Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New account

Options
  • 21-08-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

Hey I was on here recently asking about something. I'm sure it's not related, but even though I've made no decision about the electricity in the apt in moving into I've apparently been connected to electric Ireland. A letter came in my name. I haven't looked for anything like that. Anyway. I might be happy enough to go with ye. To save hassle. If I'm willing to pay by direct debit are there any other fees I've to worry about? Cos with moving in etc I'm tapped.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi El Inho,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. If your house has been newly connected, then if after a period of time you have not nominated a supplier, ESB Networks will automatically register your property to Electric Ireland. This registration may also be put forward by your landlord/ letting agent on your behalf while you decide which supplier you would like to choose. This is to avoid disconnection in the property and to ensure the maintanence of the power supply.

If you decide to pay via Direct Debit, then you will not be liable for a security deposit and will also be eligible to receive one of our price plans. If you would like me to review your details to confirm the status of your account, please private message our Electric Ireland Reps account with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number.

Further information for tenants which may be of interest for you can be found on our website: https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/information-for-tenants.jsp

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement