Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Beca19 wrote: »
    at least we can leave the whole music course till then ;) and get some beach days in!
    Yeah that's what my entire class are doing :D I don't live near a beach :( think I will just sleep instead ;)

Xgracie wrote: »
    I will seriously eat my right arm
    Think the other people in your exam centre might get a bit of a fright! :L oh well it might liven up the exam a bit...
    If the MC does come up one of the Irish classes in my year is screwed...I don't think their teacher even told them what the MC is let alone how to change verbs into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

for irish comprehention you can just right down the sentence from the text right?

for irish comprehention you can just right down the sentence from the text right?
    Our Irish teacher said to change the sentence into our own words (even if that is just changing the verb in the sentence or something). It says at the top of the comprehensions as well to have them in your own words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

For irish for the reading comprehension would you lose marks if you dont change your answers into your own words and copy it directly from the text

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

For irish for the reading comprehension would you lose marks if you dont change your answers into your own words and copy it directly from the text

Nope, once it's right. You're better off get it directly and have it correct then incorrect Irish in your own words

Think the other people in your exam centre might get a bit of a fright! :L oh well it might liven up the exam a bit...
    If the MC does come up one of the Irish classes in my year is screwed...I don't think their teacher even told them what the MC is let alone how to change verbs into it!

Yeah I'm all for providing a bit of entertainment!
    If it comes up most of the classes in Ireland are screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

We've never done the MC in class..
    I think I might join gracie in self-cannibalism.

Could anyone give me a quick revision on past, present and future irish endings? I'm actually disgraceful at it..

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

How are ye all revising Irish?Also how many poems/stories did ye do?.Nervous I don't have enough :(

Eims14 wrote: »
    How are ye all revising Irish?Also how many poems/stories did ye do?.Nervous I don't have enough :(

I've done 0 study so far.
    Gonna go over an tÁdh and an tÓzón and maybe the verbs if someone helps me out with that. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Iam only learning subh milis for filiocht.an tadh for pros.the eachra.and the start and end to a letter

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

I have one for each. My poem covers love, youth, animals and i suppose technology if that ever comes up. My story covers luck, death, sadness, animals, friendship.

Well that makes me feel better :) What's the layout for paper 1 again left my papers at school...typical...

Well that makes me feel better :) What's the layout for paper 1 again left my papers at school...typical...

Listening comprehension, 2 Comprehensions, filling in the blanks of 5 sentences, changing the 5 verbs, Essay?
    Use studyclix to view you past papers.

Liordi wrote: »
    Listening comprehension, 2 Comprehensions, filling in the blanks of 5 sentences, changing the 5 verbs, Essay?
    Use studyclix to view you past papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pianoperson

But guys, what did everyone think of English???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

But guys, what did everyone think of English???

There's a whole thread on it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057222739

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

Our Irish teacher said to change the sentence into our own words (even if that is just changing the verb in the sentence or something). It says at the top of the comprehensions as well to have them in your own words.

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pianoperson

Sorry! My brain has melted :')

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Yoshifan007ire

anyone else banking on nádur to come up for poetry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Fifii wrote: »
    The modh coinilach is the "I would..." Tense of verbs. Eg.endings of :fainn fá fadh faimis fadh faidís faí( cead reimniu) / óinn ofá óímid óidis ófaí( Dara) in the order I you he/she/ye we they somebody (sb) Sorry if that's confusing;)

Ahh yessss! I remember now! Thanks so much! :)

that or gra or maybe fearg! Just as long as one of those three come up im sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 auzzue

If it doesn't, I'll be fecked to pass the thing.

An tÓzón le Sean Mac Mathúna!

auzzue wrote: »
    If it doesn't, I'll be fecked to pass the thing.

An tÓzón le Sean Mac Mathúna!

isn't an tózon by Maire Aine-Nic Ghearailt?!?

isn't an tózon by Maire Aine-Nic Ghearailt?!?

It is. :)

Studied so much Irish cause I'm dying for an A, please let the paper be nice

Verb notes for anyone who needs them, thank me later ;)

thanks a mill. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Anyone have notes for trialacha teanga part b.I know part A is the verbs, but part be is the fillbthe gaps question that just confuses me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Xgracie wrote: »
    Verb notes for anyone who needs them, thank me later ;)

they already look way better than mine ;)

Advertisement