Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Stranorlar to arrive before 1pm?

Options
  • 21-08-2013 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have to be in Stranorlar for 1pm on a Friday. According to the abysmal Bus Éireann website the first bus departs Busáras at 8:45am and arrives in Stranorlar at 13:44.

With the exception of going up the night before and staying overnight, is there any form of transport like other coaches or links to nearby towns that will get me there before 1pm?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

Seanchai wrote: »
    Hi,

I have to be in Stranorlar for 1pm on a Friday. According to the abysmal Bus Éireann website the first bus departs Busáras at 8:45am and arrives in Stranorlar at 13:44.

With the exception of going up the night before and staying overnight, is there any form of transport like other coaches or links to nearby towns that will get me there before 1pm?

Thanks.

Car
    Taxi
    Plane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Dublin to Letterkenny at 6:15
    Letterkenny to Ballybofey at 11:50

or

Dublin to Strabane at 6:15 (Letterkenny bus) says it will get you there at 9:40
    Strabane to Ballybofey at 9:50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Maldesu wrote: »
    Dublin to Letterkenny at 6:15
    Letterkenny to Ballybofey at 11:50

or

Dublin to Strabane at 6:15 (Letterkenny bus) says it will get you there at 9:40
    Strabane to Ballybofey at 9:50

Thanks a million. I hadn't done a Ballybofey search. Does the Ballybofey bus stop in Stranorlar, or is Stranorlar a couple of kms beyond it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Thanks a million. I hadn't done a Ballybofey search. Does the Ballybofey bus stop in Stranorlar, or is Stranorlar a couple of kms beyond it?

Ballybofey is on one side of the bridge, Stranorlar on the other. The bridge is less than 100m and will take all of 2 minutes to walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Maldesu wrote: »
    Ballybofey is on one side of the bridge, Stranorlar on the other. The bridge is less than 100m and will take all of 2 minutes to walk.

Brilliant. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

John McGinley goes through Lifford at 12:40 on Friday. You would probably have to get a taxi from Lifford to Ballybofey, although McGinley does have some feeder services.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

solas111 wrote: »
    John McGinley goes through Lifford at 12:40 on Friday. You would probably have to get a taxi from Lifford to Ballybofey, although McGinley does have some feeder services.

It's €22 for a taxi I think so Bus Eireann is the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Hi,

Thanks.

http://getthere.ie/dublin-ballybofey/23-Aug

looks like the only kinda choice is a really early start from Dublin

06:15 Bus Éireann (change at Letterkenny)
    06:15 Departs Dublin Busáras
    10:15 Arrives Letterkenny Bus Station
    11:50 Departs Letterkenny Bus Station
    12:10 Arrives Ballybofey Shopping Centre

Total journey time 5 hrs, 55 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Or you could get the Dublin-Derry bus which leaves 15 mins earlier, it will still stop in strabane.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Route 32 to Lifford and route 494 to Ballybofey. Depart 0615, arrive 1025 or depart 0845, arrive 1250.

Slight detour :) route 1 to Belfast, route 212 to Derry and route 480 to Ballybofey. Depart 0400, arrive 0950.

Use www.a-b.ie put itne h exact locations and relevant dates and times and tweak the settings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement