Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefits of maintaining BoI current account

Options
  • 21-08-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I've had a bank of Ireland current account for about 15years. I am now considering switching to permanent TSB due to their fee free banking offer. I Was just wondering if there are any benefits to staying with BoI to compensate for the higher level of fees e.g. benefit to having a long standing account when it comes to loan applications etc. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

Good post fatmagne. 

I am in a similar situation. I have been with BOI for 15 years and I'm asking myself the question what are reasons to stay with BOI. What will I get from BOI that PTSB wont provide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

We have had this similar query on a previous thread. Please see below:

Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Tara
    Hi All,

Thank you all for continuing to provide us with your valued input in relation to our new Personal Current Account fee structure.

Please see below some of the benefits and features available to our customers.

• Access to over 250 branches and 1,500 ATMs nationwide.
    • Over 2,000 qualified Financial Advisors across the country.

• 365Online and Mobile Banking App, for iPhone and Android users, giving you access to checking your account both at home and on the go.
    • Online payments to accounts at home and abroad.
    • Pay to mobile service - allows our mobile banking app customer transfer money to any registered Bank of Ireland account simply by knowing the mobile number of the account holder.
    • eStatements - a choice of receiving statements in paper form or by pdf via 365Online.
    • Our recently revamped website with a new Help Centre where you can find answers to your most frequently asked questions.
    • Numerous customer service channels, phone, email and social media presence.
    We also provide mortgages, savings solutions, insurance services, current accounts, loans and investment services to over 1.3 million people around the country. We continue to work on improvements to our service offering and currently have a number of new initiatives in the pipeline. We will post here as and when we receive updates on these.

Thanks
    Tara

To discuss any of the above in more detail, please contact your account holding branch and a representative will be happy to assist you.

Please see here for contact details for all our bank branches.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

So then nothing that would stop one moving to ptsb then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

vicwatson wrote: »
    The branch network is probably the main difference. PTSB are closing branches all over the place.
    That said if you rarely use a branch then I don't think there is a whole pile of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kippy wrote: »
    The branch network is probably the main difference. PTSB are closing branches all over the place.
    That said if you rarely use a branch then I don't think there is a whole pile of difference.
    Excepting you can get free banking with PTSB with a hell of a lot less criteria than BOi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

kippy wrote: »
    Excepting you can get free banking with PTSB with a hell of a lot less criteria than BOi
    Free banking with the criteria that you have a certain amount per month going through your account.

Advertisement