Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRTB can't locate address for tenant

Options
  • 21-08-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Lodged a dispute with PRTB last March, long story short, they can't locate a residential address for the tenant and want to proceed with issuing hearing letter to a business address. Seemingly if a business address is used may be issues in future with enforcement. Asking my permission to proceed with issuing letter to business address or alternative is to close off case. What would you advise. If they close off case do we get refund of fees also?

(I could ask another question as to what the purpose is of the PRTB and why we are required by law to register with them when they do nothing but I might leave that for another thread!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Try doing some detective work yourself, google, facebook...all very useful. Do you know where the former tenants work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 nbjk

athtrasna wrote: »
    Try doing some detective work yourself, google, facebook...all very useful. Do you know where the former tenants work?

He's self employed and I have his business address but that's no good to enforce any orders the PRTB make against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Follow him home.

testicle wrote: »
    Follow him home.

I live about 3000 miles away!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Get someone else to follow him home.

• Advertisement

rovoagho wrote: »
    Get someone else to follow him home.

Seriously, who do you think I can ask to sit outside a business premises for a day to see when this guys decides to go home. I do not know any detectives!

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

a days fees for a private detective vs however much you are owed, which is more?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You are absolutely correct about the PRTB. They really do absolutely nothing for you and the snails pace they go at means it is inevitable that a good portion of tenants will have moved by the time they get around to a formal hearing yet they have no means of following up.

You might try the electoral register or athtrasnas advice below.
    You could call his business and try to get one of the staff to give up his address.
    You could also try www.cro.ie. Not sure what info is avaiable though but all businesses should have filed accounts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭camphor

nbjk wrote: »
    Lodged a dispute with PRTB last March, long story short, they can't locate a residential address for the tenant and want to proceed with issuing hearing letter to a business address. Seemingly if a business address is used may be issues in future with enforcement. Asking my permission to proceed with issuing letter to business address or alternative is to close off case. What would you advise. If they close off case do we get refund of fees also?

(I could ask another question as to what the purpose is of the PRTB and why we are required by law to register with them when they do nothing but I might leave that for another thread!)
    If the ex-tenant is in business at that address, what is the problem.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    You are absolutely correct about the PRTB. They really do absolutely nothing for you and the snails pace they go at means it is inevitable that a good portion of tenants will have moved by the time they get around to a formal hearing yet they have no means of following up.

You might try the electoral register or athtrasnas advice below.
    You could call his business and try to get one of the staff to give up his address.
    You could also try www.cro.ie. Not sure what info is avaiable though but all businesses should have filed accounts.

Self employed, not a company and works on his own.

Driveby Dogboy, very good point but at the end of the day am I going to get any money out of him, I will probably only be adding to my losses. I would just give anything to even have an enforcement order issued against him. He is the biggest con artist I've ever known and is probably laughing at us every opportunity he can.

• Advertisement

camphor wrote: »
    If the ex-tenant is in business at that address, what is the problem.

Need a residential address for an enforcement order to be upheld, business addresses are n/a.

Anyone know anyone in An Post? Will they give out an address?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

does he have a registered company or business or domains? Does he hold any directorships?
    Check what address they are registered to.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭mangledbadgers

What's his name? :pac:

Seriously, who do you think I can ask to sit outside a business premises for a day to see when this guys decides to go home. I do not know any detectives!

You don't have friends? You can't find an unemployed person in this economy? They don't need tradecraft, or Sam Axe on standby.

rovoagho wrote: »
    You don't have friends? You can't find an unemployed person in this economy? They don't need tradecraft, or Sam Axe on standby.

You want to do it?

I'm neither of the above.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭camphor

Need a residential address for an enforcement order to be upheld, business addresses are n/a.

Anyone know anyone in An Post? Will they give out an address?

First you need to get an order before any enforcement issue arises. It is not grounds to resist enforcement that the business address was used for service.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

I agree with comments about the PRTB, absolutely pointless organisation as they do nothing for landlords.

OP what part of the country is he in? I'd say a lot of people would help just so he wouldn't get away with it

Advertisement