Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM Card Reader

Options
  • 21-08-2013 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

any recommendations for a good USB based phone SIM card reader?

It's sole use will be for backing up & restoring numbers.

I tried two of those cheapies from ebay but they were very hit and miss, in fact one of them would not recognise any SIM I tried in it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

well if you have an android phone you can sync it to your username and when you add your account to a phone you instantly have all your contacts, and dont need to worry about numbers on your sim, im not 100% sure but id assume Apple have a similar process and most likely would windows mobile also.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

in fact one of them would not recognise any SIM I tried in it.
    Did you turn off any such sim lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

well if you have an android phone you can sync it to your username and when you add your account to a phone you instantly have all your contacts, and dont need to worry about numbers on your sim, im not 100% sure but id assume Apple have a similar process and most likely would windows mobile also.

This is required for SIM's from some standard GSM phones and is not smart phone or iPhone related
    the_syco wrote: »
    Did you turn off any such sim lock?

None of the SIMs were locked

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement