Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help advise for single mum to be

• 21-08-2013 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,, can anyone please give me some advise..I'm 3 months pregnant and when I told my partner he went crazy and kicked me out of the apartment we shared. He wants nothing to do with me or the baby.Now I'm living back at home but there is hardly any room as it is never mind when the baby comes. I work but only as a temp so I won't be entitled to maternity pay.can someone please give me advise on if I will be ableto get my own appartment..do the government Gove housing allowance to someone in my situation..any advise you can give is much appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Go talk to your local community welfare officer in the local social welfare office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,325 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Not helpful advice, but I have to say,

What a prick! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Citizens advice can prob help too and tell you what channels to go and what entitlements you have. There has to be some

As for him I'd have a few choice words for him if I met him..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Plus 1 to going to your community welfare officer and citizens advice. It can be the luck of the draw with community welfare officers sometimes so it is important that you find as much information as possible on what you are entitled to when you stop working. It can be a bit of a maze, but someone can talk you through how benefit is calculated and citizens information, or the maternity benefit section in Donegal are both really helpful. As far as I know it is based on the number of stamps you have paid so with your temp work you still might qualify?

If it helps - I got pregnant 16 years ago, the Dad ran out and his sister who was my boss let me go and then wouldn't sign the forms for the social welfare. It took a bit of effort but I got help from the community welfare officer, found a flat and got lone parents sorted. After she was born I went to college, got a degree, got a job I love. 16 years on I have a beautiful 15 year old daughter who has been the light of my life, a husband, another baby on the way, a home I love.... Lots of things to be very happy about :)

Arming yourself with all the information is the important thing now (a lot of things are based on your individual circumstances, age, location etc), so find out what you can. Then you can start making a lovely home for you and your new baby!

Advertisement