Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cillixnn

Hi, im doing
    English (OL)
    Maths (OL)
    Science (HL)
    Geography (HL)
    French (OL)
    Technical Graphics (OL)
    Religion (HL)
    History(HL)
    Irish (OL)
    Art (HL) (Done)

Will somebody tell me how/what to study hoping to get an a/b in the things i do ordinary besides irish, any tips would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheEdgeofGlory

Eims14 wrote: »
    Yea ahem... I knew that ....i was just *coughs*testing you

>.>
    <.<
    *runs out door*

:3

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Any one else pretty chill ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

I'm too chill for comfort

I'm too chill for comfort

:D

I'm so laid back I'm nearly horizontal :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

nanook5 wrote: »
    Any one else pretty chill ? :P

I'm pretty chill for a girl who knows 3 novel quotes, nothing for the Irish pros and not all the themes for the filiocht

Also I got a Mass card hopefully it'll do something :pac:

And I have given up on maths, hoping for the B too but it's totally normal to be nervous most of my class are sh*ting it!

Xgracie wrote: »
    I'm pretty chill for a girl who knows 3 novel quotes, nothing for the Irish pros and not all the themes for the filiocht

Also I got a Mass card hopefully it'll do something :pac:

And I have given up on maths, hoping for the B too but it's totally normal to be nervous most of my class are sh*ting it!

You think that's bad :D

I don't know an Irish essay,prós or filíocht or litir :eek:

I know 14 Merchant of Venice quotes and Dulce et Decorum est(Which I just remember from the mocks,I haven't actually studied it)

I'm just hoping to pass maths.I studied 2 chapters for the mocks and that is all I've done in the past 3 months .

Serious cramming will be done .

A.... B in English,D in Maths and C in Irish would make me happy

Other than those 3 I'm set for about 4-6 A's and 3B's ..with 1 or 2 C's :D

EDIT: What's a Mass card ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Funny how throughout this school year, this thread is predominantly quite with a few conversations here and there and now that theres literally 2 days till the JC this thread is picking up speed :D

Funny how throughout this school year, this thread is predominantly quite with a few conversations here and there and now that theres literally 2 days till the JC this thread is picking up speed :D

It's then going to die by the end of this month :( and then the TY O/T thread will be made :pac:

nanook5 wrote: »
    You think that's bad :D

I don't know an Irish essay,prós or filíocht or litir :eek:

I know 14 Merchant of Venice quotes and Dulce et Decorum est(Which I just remember from the mocks,I haven't actually studied it)

I'm just hoping to pass maths.I studied 2 chapters for the mocks and that is all I've done in the past 3 months .

Serious cramming will be done .

A.... B in English,D in Maths and C in Irish would make me happy

Other than those 3 I'm set for about 4-6 A's and 3B's ..with 1 or 2 C's :D

EDIT: What's a Mass card ?

I know he wishes for the cloths of heaven but no actual notes on it just what I made up starting to panic as to why I left it all so late :(
    I want a B in maths and English and maybe an A in Irish gahhhhh
    It's like a card that says the gift of mass will be given for you blah blah blah pretty funny!

• Advertisement

Xgracie wrote: »
    I know he wishes for the cloths of heaven but no actual notes on it just what I made up starting to panic as to why I left it all so late :(
    I want a B in maths and English and maybe an A in Irish gahhhhh
    It's like a card that says the gift of mass will be given for you blah blah blah pretty funny!

Lord have mercy lol

Pass maths and Irish for LC all the way :D

Too bad I'll have to do 8 subjects :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Taking a break for a few minutes... It hasn't hit me yet that it's on Wednesday so I'll probably freak out tomorrow. I'm afraid that I'll forget everything I know in the English exam (that would be bad, very bad) just hoping everything will be okay though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

ElmW13 wrote: »
    Taking a break for a few minutes... It hasn't hit me yet that it's on Wednesday so I'll probably freak out tomorrow. I'm afraid that I'll forget everything I know in the English exam (that would be bad, very bad) just hoping everything will be okay though ;)
    Same- I'm so afraid that the studied questions in paper two will be some weird obscure questions and I will have no clue what to write about...

Same- I'm so afraid that the studied questions in paper two will be some weird obscure questions and I will have no clue what to write about...

This is the thought that keeps me awake at night!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who hasn't properly studied since Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

Don't be scared, guys. You've all worked so hard for the past three years. You're all much more than a set of exams. You can and will do this! You've studied hard and it'll reflect in your results come September.

Random burst of inspiration, but seriously :) You're all going to do so well! Trust in yourself!!

yvngceebs wrote: »
    Don't be scared, guys. You've all worked so hard for the past three years. You're all much more than a set of exams. You can and will do this! You've studied hard and it'll reflect in your results come September.

Random burst of inspiration, but seriously :) You're all going to do so well! Trust in yourself!!
    That was deep man...we are nearly at 1000 posts as well! This post is the 977th I think? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Is anyone going to study hard tomorrow? I think i'll just read over some poems and notes. If i cram tomorrow i'll be a nervous, anxious wreck. I'd rather go in a tad less prepared if i'll be calmer. I know i won't do well if i'm too stressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Don't be worrying about it. It won't count for much. The real pressure is ahead of you in the coming years. Enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Worryingly chilled for someone who has done sfa since christmas... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Tomorrow I will be cramming like nothing else! Most of it is just revision tho

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

How can I prepare for the irish letter, besides learning off an opening and closing paragraph? do certain things come up very often?

Im doing all of my english study tomorrow! Although Im confident I will get it all done.

which topics are on maths paper one, and which are on paper 2, or are they able to put anything on either paper? Like is there any chance that a construction or a theorem will be on paper 1?

hf98kk wrote: »
    which topics are on maths paper one, and which are on paper 2, or are they able to put anything on either paper? Like is there any chance that a construction or a theorem will be on paper 1?
    Our maths teacher seems to think that anything goes in Project Maths because we are the first year to do this exam. In all the sample papers though, the theorems and constructions come up in Paper 2 so I doubt it will be any different in the real thing! (At least I HOPE it won't be...)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

If you have edco exam papers look at thr study guide in the front pages.paper 1 contains strand 3 and 4.paper 2 has strand 1&2 .and no a construction or theroem cant appear on paper 1

yeah thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

With the new project maths, the predictability of the paper is gone. Going through the papers though, proofs, theoroms and constructions seem to all be on the paper 2. However, there is no way of being certain.

P2 - statistics, probability, area and volume, proofs, constructions
    P1 - financial maths, algebra, patterns
    That's all I can remember rn

Also for the Irish letter a paragraph on mo chlann is handy to throw in!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

How can I prepare for the irish letter, besides learning off an opening and closing paragraph? do certain things come up very often?

Im doing all of my english study tomorrow! Although Im confident I will get it all done.
    U could look at holidays-like the weather place your staying,people your staying with and what your going to do tomorow/did today/yesterday.You could probably incorporate them into other things too-sure you could talk.about.the weather.no matter what so even if you knew a few.nathanna cainte from a sceal you could always use them ..idk this is just off the top of my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Aren't we all a panicked little bunch...:D

Tomorrow is English all the way. I need to revise Romeo and Juliet and its quotes, learn one or two poems (essentially from scratch), and learn some mice and men quotes (had none for the mocks and it definitely showed)

But I won't let my head implode. I can't...:p(who needs sanity when you've got JC)

Advertisement