Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logging in to boards on my phone?

Options
  • 21-08-2013 2:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭

I was sent this way from the Android forum, i am having issues logging into boards on my phone. I am getting messages saying that there was an internal server error. I have tried on Wifi and 3g and have tried 3 different browsers on my phone to access boards.ie, touch.boards.ie and m.boards.ie. I am not having any luck with any of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

I was sent this way from the Android forum, i am having issues logging into boards on my phone. I am getting messages saying that there was an internal server error. I have tried on Wifi and 3g and have tried 3 different browsers on my phone to access boards.ie, touch.boards.ie and m.boards.ie. I am not having any luck with any of them.

Hi Vinz Mesrine,

What phone / OS are you currently using? Odd you're getting a 500. Could you fire on a screen of the error page you're encountering if possible please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Hi there Ronan,

I am using a Galaxy s4. I have tried to access all 3 versions of boards through Dolphin Browser, Google Chrome and the stock browser on the phone. I have tried through WiFi and also through the regular 3G/H+ connection. I get the same message each time which is "An internal server error occured. Please try again later." I will try and upload a picture of the screen now.

This is what i am getting

Screenshot_2013_08_22_10_17_15.png

Thanks for the details, will try my best to get round to this today

Hi Ronan,

Just wondering if there is any update on this?

• Advertisement

No not yet unfortunately.

I've been testing here on a variety of devices, have been unable to recreate anything close to the issues you've detailed above.

Is there anything out of the ordinary with regards to your connection ? (connecting via a proxy on wifi, non standard ISP over 3G, etc,) anything at all like that ?

I notice from the screen you attempted to log in via www in that instance, do you receive the same message / screen when attempting to log in via touch ?

Could you also confirm your OS for me pls, thanks.

Im connected through a regular 50MB UPC connection, i have also tried it through Meteors 3G and got the same results.

I am using Android 4.2

I have tried www. , touch. and m. and have received the same messages on all.

Im connected through a regular 50MB UPC connection, i have also tried it through Meteors 3G and got the same results.

I am using Android 4.2

I have tried www. , touch. and m. and have received the same messages on all.

Haven't forgotten about this one, have tracked the issue down to our load balancers.

It's a device specific issue for sure, I'm going to try sift through our logs and see if I can dig out some of your requests.

Will hopefully be able to glean some further info tomorrow morning, I'll be in touch as soon as I have some updates.

Did you every get to the bottom of this Ronan?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement