Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Ya because getting a reading age of 16 in 2nd class and then getting in the top 1% of the 6th class sigma and Micra ts in second class doesn't either. I also got in the top 1% in the Drumcondras as well.

No one likes a show off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

I didn't come on here to boast I came on here to discuss the JC this is the JC forum like. But then it turns out when I contributed to the discissions on what how much study I do and asking about what exactly is good in the JC I get told I'm trolling and that I'm the reason as to why people doing ordinary and foundation don't post in the forum. I was then told I'm not intelligent and I wouldn't pass a test on emotions.

Look, i don't want an argument, but i've never heard anyone refer to a class as being 'slow.' It just seems quite disrespectful to me, and i wouldn't judge someone's ability just because they're in a class that isn't up to your apparent high standards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    Look, i don't want an argument, but i've never heard anyone refer to a class as being 'slow.' It just seems quite disrespectful to me, and i wouldn't judge someone's ability just because they're in a class that isn't up to your apparent high standards.

They chose to come to a school where classes are streamed based on ability they knew this before coming to the school. The world slow is used by staff and students as well as people in the classes I don't know why everyone has such a huge problem with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

They chose to come to a school where classes are streamed based on ability they knew this before coming to the school. The world slow is used by staff and students as well as people in the classes I don't know why everyone has such a huge problem with this.

Maybe thats why not all schools use the streaming system, cuz then people like you think their superior to others

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Maybe thats why not all schools use the streaming system, cuz then people like you think their superior to others

No they don't use them because they are scared to tell people there son isn't smart and they want to be politically correct. However this is complete bs and is leading to our education system being dumbed down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

What exactly is wrong with having classes of mixed abilities?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

No they don't use them because they are scared to tell people there son isn't smart and they want to be politically correct. However this is complete bs and is leading to our education system being dumbed down.

I'm so sorry that not everyone can live up to your highly superior intellect. There is a reason classes aren't streamlined, its so people like you don't gain an air of superiority. I'll take a guess and say you don't like mixing with the 'slow people?'

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Let's not feed the trolls :D We have a Junior Cert that needs seeing to :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Let's not feed the trolls :D We have a Junior Cert that needs seeing to :pac:
    I agree!Anyone else finding it difficult to do anything today-Im just too tired.. on a happier note this day next week ill be done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Eims14 wrote: »
    I agree!Anyone else finding it difficult to do anything today-Im just too tired.. on a happier note this day next week ill be done :D

Lucky you :( I'm not done till the 18th

• Advertisement

ECM1234 wrote: »
    Lucky you :( I'm not done till the 18th

Aww..Sickened.Do you do music?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

I haven't done anything :D

I've watched top gear for the last 3 hours. :D

I consider myself done on the 12th even though the I'm not done til' the 18th. 6 Full days off in a row :rolleyes:(Technology is easy for me so minimal study will be done) :D

Is anyone else here going to watch all the World cup matches? :D

Edit: I use smiley faces way too much :D

Aww..Sickened.Do you do music?

Yeah :( not a bad exam to finish the JC with though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

The typical " really, really sunny exam weather" failed to make an appearance this year hahaha hon 2014

Yeah :( not a bad exam to finish the JC with though :)

Yea wish I did it..At least ye have a good few days to study for it :).Is it hard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

I'm finished on the 16th (TG) and I have no exams on the 13th so I have three days to stufy for TG. :D

nanook5 wrote: »

I consider myself done on the 12th even though the I'm not done til' the 18th. 6 Full days off in a row :rolleyes:(Technology is easy for me so minimal study will be done) :D

Yeah, can't wait for it !! :D

yvngceebs wrote: »
    The typical " really, really sunny exam weather" failed to make an appearance this year hahaha hon 2014

Thank god I would literally get no study/cramming done if it was nice out (in fairness I'm not getting much done anyway but..I would get less done if it was sunny :P)

Yea wish I did it..At least ye have a good few days to study for it :).Is it hard?

Yeah , I guess :P it's not too hard, so long as you're familiar with different types of irish dances, instruments and know your set works and songs and general study, it's an easy subject to get a good mark in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I don't believe classes in schools should be decided based on ability..
    Anyhow; referring to CompKing - just because people aren't academically achieving doesn't mean they are "slow" or "unintelligent" getting top 1% in a Zigma-T doesn't make you intelligent.
    If you were intelligent you'd have known when to shut up.
    I noticed you yesterday saying in the Geog thread "ha ye all think ye're smart" and ended up posting something incorrect following that statement.
    Unlike you; people don't thrive off competing with their friends in exams.
    If person x got 90% and you got 91%, you shouldn't be happy because you did better than them.
    If you were pleased with 91%, then it shouldn't matter if other people get 100%..

• Advertisement

Yeah, can't wait for it !! :D

Who are you supporting? :) Italia all the way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

Thank god I would literally get no study/cramming done if it was nice out (in fairness I'm not getting much done anyway but..I would get less done if it was sunny :P)

Same! Haha. This first week flew by though :) Here's to hoping this week will be the same :D

Who are you supporting? :) Italia all the way :P
    Cheeky €10 bet on Iran!!

I've issues with smiley faces too!-I've tried to cut down cos my posts were like a hyperactive senior infant's but I worry my post just look mean or void of emotion without them :P

Me too-I've tried to cut down cos my posts looked like a hyperactive pre-schooler but I worry my posts sound mean or just void of emotion :r

I want to be nice and happy about everything haha :D

Cheeky €10 bet on Iran!!

What were the odds 100/1 :D (I have no clue about betting.So I probably just said they are going to win :p )

Yeah , I guess :P it's not too hard, so long as you're familiar with different types of irish dances, instruments and know your set works and songs and general study, it's an easy subject to get a good mark in! :)

Yea I was gonna take it up outside of school but didnt want the hassle kinda regret it now but what's done is done :rolleyes:

I want to be nice and happy about everything haha :D

What were the odds 100/1 :D (I have no clue about betting.So I probably just said they are going to win :p )
    Ha yeah they were :P so if they win, I get 100 euro for every 1 I put on :D

^^im counting this as study for Maths... :P

€1000 would be a nice win .......if they had any chance :p

• Advertisement

€1000 would be a nice win .......if they had any chance :p

To true haha :P looking forward to seeing how Belgium do, they have a pretty solid side :P

Advertisement