Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening in Fitzgerald Park?

Options
  • 21-08-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Anybody have info on what's going on there?

Passed it yesterday and the whole greenery in front of the museum was dug up and fenced off, grass and flower beds etc, I thought that part of the park was pretty nice and well kept as it was!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

BillJ wrote: »
    Anybody have info on what's going on there?

Passed it yesterday and the whole greenery in front of the museum was dug up and fenced off, grass and flower beds etc, I thought that part of the park was pretty nice and well kept as it was!

Sky Garden

http://www.eveningecho.ie/2013/07/16/corks-new-garden-trail/

Mardyke-Gardens-031.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭BillJ

Didn't realise that was happening, thought it had been put on the long finger.

Looking forward to seeing it finished

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I hadn't seen that image before, what are those 'blobs' on the ground? Rock/glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

It is finally going in then, well I hope they make it look pretty. Cant say I agree with gavin's and the councils waste of money but at least tis going to use.. gavin is a major pleb though cant stand him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

A monument to the waste of public money and the plaumasing of a narcissist celeb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Its grand he'll keep an eye on the work ;)

1150579718_ea1a45bf52_z.jpg?zz=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

90 years today since Big Mick was shot in the back by Eamon the devil and his cronies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Cape Clear wrote: »
    90 years today since Big Mick was shot in the back by Eamon the devil and his cronies!

2013 - 1922 = 91.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

evilivor wrote: »
    2013 - 1922 = 91.
    My bad! Just checking you are all awake today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭Worztron

Is the proper name Fitzgerald's Park or Fitzgerald Park? I've seen both used.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Worztron wrote: »
    Is the proper name Fitzgerald's Park or Fitzgerald Park? I've seen both used.

Nearly sure it's Fitzgerald Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Nearly sure it's Fitzgerald Park.

Hi Hotale.com. Yes, I was leaning towards that also. It makes more sense.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement