Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc 8/12 losing time

Options
  • 21-08-2013 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi all I got a hkc 8/12 and the time keeps slipping. I have to reset the time every couple of months at the moment its 15 minutes behind real time any ideas on this.it's not a huge problem for me but would like to know why it's happening

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the panel battery low?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

iopener wrote: »
    Hi all I got a hkc 8/12 and the time keeps slipping. I have to reset the time every couple of months at the moment its 15 minutes behind real time any ideas on this.it's not a huge problem for me but would like to know why it's happening

That is weird. How long have you the system in? Do you know what version software is installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Could be the mains frequency, that's how a lot of panels keep time. If the frequency is low for some reason then the panel may loose time
    Are you in a rural or urban location

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

I'm in a house on the north side or dublin I'm not sure what version of software is installed.the alarm is in about 4/5 years I think, I've not changed the battery for a couple of years so I might try that it's the easiest to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Probably just needs a complete power down/up and it will more than likely be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Jnealon wrote: »
    Could be the mains frequency, that's how a lot of panels keep time. If the frequency is low for some reason then the panel may loose time
    Are you in a rural or urban location

This is true. If you have mains fault there is a back up crystal that keeps the time and date but it isnt as accurate as the 50 hertz main signal. So over time and multiple mains fail the time and date can drift

Advertisement