Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

ElmW13 wrote: »
    they already look way better than mine ;)

If only I knew them!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pizzamad

Do we do maths in pen or pencil

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

pizzamad wrote: »
    Do we do maths in pen or pencil

Any but I would do it in pencil if I were you

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you are using pencil, make sure it is not a very faint one, or one that smudges, as both get worse in transit to Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Is there.anything ive to learn for maths tomorrow-like theorems or formulas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Eims14 wrote: »
    Is there.anything ive to learn for maths tomorrow-like theorems or formulas?
    Not as far as I know...knowing my luck though I'll probably get the paper tomorrow and the first question will be a theorem...:rolleyes:

But according to my exam papers there are no theorems or formula in paper 1. :)

Not as far as I know...knowing my luck though I'll probably get the paper tomorrow and the first question will be a theorem...:rolleyes:

But according to my exam papers there are no theorems or formula in paper 1. :)
    Thank youu-what.comes.up in p1?I cant remember(i.have.a.feeling.i asked.this before but idk)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Eims14 wrote: »
    Thank youu-what.comes.up in p1?I cant remember(i.have.a.feeling.i asked.this before but idk)

From educate exam papers:
    Number Systems
    Applied Arithmetic
    Sets
    Algebra
    Functions

Does anyone know when examinations.ie publish the marking schemes? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Liordi wrote: »
    Does anyone know when examinations.ie publish the marking schemes? :D

After the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

I honestly have no idea how i've done in any of my exams so far. I was really hard on myself after the mocks but i ended up doing quite well. I don't want to put myself down OR be too confident so the next 3 months'll be torture :(

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    I honestly have no idea how i've done in any of my exams so far. I was really hard on myself after the mocks but i ended up doing quite well. I don't want to put myself down OR be too confident so the next 3 months'll be torture :(
    Yeah same- I'm afraid if I am too confident I will be disappointed in September. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

I feel really bad after maths, anyone else?

ECM1234 wrote: »
    I feel really bad after maths, anyone else?

I'm really disappointed..thanks to question 9. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

S_Hick12 wrote: »

Couldnt agree with you more! I did really well in the mocks but after each Junior Cert exam I feel like I did worse! And I know I didnt do bad but at the same time I dont want to get my hopes up! Its a very confusing few weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Couldnt agree with you more! I did really well in the mocks but after each Junior Cert exam I feel like I did worse! And I know I didnt do bad but at the same time I dont want to get my hopes up! Its a very confusing few weeks!!

We'll get over it quickly I'd say . :pac:

Im so tiirreeddd.And im kinda freaked out after.maths -I usually way prefer p1 and have a general idea.of.what i got when im finished but I felt really uncertain after that exam so now idk... :(

Does anyone just not care anymore? I'm interested to see how I did but today I just realised how stupid it is to worry about them, the results will be forgetting come October

Xgracie wrote: »
    Does anyone just not care anymore? I'm interested to see how I did but today I just realised how stupid it is to worry about them, the results will be forgetting come October

I've said that to myself all along for the whole year :D .But you know I'd still like to do well even though they mean FA in reality.

nanook5 wrote: »
    I've said that to myself all along for the whole year :D .But you know I'd still like to do well even though they mean FA in reality.

Yeah like this sounds soooo up my own arse I'm sorry but I know I'll do well you know so I'm just gonna go with the flow for the next week

• Advertisement

Yeah like this sounds soooo up my own arse I'm sorry but I know I'll do well you know so I'm just gonna go with the flow for the next week

I understand what you mean.The only problem I have is, what do people define as good ? I'd define it as like 8A's because that what would be good personally for me but for some people C's and B's are good . I'm confused :P :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

Honestly I think I have become really curious as to how I have done even though until after the Maths exam I really had given up on it!:D But you are so right, we shouldnt stress out over them, we cant change the one we have done and we can only do our best here on out;)

I understand what you mean.The only problem I have is, what do people define as good ? I'd define it as like 8A's because that what would be good personally for me but for some people C's and B's are good . I'm confused :P :confused:

For me it's As and Bs depends on the subject! I'd be getting high Bs tho
    I think it just depends on what your expectations of yourself are

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

when i say do well i personally mean i want all honours, mostly Bs! I mean i was really worried about the exams but for the ones we've done, I'm pretty confident that i could get a B no bother!!

So I can conclude it's all about personal belief in what is 'good' grades :D

In other news you guys have to watch this video :P

That fat grey kitten gets me. Head boppin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

What's considered an honour, A and B is it? Or A, B and C?

What's considered an honour, A and B is it? Or A, B and C?

C up to an A

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Ya but what is good like everybody keeps telling me results don't matter and everything but I still what to do good and that for me would be 8As and nothing lower than a B but then for other people good mightn't even get be getting a A. So what's actually good in the Junior Cert. as in what's the average number of As per person then I can figure out what good is but people who tell me results don't matter and just do your best are just pissing me off I want to do good but what's good?

Ya but what is good like everybody keeps telling me results don't matter and everything but I still what to do good and that for me would be 8As and nothing lower than a B but then for other people good mightn't even get be getting a A. So what's actually good in the Junior Cert. as in what's the average number of As per person then I can figure out what good is but people who tell me results don't matter and just do your best are just pissing me off I want to do good but what's good?

'Good' is the best you can do. Realistically.

• Advertisement

Sounds like you're having a philosophical crisis
    Good is doing the best you can do, for some people that's an A others it's a C
    Just try your best :)

Advertisement