Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Centre, Blanchardstown from Connelly Station

Options
  • 21-08-2013 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

What's the best way to get to "Medical Centre, Main St., Blanchardstown", from Connelly Station, (walk/Luas/Taxi?), and how far away is it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

You would have to walk to aston quay the bus stop is just passed supervalu
    (couple stops down or more) you need to get the 39

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Get the maynooth train from connolly, get off at castleknock. Train should take 20 mins. Turn left out of the station and walk straight, main Street starts after you walk through 3 sets of traffic lights. Less than a ten minute walk to the start of Main St.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

You could also get the Maynooth train to Castleknock or Coolmine, hop off and walk. Blanchardstown is accessible from both stations, Castleknock station is about 10 minutes from Blanch village. (where I think the main street is)

Alternatively, go to Dawson/Suffolk Street in Dublin 2 (near Trinity) and hop either a 39, or a 39a. Both will be a couple of minutes walk to the medical centre. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Afroshack wrote: »

Alternatively, go to Dawson/Suffolk Street in Dublin 2 (near Trinity) and hop either a 39, or a 39a. Both will be a couple of minutes walk to the medical centre. :)

Much easier is to walk to O'Connell Street and get a 38 or 38a to Blanchardstown main street - no need to cross the river to Dublin 2 at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Some 38a's don't go through the village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

January wrote: »
    Some 38a's don't go through the village.

All route 38a services go through the village.

Route 38b services do not serve the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Vohnsom Hofmee

Get the maynooth train from connolly, get off at castleknock. Train should take 20 mins. Turn left out of the station and walk straight, main Street starts after you walk through 3 sets of traffic lights. Less than a ten minute walk to the start of Main St.
    Thanks, this seems like the best way. Do you know if the Medical Centre is much further after the lights, and is it easy to find?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

if getting the 38a or 39a be aware that they do not pass through the village some 38a's do but some dont

get the 38 on o'connell street outside pennys and that will take you straight into blanch village and the medical centre is only 2 mins walk

Thanks, this seems like the best way. Do you know if the Medical Centre is much further after the lights, and is it easy to find?

are talking about the medical centre just at the bank of ireland or the one beside fas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Vohnsom Hofmee

A V A wrote: »
    are talking about the medical centre just at the bank of ireland or the one beside fas?
    I don't know, I'm coming from Sligo. "Medical Centre, Main St., Blanchardstown, Dublin 15", is the address I was given, near a Doc Morris Pharmacy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I don't know, I'm coming from Sligo. "Medical Centre, Main St., Blanchardstown, Dublin 15", is the address I was given, near a Doc Morris Pharmacy.

That should be the one just after Bank of Ireland on the right side of the street as you walk up, 15 minute walk from the train station. It's above a take away I think?!

If you're coming from Sligo you'd be better off getting off the train at Maynooth and then getting a train that stops at Castleknock. It's all the one line but the Sligo train goes direct from Maynooth to Connolly. If you get off at Maynooth you can hop on a different train that uses all the intermediate stops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Getting off the Sligo train at Maynooth and getting a train to Castleknock would make the trip a little shorter. Get off the train in Castleknock, exit the train station and go left off the bridge. Just keep left, you'll pass a Superquinn shopping centre on your left and the medical centre is pretty much just across the road from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

A V A wrote: »
    if getting the 38a or 39a be aware that they do not pass through the village some 38a's do but some dont

get the 38 on o'connell street outside pennys and that will take you straight into blanch village and the medical centre is only 2 mins walk

Again all route 38a buses serve Blanchardstown Village.

The 38B does not serve Blanchardstown.

ah yeah i know the one your talking about :) if your coming from sligo and will be arriving at connolly, defo get the maynooth train :)

Advertisement