Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Monitor

Options
  • 21-08-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

OK so LO is only 16 months and second baby monitor just kicked the bucket. Due no 2 in march.
    We bought a camera monitor originally but cant use the sound option on this as it interfears with the wifi. It was great in the begining to see her on the camera and i recently started using it when we took the bars off the cot so we could keep an eye.

We also have a movement monitor which we stopped using months ago but will be used for no 2.

So a sound monitor is all im after. Got a motorolla MBP10 and thought this was brilliant as doesnt make constant noise, doesnt interfear with wifi and had a good battery. Accidently plugged it in to the wrong charger which fried the wires in it months ago so bought another one the exact same and today it just wont turn on.

So just wondering would you just buy a cheapy for toddler as mainly only used when she goes to bed as both bedroom doors are left open so she can come in to us in the mornings so its not used during the night.
    When no 2 is born we were planning on getting one with a talkback option as this would have been handy when LO was younger.
    Or would you buy a good one with talkback etc now. (any recomendations)
    We havent decided yet if we will put the 2 in the same room or seperate rooms.

Oh i dont know. Ive confused myself just writing this. (Blaming the baby brain :confused:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

After multiple recommendations, we bought a BT monitor. It's easy to use, had talkback (although we've never used it) and most importantly it causes no interference.

It wasn't very cheap but we bought it in Argos half price and I've seen then half price since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi suucee, we have the tommee tippee monitor. It's just the simple one with the parent unit and the baby unit. It's just the sound one. We find it grand. Have never had a problem with it. I bought the angel one aswell as when we output LO in his own room I was worried amd I wanted to monitor the breathing aspect. After one night I never used it again. It just wrecked my head as could hear every movement he made! But I will use the angel when the new baby comes.

I'd say just get a simple one. I'd recommend the tommee tippee as it suits us perfectly.

Advertisement