Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the lodge

Options
  • 21-08-2013 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

anyone know will the lodge be open this semester?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Ginge Young

I heard the other day that it won't be. Not 100% certain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Hope so! Sunday nights were great, free night (walk there, free in and don't drink) or cheap night for others. Usually always a crowd or enough to be good craic. Missed it last semester but I'd say Monday morning lecturers didn't mind the few less zombies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lilmissbob

It was dead last semester the 2 times I went there, one of the times was RAG week cuz every where else was full, and the Lodge was dead. Can't see it opening again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

It'll prob open for freshers week and rag week but beyond that I'd doubt it.
    Place was dead last year on the average sunday night.
    Never went there on a week night but I wouldn't imagine it'd be much better

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

It'll prob open for freshers week and rag week but beyond that I'd doubt it.
    Place was dead last year on the average sunday night.
    Never went there on a week night but I wouldn't imagine it'd be much better

No this can't happen.. i was there a good few sundays first semester and it was always fairly full!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

No this can't happen.. i was there a good few sundays first semester and it was always fairly full!!

It was fairly full towards the beginning of the semester but numbers of people going to the place dwindled fairly quickly.
    I always liked the lodge so was there quiet a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Its full for the first few weeks of the first semester when it opens because all the first years think its the place to be.. shortly after they realise how bad it gets when they see people walking around in there in tracksuits or football shorts..

I hated the lodge in first year.. loved it in second yer! Don't want it to close

Some of my best nights were Sunday night in the Lodge...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

IT's a hole of a place only the ones who can't get into the proper clubs in town go there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

sup_dude wrote: »
    Hope so! Sunday nights were great, free night (walk there, free in and don't drink) or cheap night for others. Usually always a crowd or enough to be good craic.

Any that's exactly why it closed!

IT's a hole of a place only the ones who can't get into the proper clubs in town go there

arriving up to college on a sunday night and hitting to the lodge is a great idea! then maybe into town during the week... seeing the same people that are in the lodge, in town.

maybe you can't handle the lodge and prefer the safeguard of proper bouncers and expensive drink but i'll take my three vodkas and pepsi for €10 over a €8 jagerbomb anyday

Lodge is open!!! Woo!! :D

Lodge is open!!! Woo!! :D

Not for long since its strictly over 19s

garv123 wrote: »

I highly doubt it's strictly for Lodge
    I dunno why clubs are doing that though. First year, I spent the whole time waiting for next year so I'm 18 and I get to 18 and everywhere changes to over 19s. Hoping they don't all change to over 20s this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

garv123 wrote: »

Catering for a more mature clientele.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

YFlyer wrote: »
    Catering for a more mature clientele.

Not as much more mature as less borderline underage first years who can't handle their drink. I'd assume that it will be back to 18s by mid-semester.

The place will be jammers either way for the First Seven Weeks.

YFlyer wrote: »
    The place will be jammers either way for the First two Weeks.

FYP...

I didn't realise that there be a major fall off in numbers, after the 1st 2 weeks, going to the Lodge.

Do all the undergrads stay at home or go elsewhere then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Where the fcuk is the lodge?!?!

Pai Mei wrote: »
    Where the fcuk is the lodge?!?!

:D
    Beside Lidl
    Edit: Directions; out of east gate, take the first road (not turn in to estates) to the right and go as far as the bus stop, you'll see the gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

:D
    Beside Lidl
    Edit: Directions; out of east gate, take the first road (not turn in to estates) to the right and go as far as the bus stop, you'll see the gates.
    to the left no ? :P

eoins23456 wrote: »
    to the left no ? :P

Aye, it's on the left! So left at east gate, first road right, at the bus stop on the left :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

I lived within spitting distance of it for a semester without knowing where it was :P Like yeah I've heard of the Lodge hotel is it anywhere near that? Turns out it was... :P

Advertisement