Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*JC 2013/2014 Off-Topic Thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

nanook5 wrote: »
    Possibly :P BUT I was thinking,use all your valuable time watching great documentaries and educational interesting/worthwhile videos :D That's what I do most days because I live in the Countryside :pac:

This is what I do too! :0 Except my crap connection means it takes it forever to load.Oh well what are ya gonna do :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Eims14 wrote: »
    This is what I do too! :0 Except my crap connection means it takes it forever to load.Oh well what are ya gonna do :rolleyes:

Any notable channels that you watch? :D ?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

Beca19 wrote: »
    Aw I wish I was good enough to do that :P what grade are you on?
    Senior cert :) I'm hoping to take on 2/3 people in September- if I take on anymore I might end up having to drop them in leaving cert and that wouldn't be fair to them...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Senior cert :) I'm hoping to take on 2/3 people in September- if I take on anymore I might end up having to drop them in leaving cert and that wouldn't be fair to them...:(

You must be brilliant! I thought my grade eight was good... are the pieces hard??

nanook5 wrote: »
    Possibly :P BUT I was thinking,use all your valuable time watching great documentaries and educational interesting/worthwhile videos :D That's what I do most days because I live in the Countryside :pac:

My educational videos consist of the inbetweeners ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

ElmW13 wrote: »
    My educational videos consist of the inbetweeners ;)

Oh.......well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

You must be brilliant! I thought my grade eight was good... are the pieces hard??
    Thanks but no :L
    The pieces are only a small bit more difficult than grade eight...if you learn a difficult piece (something like clair de lune maybe) in between doing the grade eight and the senior cert the senior cert pieces are very manageable.

The scales on the other hand are a nightmare! I used to give out about the scales for grade eight...the senior cert ones are soooo muh worse!

Not sure about the theory because I haven't looked at it but I think it is mostly similar to grade eight with a few new things (like knowing how the piano works :L)

What pieces are you doing for your grade eight?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

Is anyone still on here? How is everyone feeling about results? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Eims14

Yup-Dont even go there.Ill be in denial till the night before.My sister is getting her LC results on Wednesday so that will probably take the spotlight off me..

Eims14 wrote: »
    Yup-Dont even go there.Ill be in denial till the night before.My sister is getting her LC results on Wednesday so that will probably take the spotlight off me..
    same! kinda looking forward to TY though I must admit:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

I'm here!! Really don't care about results, everyone will forget about them in a day! A bit curious tho

me too! whats everyone doing for results night?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

The more I think about it, the more I'm convincing myself that I did bad. I won't be able to enjoy the start of TY with the results looming but I think I've done well.

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    The more I think about it, the more I'm convincing myself that I did bad. I won't be able to enjoy the start of TY with the results looming but I think I've done well.

I'm excited for TY. I couldn't even imagine doing 5th year now :o Whenever I read a book I think about my english essay. No idea why. I'm gonna be ****ting myself looking at the envelope

me too! whats everyone doing for results night?

Think I'm going to go to Kinsale. The nerves probably won't hit me until the day of results. Well probably have to wait until the end of the day fir them :mad: people said it was really annoying last night when teachers kept on congratulating them before they got their results... Knowing our luck, our school will have organised a 10 mile walk for the following day like last year:(

Think I'm going to go to Kinsale. The nerves probably won't hit me until the day of results. Well probably have to wait until the end of the day fir them :mad: people said it was really annoying last night when teachers on congratulating them before they got their results... Knowing our luck, our school will have organised a 10 mile walk for the following day like last year:(
    I aint telling teachers any results unless I want to haha. We've the following day off, everyone will probably come in hungover or pissed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

I can`t wait to get the results... why don`t they just give them to us rather than all the waiting? :confused: I`m looking forward to TY we`re meant to be going to London this year! Anyone else going abroad?? For results night all our year usually goes to Cartown disco ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

Is it just my school that waits until 3.30 to give us the results?!?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

We get our results at like 9:30 and then we can leave after.

I can`t wait to get the results... why don`t they just give them to us rather than all the waiting? :confused: I`m looking forward to TY we`re meant to be going to London this year! Anyone else going abroad?? For results night all our year usually goes to Cartown disco ;)

Were going to Carlingford and then at Easter were going to Alton towers and Beatles museum and Old Trafford!:D

• Advertisement

We get our results at like 9:30 and then we can leave after.

Seriously?! Its ridic that I've to wait that long!

Seriously?! Its ridic that I've to wait that long!

Ya the time kinds changes depending how long its taken them to get the results ready but its always around 9:30. I'd be so nervous if I had to wait till 3:30 you'd just be sitting there all day thinking about them.

Ya the time kinds changes depending how long its taken them to get the results ready but its always around 9:30. I'd be so nervous if I had to wait till 3:30 you'd just be sitting there all day thinking about them.

You're so lucky:( I know! My brother told me all through the day all the teachers do try to make you even more nervous hahaha :pac:

You're so lucky:( I know! My brother told me all through the day all the teachers do try to make you even more nervous hahaha :pac:

That sounds like something my teachers would do if we had to wait ages for results. Is there any reason they make you wait till 3:30.

That sounds like something my teachers would do if we had to wait ages for results. Is there any reason they make you wait till 3:30.

It could be because past students used to run back inside the school after getting the results banging lockers and screaming "I passed" hahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Ya we get our results at 3 o clock and we go home at 3.15! Our teachers like to keep us on the edge of our seats all day :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We used to give ours out before small break in the morning, so that they would be gone before the rest of the school came down for the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

spurious wrote: »
    We used to give ours out before small break in the morning, so that they would be gone before the rest of the school came down for the break.

This is what mine do! Most people hang around chatting for the break tho then go home

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Anyone still on here if so how did ur summer go
    Did anyone get their books yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

I don't know if we even need books :|

Advertisement