Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juwel Aquarium Filter Broken?

Options
  • 21-08-2013 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi guys bit worried, had the tank for about 3 years now and recently the filter just stops. Ive replaced the sponges over the years every few months. It seems when I put all the sponges in the filter power diminshes to sometimes nothing at all, if the sponges are out theres full power??

Ive dismantled the filter and the fan goes fine

Not sure if I need a new filter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

OK so I think I have fixed it, basically there was not enough space between the sponges so the flow was pretty bad. I have put gaps in between them and it seems to be going pretty solid now. As a result of a good 12 hours of no filtration the water became murky and the fish started gasping at the surface.

I didnt take any readings as I knew it was ammonia so I did a quick 50% water change. They seem pretty normal now, water less murky. The filter looks alright but will have to keep an eye on it.

Anyone have any other suggestions? whens a good time to check the nitrate, ammonia etc when you have done a 50% water change?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Don't feed for a couple of days to give the filter time to catch up and then start feeding in small amounts and get back up to your full amount after a few days. The fish will be fine.

Advertisement