Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

ElmW13 wrote: »
    where are you going? I'd like to go to a vets...

i got Brown Thomas, LA college of creative arts, Tommy Hilfiger and maybe Irish Wheelchair Association as the mother works there hahah :D

We have to get the dates first before we can go and look for work experience...wish we had been given the dates before the summer so we could get it sorted over the summer though...:(

oh are you doing block weeks?? We're doing it every Friday of the year! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

ah i started dropping CVs in around Easter, and places rang me back to confirm my placement! Its just so its sorted and i wont be worrying about it !

What's on your CV if you don't mind me asking . I don't even have one .

nanook5 wrote: »
    What's on your CV if you don't mind me asking . I don't even have one .

i just wrote my information; name, age, DOB, phone number, etc. Then my Education info like primary schools, secondary schools and what I'm studying for JC then you write hobbies and achievements and then you need to references and their contact info also any past WE you have had this could be like babysitting and all that! :D

i just wrote my information; name, age, DOB, phone number, etc. Then my Education info like primary schools, secondary schools and what I'm studying for JC then you write hobbies and achievements and then you need to references and their contact info also any past WE you have had this could be like babysitting and all that! :D

Oh right OK . I must make one over summer I guess :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

oh are you doing block weeks?? We're doing it every Friday of the year! :O
    Yeah...we only have four weeks though- would have preferred six. Every Friday actually sounds like a really good arrangement! At least you wouldn't be stuck in school all week...

Did any of ye have to fill in a form saying why you want to do TY? It took me WAY longer than it should have to fill it out...:rolleyes: I am SO bad at filling in forms!

Oh right OK . I must make one over summer I guess :pac:

make sure you present it neatly etc so I'm told! Also places like Brown Thomas, you can email them your dates and you don't have to give them a CV! :D

Yeah...we only have four weeks though- would have preferred six. Every Friday actually sounds like a really good arrangement! At least you wouldn't be stuck in school all week...

Did any of ye have to fill in a form saying why you want to do TY? It took me WAY longer than it should have to fill it out...:rolleyes: I am SO bad at filling in forms!

yeah and we can do a block week if its being offered to us! We have to do Fridays because apparently they can't afford to keep us in on Fridays :D
    i had to fill in a form, BSed about it giving me confidence :rolleyes:

yeah and we can do a block week if its being offered to us! We have to do Fridays because apparently they can't afford to keep us in on Fridays :D
    i had to fill in a form, BSed about it giving me confidence :rolleyes:

Haha...yeah I said I wanted to try new sports :rolleyes: I don't even like exercise...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

What subjects is everyone doing for LC if you're not doing TY?
    I'm doing accounting,biology,french and home ec (regret picking home ec now though!)

• Advertisement

Haha...yeah I said I wanted to try new sports :rolleyes: I don't even like exercise...

ah who knows?! At the end of TY you may be an aspiring GAA player ;) I'm dreading the Zumba and all of that kind of stuff hahaha least sporty person going!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Ehmmmmmmmm weren't you supposed to hand them up so that your teacher can give them in to get marked/checked :confused:

I thought.you just.give in your.experiments.folder on the.day!!?
    I have.the booklet worth 25% already handed in.Im just talking about the one with experiments.from all.the years:confused:

Eims14 wrote: »
    I thought.you just.give in your.experiments.folder on the.day!!?
    I have.the booklet worth 25% already handed in.Im just talking about the one with experiments.from all.the years:confused:

My class gave ours to our teacher . It's obviously different for you though :)

ah who knows?! At the end of TY you may be an aspiring GAA player ;) I'm dreading the Zumba and all of that kind of stuff hahaha least sporty person going!

Forms ? Sports? Zumba ? What ? You guys have to educate me on TY preparation and what this all is . :confused: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

ah i started dropping CVs in around Easter, and places rang me back to confirm my placement! Its just so its sorted and i wont be worrying about it !

How do you have a CV in 3rd year?
    What would you put on it?

Forms ? Sports? Zumba ? What ? You guys have to educate me on TY preparation and what this all is . :confused: :pac:

hahaha :pac: Ah i think the forms are for bigger schools! There's 184 third years in my year so they needed to narrow it down so the forms were the only way to do that! :pac: And you try different activities like zumba and martial arts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

We had to write out an A4 page on why we want to do it. I actually bs-ed through something even more than history for once :P

Ah ok i was panicking for a minute there

Yeah me too we all just automaticlly got in so.i dont have a clue.what were.gonna be doing.Its also fairly new for us twas only introduced 3yrs ago

Liordi wrote: »
    How do you have a CV in 3rd year?
    What would you put on it?

our guidance councillor said like your contact details, DOB, school info, junior cert subjects, hobbies and achievements and references and if you have past work experience like babysitting your neighbours kids! There's layouts online i believe :)

I actually don't know who would be more surprised if that happened: me or my PE teacher. :L

hahaha :pac: Ah i think the forms are for bigger schools! There's 184 third years so they needed to narrow it down so the forms were the only way to do that! :pac: And you try different activities like zumba and martial arts :(

That's a big school. Like 100 more than mine :pac: :p

• Advertisement

That's a big school. Like 100 more than mine :pac: :p

hahaha :p there's 1300 i think in the whole school :pac:

our guidance councillor said like your contact details, DOB, school info, junior cert subjects, hobbies and achievements and references and if you have past work experience like babysitting your neighbours kids! There's layouts online i believe :)

TBH I think the CV is a bit stupid for work experience . There is nothing of value on it at our age .I'll just use your babysitting as an example (and I don't mean this in a bad way) but like when the person you want to get work experience with read your CV their just going to be like "This is so irrelevant" :)

I actually don't know who would be more surprised if that happened: me or my PE teacher. :L

kinda like me i suppose, i just stand there in PE hoping no one notices me :pac:

600 in mine . Would be like 450 if we didn't have a load of Spanish exchange students

Thats like 900 more than.my school.Your school must be HUGE

TBH I think the CV is a bit stupid for work experience . There is nothing of value on it at our age .I'll just use your babysitting as an example (and I don't mean this in a bad way) but like when the person you want to get work experience with read your CV their just going to be like "This is so irrelevant" :)

oh no i completely understand! I don't understand it at all!! Sure you know to get a job for bringing in the tea to the supervisors, you need a CV for that! (its worth it though cause you get paid 340 euros ;)) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Only around 400 in ours!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

About 450ish or so in our school.

600 in mine . Would be like 450 if we didn't have a load of Spanish exchange students

really?!? :pac:

• Advertisement

Eims14 wrote: »
    Thats like 900 more than.my school.Your school must be HUGE

the actual building is tiny so i don't understand how that many fits in it! When you're going from class to class it feels like there's 100 people, its so weird!

Advertisement