Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ZX7R to a ZX636R

• 21-08-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Am I mad?

My zx7r is 1998 and pretty clean for its year and well maintained. I want to go up in the years and I am looking at a few 2003 zx636r.

Its obviously lower in CC but most of my riding is on twisty's so really it's not going to make a lot of difference.

So what are they like??

My Bike with a very warm me :D and the zx636r

993017_4149959446734_2108218647_n.jpg

2003ZX6R.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

they're lighter, and more powerful afaik, so dont think you'll notice the cc difference :)

the 03/04 model is fairly track focused though I believe, so might be abit hard out of the box for our shite roads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Thanks for that ;)

I Don't really mind the hard ride, my bzx7 is set similar so!

I'm in 2 minds whether to trade now or after xmas? Biker are cheaper during the winter but that will obviously affect my trade in! Selling privately has the same issue to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Always liked the 636, (good) few years back I found a 600rr but insurance quotes were too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

sorry, bit less hp then the zx7, but is about 40kg lighter (20%! :o)

I'd try and get a go on one, see what you think. Ive an 05, which is a bit more road orientated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

ZX7R....best handling bike i ever had, in spite of the extra weight....also the best track days were on it....:(

• Advertisement

ZX7R....best handling bike i ever had, in spite of the extra weight....also the best track days were on it....:(

Everyone always says that, even when calling for service parts etc I always get the 'oh there a great bike' now what are you after :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

What size are ye :pac:
    The standard shock is quite stiff if you are in the 10-12 stone range and they can be a little nervous on bumpy roads when you are giving them beans. Stick a damper on and away you go.
    Fantastic bike - real raw and still today feel as fun as any 600 ever made. I used mine for track days mostly for a year - was fantastic out of the box for that. Decent midrange for a 600 too
    DSC_4211.jpg
    DSC_5643.jpg
    DSC_3492.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would deffo take a look at the Daytona 675 or if you can stretch it the "R" version. McCallens have 2 in stock and a test ride would be well worth it. Alot of the bike mags rate it the best mid range sports bike around.

I'm 6ft and 13 stone so maybe the shock will be softer ha

I like the triumph now that you mention it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

TriumphJack........nah...dont like the sound of that.........:D

Advertisement