Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

nanook5 wrote: »
    First irish class of the year the first words that came out of the teachers mouth was "We're going to start with a sceal...."
    :(

Best thing today was pe :)

Lol what was yer timetable like i actually love mine except my eejet French teacher first thing on Monday but religion first thing friday(it's not an exam subject so it's a bit of a doss)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Eims14 wrote: »
    Lol what was yer timetable like i actually love mine except my eejet French teacher first thing on Monday but religion first thing friday(it's not an exam subject so it's a bit of a doss)

Maths last class on monday and tuesday

Double science monday :)

History first thing tuesday ...ughh

Maths first thing wednesday ...ughh

Pe wednesday

Double tech on thursday first thing :)

Business and cspe last two classes friday ...complete doss haha

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

1st day back yesterday.Omigod they were so serious they were telling us to hit the ground running and that we have to create good habits to succed succesfully everyones was so serious.And then we went off to classes and they wanted to start work again!!It wasn't even a proper day we aren't back properly til Friday I didn't even bring a bag with me .In other news TOP LOCKER!! :D

Haha I got a top locker too!!! :D Second year running :P:D

I have the nicest Friday ever: Double PE to start and Religion and Music between break and lunch :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CiCi123

I went back today and I got my timetable, so can we please have a minute silence for my Monday mornings! I have Double Irish first thing in the morning:(
    But at least I got a top locker:P24955201.jpg This is why I love having the top locker:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Just had a look at educate.ie. Didn't think you could get exam papers for €2.50, I've seen them in easons for anything up to €6 or €7

Educate.ie seem to have much better prices - free delivery on orders of €20 or more but easons.com have free delivery on orders of €10 so it kind
    of depends on how many books you need...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 fuhiero

hello i better join this now before it gets too late :D
    im chloe and i went into 3rd year yesterday, and every single class i had started with "i dont want to talk about the junior cert on the first day back but..."
    hoping the jc wont be as bad as the teachers made it out to be???
    pff im sure it will be grand :rolleyes:

fuhiero wrote: »
    hello i better join this now before it gets too late :D
    im chloe and i went into 3rd year yesterday, and every single class i had started with "i dont want to talk about the junior cert on the first day back but..."
    hoping the jc wont be as bad as the teachers made it out to be???
    pff im sure it will be grand :rolleyes:

Hey chloe yea im back properly tomorrow uhh :( but least i have double P.E. in the middle of the day :D

:eek::eek: double PE sounds horrible i can barely handle one class of PE :eek::eek:
    but good luck tomorrow im sure it will be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hf98kk

Junior cert this year:

French
    English
    German
    Latin
    Irish
    Science
    Geography
    History
    Maths
    CSPE

All higher level except CSPE of course. Expecting to do fairly well but don't want to waste a whole year completely devoted to studying.

:eek::eek: double PE sounds horrible i can barely handle one class of PE :eek::eek:
    but good luck tomorrow im sure it will be fine :D

I like p.e.its a nice doss our teacher was pregnant last year so we didn't do anything particularly difficult and when we do me and my friends just have a chat and banter :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

How is PE horrible? You play basketball and do fun stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

How is PE horrible? You play basketball and do fun stuff!
    And in 5th year you can use the gym! but that's 5th year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

We started lighting weights in P.E in 2nd year, although it was small weights and the maximum would be 10kg per bar.

We've used our gym since first year .....

Our P.E teacher is fat too :D

First day done 'twas actually grand but I don't know how I'll be on Monday.Im gonna start study on Monday (all my friends are doing the same even if they don't admit it ;) ) I don't think anyone but me is particularly confident in me and im not particurlarly confident in myself either.My sister did it 2yrs ago (she's in 6th yr now) and didn't try at all and I feel now everyone's kinda presuming I'll do the same.Its kind of demotivating and makes me lose faith a little bit.....anyway rant over first day back was grand...for school and roll on the rest of the yer :P

First day done 'twas actually grand but I don't know how I'll be on Monday.Im gonna start study on Monday (all my friends are doing the same even if they don't admit it ;) ) I don't think anyone but me is particularly confident in me and im not particurlarly confident in myself either.My sister did it 2yrs ago (she's in 6th yr now) and didn't try at all and I feel now everyone's kinda presuming I'll do the same.Its kind of demotivating and makes me lose faith a little bit.....anyway rant over first day back was grand...for school and roll on the rest of the yer :P

im going to start my study on Monday as well, i think i may make a study plan this weekend to try fit everything in
    also i wouldnt worry too much about it just yet, i think it will come around quick enough but we've still got a bit of time so dont lose faith in you're self okay it will all be grand and im sure you'll do great :D

im going to start my study on Monday as well, i think i may make a study plan this weekend to try fit everything in
    also i wouldnt worry too much about it just yet, i think it will come around quick enough but we've still got a bit of time so dont lose faith in you're self okay it will all be grand and im sure you'll do great :D

Monday for me too .

I was amazed when people said they studied 2.5hours on the first day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

CiCi123 wrote: »
    Oh sorry I didn't even know we have to do essay things, music is the last subject that I thought we'd have to be writing long essays! I'm sorry now lads but nothing will ever beat the sweet sweet music of SALVE REGINA and MUSS I DENN!!!;) Has anyone started set works yet???:D

Its not really a long essay, you say the category (popular music usually), then the band and 2 songs by them for 8 marks, then you pick 3 features from the 2 songs, write about 5 lines on each and get 4 marks for each feature. Its worth like 20 marks and you dont really have to write much. The closest thing to an essay is on the Irish music question which is a page on certain stuff like the traditional harpists, collectors of trad irish music, irish folk songs etc and its only worth 10 marks. I know it was ages ago but was online and saw the JC forum and decided i would go back a year in time

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Jeez,im reading all the commets and everyone is saying they are starting studying on Monday. Last year, i did nothing until a few weeks before Christmas mocks and actual thing :P

Yea I'll make a plan over the weekend too and thanks for that I'm sure we'll all do great in the end :)

• Advertisement

Wow I'm doing my Jc this year and am surprised by every one saying that they are studying already! I wasn't planning on studying until just before the Christmas tests, and I'm not even one of those guys that would be happy enough with 1 or 2 As and a few B's and C's. Unless your not very bright or are looking for a definite 10 As I really don't see why you would need to start studying already. Also I do a lot of sports and it will be hard to fit in study during the week.

hf98kk wrote: »
    Wow I'm doing my Jc this year and am surprised by every one saying that they are studying already! I wasn't planning on studying until just before the Christmas tests, and I'm not even one of those guys that would be happy enough with 1 or 2 As and a few B's and C's. Unless your not very bright or are looking for a definite 10 As I really don't see why you would need to start studying already. Also I do a lot of sports and it will be hard to fit in study during the week.

I'm studying so early because I want to test myself and see what I'm really capable of achieving .I've never really studied for any tests before :cool:

Also My year head said today "There's no point sitting in a classroom for 3 years of your life and not doing your best at the end of it" Which I thought was very true :D

Im.studying in so early cos all my friends are and cos my parents will make me and cos i want to do well but thats a given i guess but some people dont need as much time to study or don't freak out as much as others (which is a good thing,like if i started in march or something id probably have a nervous breakdown-,i joke-just cos of stress but others thrive on pressure to motivate them ) each to their own and all that jazz :P

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Bit late but here's my timetable:

Monday is ACE. Double T-graph first thing (I know I said it is hard but the teacher and class itself are good craic). And end with Double PE.:cool:

Everything else is mediocre, and for some reason they are combining our 2 religion classes to make a painful Double religion to finish off on thursday:(

I was also wondering which subjects are usually the hardest and easiest? Maybe past JCers would know best. I think most people find french quite easy but is german a lot harder? Is irish one of the hardest exams?

hf98kk wrote: »
    I was also wondering which subjects are usually the hardest and easiest? Maybe past JCers would know best. I think most people find french quite easy but is german a lot harder? Is irish one of the hardest exams?
    In my opinion, in a scale of 1 - 10, these are the hardest subjects:

1: CSPE
    2: Religion
    3: Science
    4: History
    5: Home Eco
    6: Geography
    7: English
    8: Italian
    9: Irish

Irish is the hardest subject for me :pac:.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Of course it varies from person to person. Some people have no trouble with any subject, some people can't tell you a subject they find easy. Some people sail through languages but have terrible trouble with fact based subjects. Some people can't understand how anyone has trouble with Maths, some people could be in a Maths class the next ten years and not 'get' certain things.

Well everything's gone very quiet over here in the OT thread.First Monday back uhh promised myself I'd start studying today it never happened (of course) but my friend is making me go study next week so yano..shure it'll be grand..

Probably :P

So how has everyone else homework studying gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 CiCi123

We got so much homework its scary:( We started The Merchant of Venice today! Has anyone else started and if you have can you even understand Shakespeare???:)

• Advertisement

Girls and boys, don't panic! Very very few people started studying at this stage of third year, so you don't have to worry about falling behind or anything. If you have been getting Cs, Bs and As in higher level subjects in Christmas, Summer and class exams, then you have nothing to worry about yet. You should be aiming to get excellent results in the Christmas exams this year, and then start study and "experiment" with what works and what doesn't for the mocks. Pretend the mocks are like the JC, give your best shot and it'll be marked more harder/more easy depending on the teacher.

You have plently of time, so don't worry! :) I learnt that mistake, wasted last September-December doing Maths Past Papers ... :p

Advertisement