Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

studio speakers

Options
  • 21-08-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

right so...ive been using decent headphones and crap speakers for the mostpart till now, but i think its time to upgrade

anyone have suggestions for studio speakers? cheaper is preferable, whatever is the least i can pay while still getting some quality im happy

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

What's your budget mate?

Plenty of options here to give you an idea of what's out there and prices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

well, how much is worth spending? i supppose i could go between 150-250? maybe more but if i can get something good for that price then im happy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Well it all depends really :)

Spend what you afford to get the best ones you can, but bear in mind the room you're in/where you're recording.
    It might be worth spending a little less on the monitors and using some of the cash to treat the room ie. buying/building some bass traps and absorbers.

No point having a fantastic set of monitors if the room is preventing you hearing them properly. Or no point spending big if it's just for fun at home

That being said, I've no idea where you're working be it a bedroom or a small studio/room so don't want to be telling you how you should be spending your cash if it might be wasted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

well at this stage im at an ameatuer level but i plan on perusing this all the way to the top, i guess ill look into some cheap form of padding for the room, its the usual bedroom setup for these speakers anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

shane9689 wrote: »
    well at this stage im at an ameatuer level but i plan on perusing this all the way to the top, i guess ill look into some cheap form of padding for the room, its the usual bedroom setup for these speakers anyways.

You won't need much :)

Here's an example of what a little can do :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement