Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone knows Prospect Manor, Dublin 16

Options
  • 21-08-2013 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, everyone. I am not from Dublin, would like to know how's it like living in 'Prospect Manor' Rathfarnham? I notice that it is a bit isolated from the map, and the nearest supermarket is probably the Superquinn in Knocklyn, which is half-an-hour walk. But the estate itself looks nice.

Could local people provide more information in terms of shopping, school, traffic at peaking time, security, anti-social behaviour etc.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Traffic at peak times is heavy enough. It comes right out onto Stocking Lane, which is a primary and secondary route to the M50 for a lot of people, so during the school year there's a 10-15 minute queue on that road. If you are actually going to the M50, you could be another 20 minutes queueing to get there at peak times. But that's pretty typical of the area in general.

In terms of shopping, the superquinn is the closest supermarket, but there's also a costcutter mini-market and a petrol station about ten minutes walk away. In terms of security I think it's fine. It's a more upmarket estate, plenty of kids, but I think it's a little too out of the way for there to be anyone hanging around causing trouble.
    There's a bus route which passes by very frequently, the 15B.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zyzjaffery

Thanks, seamus.
    No surprise of your comment on the traffic, the road planning there was a joke.

Advertisement