Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

Yeah I will be very relieved after the first 2 days are finished. I think english is the most stressful exam because of the time pressure. And Irish because it is the one I find most difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Yeah once English and Irish are over I'll be happy! Maths is the only real hurdle for me then
    Tomorrow will be Irish and English revision all morning and afternoon not too much to do, did my poems just there then over to my friends to quiz each other (recipe for disaster :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Ive to cram so much english tomorrow :( I think the first few days are ok but next week is my Everest!The best we can do is hope for nice papers and cram like weve never crammed before.(this was written in an excepting phase once the realisation that our jc starts in about 36 hrs hits me like a bus im sure ill be back here freaking out but for now im at peace with.the.failure ohhmm...happy place..oohhmm)

^^^and if thats my calm phase then i fear for my realisation phase

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Still haven't realised it's only two more sleeps =-O

• Advertisement

ElmW13 wrote: »
    Still haven't realised it's only two more sleeps =-O

Same here, the thought of going back into school :(

Xgracie wrote: »
    Same here, the thought of going back into school :(

Ugh haven't.even though about.goin into school again :( Do ye have.to wear ur uniform?We do and ill be sweltering.id.say :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

I don't think you'll have to worry about the heat this week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Eims14 wrote: »
    Ugh haven't.even though about.goin into school again :( Do ye have.to wear ur uniform?We do and ill be sweltering.id.say :(

We're allowed to get rid of the tie after a day. I think I'll wear socks instead of tights but I really hope it's not too hot otherwise I'll pass out

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

VG31 wrote: »
    I don't think you'll have to worry about the heat this week. :)

thank god the weather is bad

• Advertisement

We have to wear our uniform but I'm not bothered about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

I have to wear my uniform too but I don't particularly mind.

My uniform does the opposite of what its supposed too..Im freezing in winter and roasting in summer-feckin floor length skirt is like a sauna :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I guess I'm the only one(So far) who doesn't have to wear a uniform :D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Decided I wouldn't do English until tomorrow and now I've remembered I have the dentist, an extra maths class & a 50th birthday.. Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

One more sleep...:'( I am actually bricking it for English Paper 2

On the bright side- we are past 1000 posts :D

for irish will an essay about a fire cover everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

It's a good bet. A fire can happen anywhere, so is adaptable to most situations. In a supermarket, at a concert, in school...

However my story about Peadar and Seamas falling into a frozen lake has its limitations:rolleyes:

It's a good bet. A fire can happen anywhere, so is adaptable to most situations. In a supermarket, at a concert, in school...

However my story about Peadar and Seamas falling into a frozen lake has its limitations:rolleyes:

lol if it doesn't work you can use the vocab

lol if it doesn't work you can use the vocab

what are you going to study today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

Anyone else hate how subjective English is? The only thing is that there are a lot of "opinion" questions. They can't mark you wrong for your own opinion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

I know its bad but that made me laugh, and i need to laugh if i want to stay sane today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

yvngceebs wrote: »
    Anyone else hate how subjective English is? The only thing is that there are a lot of "opinion" questions. They can't mark you wrong for your own opinion :D

Our English teacher said that we can never be wrong, if it is properly backed up with quotes (within reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Haha my essay is about Cliodhna and Siobhan getting lost somewhere (the woods preferably- I can use all my sayings then!) and Siobhan breaking her leg...:rolleyes:

Haha my essay is about Cliodhna and Siobhan getting lost somewhere (the woods preferably- I can use all my sayings then!) and Siobhan breaking her leg...:rolleyes:

mine is about a person in a house and then there is lightning of course the house gets burnt to the ground but everyone is 'slan sabhailte'

Mine is about mise getting hit by a car, I love it can fit it into anything!

Mine is about mise getting hit by a car, I love it can fit it into anything!

I'm auctually looking more forward tp irish than english

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pianoperson

I stopped coming on boards for a few months because of study etc but decide to come back the day before the exams! (.......smart.....) My relatives are all lighting candles for me but I keep telling them that to have any hope, I need a bonfire :') How is everybody for tomorrow? :)

I'm auctually looking more forward tp irish than english

Tbh if I can just memorise my Irish answers I'll be the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

Tbh if I can just memorise my Irish answers I'll be the same!
    Now Im getting worried about Irish because I haven't learned off anything and I just am having my fingers crossed that a good díospoireacht comes up:(

Advertisement