-18th

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Not finished until the 18th :'( planning on going out that night but not sure yet. During the summer planning to finally go back horse riding after two years... Long story... other than that the summers going to be full of time at the beach

Aw no, my house can be frustrating too like I'm not stressed but people breathing down my neck really stresses me out!
    I'm done on the 13th too, off to Portugal on the 15th :D
    Oh no, what's it on?

Its a music theory thing :/ ah no im not stressed out too much but all my friends are.vvv.studious and there freakouts are.rubbing off on me and my school is very like studious in general plus my sister is doing her LC and she is horizontal about it so my parents are just a bit tense about the whole thing but I know they wont mind so long as i do my best.
    Hopefully going out on the 20th soo looking forward to it... And then off to the beach for my aforementioned 6 weeks.of freedom :)
    Are ye all doing TY couldnt imagine goin straight to 5th yr after this

^^that took.a very long time.to write.. My fingers are too big for my phone keyboard thing :rolleyes:

Its a music theory thing :/ ah no im not stressed out too much but all my friends are.vvv.studious and there freakouts are.rubbing off on me and my school is very like studious in general plus my sister is doing her LC and she is horizontal about it so my parents are just a bit tense about the whole thing but I know they wont mind so long as i do my best.
    Hopefully going out on the 20th soo looking forward to it... And then off to the beach for my aforementioned 6 weeks.of freedom :)
    Are ye all doing TY couldnt imagine goin straight to 5th yr after this

TY FTW !!!!! :P

I would die going straight into 5th year .......

• Advertisement

Most of ye are doing TY but im actually looking forward to 5th year. :O Everyone in my school really matures in 5th year, so.

Just don't think TY suits me anyways

yvngceebs wrote: »
    Most of ye are doing TY but im actually looking forward to 5th year. :O Everyone in my school really matures in 5th year, so.

Just don't think TY suits me anyways
    I was going to skip as well but the TYs this year are a HUGE year and I only know about five of them...what subjects are you doing for leaving cert? :-)

I was going to skip as well but the TYs this year are a HUGE year and I only know about five of them...what subjects are you doing for leaving cert? :-)

History, Biology, French and German :) You?

I'm doing TY, so excited!

There going to talk to us about TY tomorrow. Let us finish the JC first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

I'm doing TY. I would hate to go straight into 5th year after the JC!
    I'll probably do French, History, Business (or economics) and Physics.

yvngceebs wrote: »
    History, Biology, French and German :) You?
    I'm thinking of doing French, Economics, Biology and History/Music :)

we have a modular system in ty... so far I think I'll do french, biology and chemistry. havr another subject to pick and I'm going to do music after school

Tomorrow is my last day can't believe this year is over!

• Advertisement

Tomorrow is my last day can't believe this year is over!

Finished today. Our year head had a party organised for us. Pizzas, cakes, chocolates, crisps and fizzy drinks. Nothing was actually finished and theres 74 of us... Planning to sleep for ages tomorrow as I'm absolutely wrecked

Advertisement