Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i entitled to any form of help?

Options
  • 21-08-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi just wondering if anyone knows if im entitled to any financial help.
    Im 22 years old and working 15 to 20 hrs part time.
    iv been out of education for over a year.
    i will be studying beauty therapy part time in september (2 days a week) in a private college costing me over €3000 out of my own wages.I live with my parents.any financial help or suggestions would be great.need to be able fund my car and do the course at the same time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

needhelp! wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone knows if im entitled to any financial help.
    Im 22 years old and working 15 to 20 hrs part time.
    iv been out of education for over a year.
    i will be studying beauty therapy part time in september (2 days a week) in a private college costing me over €3000 out of my own wages.I live with my parents.any financial help or suggestions would be great.need to be able fund my car and do the course at the same time

The only thing I can think of is maybe you could get tax relief on the course fees!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5 needhelp!

The only thing I can think of is maybe you could get tax relief on the course fees!

thanks iv looked that up. but my college isn't listed :( hopefully il be entitled to some sort of job seekers allowance as i only work a max of 20hrs a week

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

needhelp! wrote: »
    thanks iv looked that up. but my college isn't listed :( hopefully il be entitled to some sort of job seekers allowance as i only work a max of 20hrs a week

If you work any more than 3 days a week you won't

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5 needhelp!

If you work any more than 3 days a week you won't

i normally work the friday,sat and sun.sometimes a tuesday but im sure my employer will have no problem with giving me the 3 days only

Advertisement