Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea v. Aston Villa 20:00

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

DazMarz wrote: »
    Wasn't deserved, wasn't pretty, Villa have every right to feel hard done by that they didn't get at least a point out of it tonight... But the football gods decided it was Chelsea's night.

Ivanovic: I've seen players sent off for far less. Fair enough, Benteke made a proper banquet out of it, but depending on the referee, Ivanovic could easily have walked there. Then he pops up with that absolute beast of a header and secures the three points.

I thought sure both Weimann and Lukaku had scored with their respective chances and both were sinfully unlucky not to. Weimann moreso; a foot or so to the left or right and Cech was beaten and left on his arse. No question.

Ba once again showed why he should not be anything more than a player for the earliest rounds of the League Cup and the FA Cup. He should never start a Premier League game for Chelsea. Lukaku looked lively, dangerous and was so unlucky not to score. Torres was not spectacular against Hull, but he provided good hold up, passing and link up play. Ba did nothing tonight except get caught offside and mean more work for other players. Ship him out ASAP.

While I was disappointed that KDB didn't get a look in tonight, this is probably saving him for Sunday.

This is Mourinho all over; it will never be spectacular, but it will nearly always result in 3 points. Do enough to win, and nothing more. It is not good to look at, at times, but if it means trophies nobody will complain (Chelsea fans anyway).

Sunday... Bloody Sunday... Huge game in store. Cannot wait for it! :D

Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

DazMarz wrote: »
    Wasn't deserved, wasn't pretty, Villa have every right to feel hard done by that they didn't get at least a point out of it tonight... But the football gods decided it was Chelsea's night.

Ivanovic: I've seen players sent off for far less. Fair enough, Benteke made a proper banquet out of it, but depending on the referee, Ivanovic could easily have walked there. Then he pops up with that absolute beast of a header and secures the three points.

I thought sure both Weimann and Lukaku had scored with their respective chances and both were sinfully unlucky not to. Weimann moreso; a foot or so to the left or right and Cech was beaten and left on his arse. No question.

Ba once again showed why he should not be anything more than a player for the earliest rounds of the League Cup and the FA Cup. He should never start a Premier League game for Chelsea. Lukaku looked lively, dangerous and was so unlucky not to score. Torres was not spectacular against Hull, but he provided good hold up, passing and link up play. Ba did nothing tonight except get caught offside and mean more work for other players. Ship him out ASAP.

While I was disappointed that KDB didn't get a look in tonight, this is probably saving him for Sunday.

This is Mourinho all over; it will never be spectacular, but it will nearly always result in 3 points. Do enough to win, and nothing more. It is not good to look at, at times, but if it means trophies nobody will complain (Chelsea fans anyway).

Sunday... Bloody Sunday... Huge game in store. Cannot wait for it! :D

Don't ya mean Monday :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

CSF wrote: »
    Except the decisions against Arsenal were the correct ones... You Arsenal fans are having trouble accepting a deserved defeat.
    Corholio wrote: »
    Do tell us what ones were wrong?

The Kosc penalty + resulting red. If you have to freeze frame it to the point where the contact on the player is exactly one frame before the contact on the ball then that is not visible to the human eye at all and a dodgy decision by the ref. Anywhere else on the pitch everyone says its a brilliant tackle. Ref then misses a blatant second yellow from Vlaar.

Sczesney doesn't deny a goalscoring chance so isn't a red, Agbon passes it right to his team mates who misses the open net. Ref was generally awful for the entire match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Aw christ... Two fails in one thread. Between fúcking up the kick off time and then forgetting it's MNF...

ah, Jaysus... It's late. I'm full of pasta. Gimme a break. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AdamD wrote: »
    The Kosc penalty + resulting red. If you have to freeze frame it to the point where the contact on the player is exactly one frame before the contact on the ball then that is not visible to the human eye at all and a dodgy decision by the ref. Anywhere else on the pitch everyone says its a brilliant tackle. Ref then misses a blatant second yellow from Vlaar.

Sczesney doesn't deny a goalscoring chance so isn't a red, Agbon passes it right to his team mates who misses the open net. Ref was generally awful for the entire match.
    It doesn't matter how difficult it was to see or even how he came to it. The correct one was made. Far more just than a decision not being made because the ref missed it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Chelsea should be happy to get out of there with 3 points. They weren't as good as they were on the weekend, but Villa are a far better side than they were last year. They should be comfortably mid-table.

CSF wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how difficult it was to see or even how he came to it. The correct one was made. Far more just than a decision not being made because the ref missed it

It wasn't just at all tbh. Its sport, not science. He got the ball and the man and virtually the same time, there is no way of telling otherwise without a high tech camera. Therefore the ref guessed, and shock horror, went against Arsenal. Then sends Kosc off for a foul where he doesn't make any contact with the player, then doesn't send Vlaar off for an obvious second yellow.

Anyway I'm out, the question was asked and there's my answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

So he got it wrong by getting it right? Nonsense and you know it. Agbonlahor doesnt 'pass' the ball at all. Amazing even with the benefit of replays you can be still bitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It wasn't just at all tbh. Its sport, not science. He got the ball and the man and virtually the same time, there is no way of telling otherwise without a high tech camera. Therefore the ref guessed, and shock horror, went against Arsenal. Then sends Kosc off for a foul where he doesn't make any contact with the player, then doesn't send Vlaar off for an obvious second yellow.

Anyway I'm out, the question was asked and there's my answer.

This logic makes no sense at all. Whether the ref guessed or not, he guessed right

Corholio wrote: »
    So he got it wrong by getting it right? Nonsense and you know it. Agbonlahor doesnt 'pass' the ball at all. Amazing even with the benefit of replays you can be still bitter.

Sczesny doesn't prevent a goalscoring opportunity, its not hard to see, Agbon isn't getting it, Weimann is hence the 'pass'. Weimann gets the open goal - Goalscoring opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Benteke really is something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Pretty sure Ivanovic was offside for his goal aswell.

Benteke is going to be a marked man now if teams know he gets snotty with a bit of rough treatment. Hope Lambert has a word with him about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Sczesny doesn't prevent a goalscoring opportunity, its not hard to see, Agbon isn't getting it, Weimann is hence the 'pass'. Weimann gets the open goal - Goalscoring opportunity.

Once the keeper fouls him its a goal scoring opportunity considering he's running pretty straight. Weimann shooting has nothing to do with it, the ref still gave the penalty. Anyway I wasnt bothered he wasnt sent off, your analysis of Koscielny's tackle is what amused me most.

Advertisement