Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspended ceiling cost?

Options
  • 21-08-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Would anyone know the average cost for the supply and fit of a metal suspended ceiling with 12.5mm plasterboard to a ground floor of a domestic dwelling with a flat ceiling area of approx 150m2?

concrete flat ceiling height would be 2.95m from floor. Void would be about 200mm.

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

530€ for circa 45m2 on recent extension

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Current prices range from €9 - €12 a square metre for the metal frame.

Plasterboard from €5 - €7 a square metre supplied and fitted.

Just make sure the price you get is fully inclusive. I did a ceiling today in cork and the builder told me that he ran a lad on the last house after he gave him a price, and then told him when the job was finished that he hadn't included the price of the screws and fixings!!

Also make sure the metal is fire certified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

mfceiling wrote: »
    Current prices range from €9 - €12 a square metre for the metal frame.

Plasterboard from €5 - €7 supplied and fitted.

Just make sure the price you get is fully inclusive. I did a ceiling today in cork and the builder told me that he ran a lad on the last house after he gave him a price, and then told him when the job was finished that he hadn't included the price of the screws and fixings!!

Also make sure the metal is fire certified.

The above rates would be keen by dublin standards And you will also need a skim finish €7-10 per m2 depending on location

kkelliher wrote: »
    The above rates would be keen by dublin standards And you will also need a skim finish €7-10 per m2 depending on location

I'm based in dublin and i'm keeping busy because of the keen rates!! Labour rates are well down so it's trying to keep a hold of the material prices...i don't know about other trades but if you keep your suppliers fully paid up then they will play ball when it comes to decent trade prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 john f 4g63

I will be looking to get this done to my house in the near future so i'm just wondering are there different grades or thicknesses of the metal as well or are they all the same?

• Advertisement

I will be looking to get this done to my house in the near future so i'm just wondering are there different grades or thicknesses of the metal as well or are they all the same?

Most of the metal is made to the same gauge which is 0.7mm.

Gypsum products are the most common but are very expensive. Lafarge, knauf, rapidwall, speedline, sas and sfs all do the exact same product and are exactly the same in dimensions....i use different combinations, dependent on supplier stock levels...the benefit is that all products from all suppliers are compatible with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 john f 4g63

mfceiling wrote: »
    Most of the metal is made to the same gauge which is 0.7mm.

Gypsum products are the most common but are very expensive. Lafarge, knauf, rapidwall, speedline, sas and sfs all do the exact same product and are exactly the same in dimensions....i use different combinations, dependent on supplier stock levels...the benefit is that all products from all suppliers are compatible with each other.

Ok, Thanks for that as i wasnt sure if there were different gauges but least ill know to make sure i use 0.7mm.

Ok, Thanks for that as i wasnt sure if there were different gauges but least ill know to make sure i use 0.7mm.

Also ask if it has it's fire certification. I'm not aware of any of the brands i mentioned not having it but i've heard of cheaper metal products on sale that have no certs of any kind.

Advertisement