Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CUSACK2

History, my worst subject . I don't do French so I've got some extra time. What people in history is everyone doing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Chloee98 wrote: »
    I'm doing the social change question, any advice?

Only advice I can give is the one my teacher gave me which is don't nobody ever gets full marks in it. We didn't even cover it in class this is because you already know a lot about social change so you'll must likely waffle on about stuff that's off topic and then won't get marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chloee98

Only advice I can give is the one my teacher gave me which is don't nobody ever gets full marks in it. We didn't even cover it in class this is because you already know a lot about social change so you'll must likely waffle on about stuff that's off topic and then won't get marks.
    Got 25/30 for it in the mocks but dunno whether I should risk it

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

ID risk it the SEC answers don't seem over complicated....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Chloee98 wrote: »
    Got 25/30 for it in the mocks but dunno whether I should risk it

Unless you're more confident with another question on Q6, stick with your guns. :)
    Most people avoid Social Change and examiners tend to know when the answers are just off the top of their head as they tend to be a little lacking in information, but if you've done it previously and got on well you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Liordi wrote: »
    Unless you're more confident with another question on Q6, stick with your guns. :)
    Most people avoid Social Change and examiners tend to know when the answers are just off the top of their head as they tend to be a little lacking in information, but if you've done it previously and got on well you should be fine.

This, plus people get the chronology of events all wrong or mention things that a person would have to be about 185 to have lived through.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

spurious wrote: »
    This, plus people get the chronology of events all wrong or mention things that a person would have to be about 185 to have lived through.

Yeah don't think the chronology of the things in my accounts were very accurate today! Got mixed up with women's changes and stuff :/ hopefully it'll still be alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Xgracie wrote: »
    Revolutions if I doesn't come up I'm screwed cause I've told everyone that!

You were a right :D Damn you I f*cking hate them . :P

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

nanook5 wrote: »
    You were a right :D Damn you I f*cking hate them . :P

I'm always right ;)

I'm always right ;)

All hail Gracie :D

• Advertisement

nanook5 wrote: »
    All hail Gracie :D

Ye should all listen to me hahaha

Ye should all listen to me hahaha

Maybe in 6th year . It's too late now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheEdgeofGlory

Does anyone know what to focus on for religion tomorrow?I know that a large portion of religion is strategic waffle but in terms of essays etc?.

Does anyone know what to focus on for religion tomorrow?I know that a large portion of religion is strategic waffle but in terms of essays etc?.

Know hajj in detail

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭yvngceebs

After flicking through the exam papers, I've noticed a trend - for Q5 part 4 (the essay question worth 70 marks), it's always something that challenges religion. (eg: the creation of the world: science vs religion, or 'humanism and religion) It seems like a "definite trend" but I honestly wouldn't JUST focus on that.

Make sure to know your definitions as they can be easily incorporated into essay-style questions. On Section 4 of the exam, each question comes from a particular stand of the Religion Course (should outline in your textbook) I advise you choose your best four 'strand' (eg, Communities of Faith, The Moral Challenge, Foundations of Christianity etc) and focus on those.

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do great! :)

Pick the essay that you can strategically waffle ;) seriously I got an A in my mock with only a bit of knowledge on Islam the rest I made up on the spot!

yvngceebs wrote: »
    After flicking through the exam papers, I've noticed a trend - for Q5 part 4 (the essay question worth 70 marks), it's always something that challenges religion. (eg: the creation of the world: science vs religion, or 'humanism and religion) It seems like a "definite trend" but I honestly wouldn't JUST focus on that.

Make sure to know your definitions as they can be easily incorporated into essay-style questions. On Section 4 of the exam, each question comes from a particular stand of the Religion Course (should outline in your textbook) I advise you choose your best four 'strand' (eg, Communities of Faith, The Moral Challenge, Foundations of Christianity etc) and focus on those.

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do great! :)

Essays go by sections
    Essay 1 - section A
    Essay 2 - section B (in your book like)
    And so forth :)
    Essay 4 is section D, question if faith and pretty handy waffle if it's nice!

Does anyone else not have religion as an exam subject?

You could bring a waffle into the exam and when you get to the essay you could put it on the essay page,close the booklet and seal it .That'll show the examiner 'real' waffle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

Me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

ECM1234 wrote: »
    Me :D

Me too. Once science is over, I'm off til tech and music next week

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Me :) so glad they stopped making us do it as an exam subject :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

science, home ec and then done:')

Science and German. :D
    Anyone who does stuff like Business, Art and French is finished after tomorrow. :x

Science and German. :D
    Anyone who does stuff like Business, Art and French is finished after tomorrow. :x

It's an abomination :D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Yup but our teacher this year thought it like it was:(every other class got to watch movies and we're learning about Islam :( .On another note I never have to learn about the celts or any other shíte on the history course again :D praise The Lord :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Me so glad I don't have it. Science tomorrow and then three full, badly-needed days for T-Graph

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

If you know the topic of Islam you're grand for the exam

Religion, science, home ec and I'm FREEEE! All exams I'm pretty confident on too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

If I did religion, I think I would be arrested for my views!

Advertisement